Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-17-14, 09:53 AM  
TamiT

Oh wow, I haven't seen the tv infomercial. I actually met Diamond Dallas Page several years ago at a convention in St. Louis. I guess I need to keep my tv on more so I can see it. Sounds like he's created some new workouts since I purchased in 2008.
TamiT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-14, 04:39 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

Jackie, I did email and ask for a refund of the shipping cost. Haven't heard anything.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-14, 04:47 PM  
barreboxbell

He has a bunch of workshops coming up in the US and Canada: http://www.ddpyogaworkshops.com/events/ if you want to get to know the program in-depth. My husband and I are thinking of going to the one in LA.
barreboxbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-14, 04:59 PM  
PhyllisG

Also, wanted to mention that is totally not a stretch workout. 100% strength based yoga.[/QUOTE]

That sounds even better. A wonderful VFer has offered to let me borrow it so I can see if I like it.
PhyllisG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-14, 06:17 PM  
eam531
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni O View Post
Watching the infomercial now. I find it really sad that it's all about how much weight you can lose - same as every other infomercial. He talks about how it improves your life, yet all the testimonials are from people who lost 100+ pounds. Maybe it will get better. I ordered this yesterday, before watching the infomercial. I like a calm, soothing voice when I'm doing a stretch workout. We'll see how I like this.

I thought the price was good. Regular $119.99 for $79.99 for the Max Pack. Bummer. I see it's free shipping in the infomercial. I'm paying $6.15. That's not bad, though.
This program is aimed at people who have significant amounts of weight to lose--that's definitely the niche market that DDP is going after. That, and people who wouldn't be caught dead in a regular yoga studio. There are very few people on the Team DDP forum who are like me (already active, no weight to lose, with yoga experience). I do DDPY to enjoy another flavor of yoga; almost everyone else does it because they have a lot of weight to lose and/or haven't exercised in years.

DDP is not a "calm soothing" presence, he just isn't. He was one of the "villains" in the pro wrestling circuit. He has lots of energy--not manic or anything, but energetic--and he has a loud voice. I am not always in the mood for his energy level, admittedly, but when I am, I enjoy the workouts. I like him as an instructor and view the purchase of DDPY as a very good addition to my workout library.

The only one of his workouts that is even in the "calm and soothing" ballpark is "Wake Up". It's a 10 minute stretch routine for when you first wake up. It's gentle and relaxing.

There is no way of telling people they are all walking around shining like the sun--Thomas Merton

People have done all kinds of remarkable things because they thought they could. People routinely fail to do quite ordinary things because they assume they can't--Reinhard Engels

Stay gold, Ponyboy--S.E. Hinton

Pick up your crazy heart and give it one more try--Ryan Bingham

Disclosure: I have a personal relationship with a fitness instructor who has appeared in some videos.
eam531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-14, 12:50 AM  
nevertoolate

Quote:
Originally Posted by eam531 View Post
The only one of his workouts that is even in the "calm and soothing" ballpark is "Wake Up". It's a 10 minute stretch routine for when you first wake up. It's gentle and relaxing.
HAHA! I love DDP's Wake Up! It's my go-to morning workout when I don't have time for Classical Stretch or Erin Motz or some other short yoga routine. It's a good workout and he's a cheerful guy to start the day with.

Ann
nevertoolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-14, 05:57 PM  
Cher

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevertoolate View Post
HAHA! I love DDP's Wake Up! It's my go-to morning workout when I don't have time for Classical Stretch or Erin Motz or some other short yoga routine. It's a good workout and he's a cheerful guy to start the day with.

Ann
I'll have to remember this when I want a short yoga routine!
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-14, 09:40 PM  
sunday

Since I am learning about - and enjoying - the wisdom of real rotations, I went ahead and ordered the DDP set at the sale price. I know these are NOT soothing, lol, but since they've gotten some great reviews by yoginis here, I wanted to give it a try sometime after I'm finished with Piyo.
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-14, 07:45 AM  
PhyllisG

Not soothing.......that is why they appeal to me I think. More strength based. Looking forward to hearing what you think.
PhyllisG is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ddp, ddp yoga