Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-16-14, 02:27 PM  
vigirl

Anything repetitive and lots of TIFT.
And sadly Tracy Anderson. I have almost all her workouts and they are crazy effective for me but I can't seem to do them for more than a couple of times before the dread sets in.

But I don't dread Leslie even tho it's the same 4 moves... maybe because she switches them up and there is pattern to her choreography at all.
vigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-14, 02:30 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhyllisG View Post
I really can't say as I probably got rid of it immediately. I don't do dread.
This is one of the reasons the term "Joni O" was invented...

Add me to the list of people who don't do dread. Even if it's dreading a workout that gives me results, I figure that there has to be a workout out there that will do that same without the dread.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-14, 02:57 PM  
neatski

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisyduke View Post
Insanity. Did 2 whole months of it. Loathed every minute. Got no results.
I didn't hate the Month 1 ones, but I also had ZERO results. I think the sustained intensity is pointless and just asking for injury. The whole point of interval workouts is to work so hard that you can't continue past the (short) length of the interval. Working at 80-90% for short periods and constantly changing what you're doing is supposedly what helps you achieve results. By definition, you can't exercise at that level of intensity for longer than a minute or two. At least that's what I understand from what I've read about interval training. I've achieved way better results from short HIIT workouts and found them to be much more enjoyable than Insanity.

The most effective workout is the one you're not doing right now!

neatski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-14, 04:02 PM  
superfit41
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherimac View Post
Anything Cathe. Which is why I no longer do Cathe workouts.
Me too Cheri! Lol! I have not done a Cathe in years either, for the very same reason.
Sherry
superfit41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-14, 04:56 PM  
jenn38

It's not so much the workouts themselves but certain moves I dread. Like others if I dread the entire workout I just get rid of it. Moves I dread I just modify. The one workout that has the most dread is Muscle Endurance by Cathe. So many leg presses.
Old 12-16-14, 05:02 PM  
mle777

Quote:
Originally Posted by athompson10 View Post
The other one that gets me is Body Beast Build legs, which is on my rotation for later this week. There's one particular sequence of alternating lunges right into box step-ups with rear lunges. With the suggested moderate to heavy weights, little rest between sets and a high enough step, my legs are beat and my heart is pounding at the end of that stretch. I love how I feel when I'm done, but I'm telling myself out loud "c'mon, you got it, you're strong" as I work through it.
This, yes, all of it! Lots of dread, but dang my legs were starting to look good and were so strong when I was incorporating this one in consistently. I need to add it back in the rotation when I'm done with JNL.

3x Tough Mudder
mle777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-14, 05:06 PM  
marya

Petra Kolber's B.R.E.A.T.H.E. and anything Jill Miller tie for my all-time dreads. Actually, I like the personalities of both instructors very much, but Petra's TIFTTing drives me up a wall, and Jill's technique is too rough and tumble for me; in fact, I consider her workouts safety hazards.

The only Jill Miller I've retained is her Quick Fixes, mainly for the upper body portions--nothing too threatening there. I've kept Petra's B.R.E.A.T.H.E. just in case I might be able to adopt a meditative attitude toward the TIFTTING (not too likely, but stranger things have happened in my fitness journey).
marya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-14, 05:44 PM  
TinierTina

Quote:
Originally Posted by marya View Post
Petra Kolber's B.R.E.A.T.H.E. and anything Jill Miller tie for my all-time dreads. Actually, I like the personalities of both instructors very much, but Petra's TIFTTing drives me up a wall, and Jill's technique is too rough and tumble for me; in fact, I consider her workouts safety hazards.

The only Jill Miller I've retained is her Quick Fixes, mainly for the upper body portions--nothing too threatening there. I've kept Petra's B.R.E.A.T.H.E. just in case I might be able to adopt a meditative attitude toward the TIFTTING (not too likely, but stranger things have happened in my fitness journey).
I like TIFFTING, but not for a really good reason.

My memory went so south, that every moment is another wonder ... and the TIFTed presentation feels just like I'm back in dance class ...

Maybe also, I can't really take rapid intervals, or rapid complex whole-body-bendy moves ...

-Bettina

"If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you"?! REALLY!! If it doesn't serve me, it doesn't save me!!
TinierTina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-14, 06:18 PM  
Pam

The ones I dread are any with complicated dance movements, because I get very frustrated having to watch closely to the steps and can't concentrate on working out.

I also dread any I know I will get bored long before I get a workout in-Leslie and Tracy Anderson immediately come to mind.

Any of these are quickly traded or donated, like many others have said.
Pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-14, 06:38 PM  
jEnNnY

Quote:
Originally Posted by loverly7 View Post
I don't do dread workouts either. If I don't like a workout it gets donated immediately. Life is too short to suffer through dread workouts.
AMEN!
Rudy Methia' s non-stopp chatter in 365 Yoga Warrior. I have done just a few DVDs and the practices are good but I can't stand his constant chatter. I personally can't do yoga like that!
jEnNnY is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dread factor, joni o