Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-17-14, 07:53 PM  
hypnomoon

The Slim in 6 and the other Debbie S. workouts. The dread factor was too great and I found them boring to boot. I sold them off.

There are some workouts I still dread but, usually on a portion of it. There are some Cathe workouts that are just really hard and I still struggle with some of Amy Ross' chore, but I can see past the dread I feel and take it as a challenge.

Hell, I dread scrubbing my floors but I need to do that too! Didn't our parents con us by saying it builds character? LOL
hypnomoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-14, 01:36 AM  
marya

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypnomoon View Post
The Slim in 6 and the other Debbie S. workouts. The dread factor was too great and I found them boring to boot. I sold them off.

There are some workouts I still dread but, usually on a portion of it. There are some Cathe workouts that are just really hard and I still struggle with some of Amy Ross' chore, but I can see past the dread I feel and take it as a challenge.

Hell, I dread scrubbing my floors but I need to do that too! Didn't our parents con us by saying it builds character? LOL
Oh, yes--I forgot Debbie Siebers. Must add Slim Series to my dread list. (Luckily, they were all dirt cheap thrift store purchases.) I had so wanted to like them--but they were just too un-fun (although I did keep Cool It Off and the 15 minute stretch). I finally accepted that gym-style workouts aren't my thing. Even my favorite Leslies are the old ones filmed in her home.
marya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-14, 10:59 AM  
DejaDeb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori_Michigan View Post
I'm a person who thrives on variety, so rotations just don't work for me. (I'm an Aries woman!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by horsemom2 View Post
that explains it for me too

Barb S
another Aries woman LOL
A third Aries! Although I think that explains my impatience with some workouts more than my need for variety in workouts!
Old 12-18-14, 02:20 PM  
KBear

I should really get rid of Toniques. I only did a few times. Yes, too much dread. I have her "mat" and Tonique 2. In addition to endless repetitions, they have:
1) very annoying music (it never seems to change--- same thing over and over).
2) Ugly set
3) She says "10 more" or whatever, and once you do 10 more she says "10 more" again....
4) She says some weird things ..... like "The Polish women do not have stomach." I know what she means, but it drives me nuts. I don't how they eat without "stomach."
5) it is hard!

I think she is beautiful and I admire her stamina, though.
KBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-14, 05:56 PM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

Quote:
I'm finding my dread factor changing as I'm getting older: in my 20's, the dread factor was low impact, low weights; in my 30's, the dread factor was pilates, yoga, and stretching. Now, in my 40's, that's all I want to do -- low impact, low weights, pilates, yoga, and stretching! Ah, such is life.

My current dread factor is: repetition, high impact, TIFTing, too much choreography, HiiT, heavy weights and/or kettlebells, anything over an hour, basically anything that I don't feel good after.

I'm a person who thrives on variety, so rotations just don't work for me. (I'm an Aries woman!)
I am in my early 40's and it seems that all I want to do is yoga lately too. I am even contemplating whittling my strength collection to just the essentials. My yoga collection has exploded lately though, I just went and bought a bunch of Yoga Zones after discovering that they are going out of print.

I think partly what appeals to me about it is that it little equipment, just have to grab my yoga mat and go. I like my weight workouts that I just grab some weights and go, I find lately that I really don't like fussing with bands anymore. Plus one of these days one will probably snap and hit me in the face, so maybe it's time to say bye bye to bands and any workouts that use them. Sure, I could modify them to using weights but it kind of defeats the purpose, why not just choose a different workout. I find that I get annoyed modifying certain workouts too much too.

Good grief...I am turning into a grouch aren't I? My mom used to call me Oscar when I was young.
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-14, 06:03 PM  
Shelbyfit

Very surprised to see the dread toward Cathe!

As much as I love the workout's results, in my collection, I would say Ilaria's Atletica 3 has the highest dread factor, simply because of anticipation toward the 2nd segment where she does the standing exercises for 2 minutes...seems like an eternity! But I love it anyhow!
Shelbyfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-14, 06:59 PM  
Sara1000

For me Dread Factor applies to workouts I hate because they are hard, painful or boring but which I think I SHOULD do because they will bring results.

Often I get rid of these only to repurchase them later, as with Core Fusion Glutes and Thighs.

I recently re-purchased FIRM Standing Legs, Sandrine, because I think those are the moves I need to do, all wrapped into one 30 minute workout.
Sara1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-14, 08:03 AM  
3ks

Quote:
I'm finding my dread factor changing as I'm getting older: in my 20's, the dread factor was low impact, low weights; in my 30's, the dread factor was pilates, yoga, and stretching. Now, in my 40's, that's all I want to do -- low impact, low weights, pilates, yoga, and stretching! Ah, such is life.

My current dread factor is: repetition, high impact, TIFTing, too much choreography, HiiT, heavy weights and/or kettlebells, anything over an hour, basically anything that I don't feel good after.

I am an Aries woman myself. You sound like me in your preferences. I HATE the jumping and POUNDING and throwing myself all around. I am 47.
Old 12-19-14, 08:24 AM  
athompson10
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taramisu View Post
Good grief...I am turning into a grouch aren't I? My mom used to call me Oscar when I was young.
Hee! When I turned 50 this year, I told DH I was giving myself permission to become a cranky old woman. He was all, "uh, become?"

And a friend in his 60s told me that when he turned 65, his Bucket List became a F***-it List; he doesn't put up with any nonsense.

OK, back on topic...
Old 12-19-14, 08:41 AM  
mmis29

Low Max - What a snoozer.
Anything HiiT.

Tags
dread factor, joni o