Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-12-14, 03:29 PM  
pcramer

Bumping to see if we heard back on the price of the DVDs at the NJ studio.

I'm really interested in making a purchase
Old 12-12-14, 05:58 PM  
dnna

I do not have more information about the price and ordering at the New Jersey office.
The owner wants me to send more information about the board and also is working with the UK office on how to sell them?

Please give me a few days as I’m working with the UK office about selling DVDS here in the USA. We have not done it before and there are some details I need to work out.

These DVDS are NOT like the ones with Trudy. They are not really a “class” in the traditional sense but more go thru the Garuda method and choreography.

so now I am not sure about ordering them? I still do want the chair one though-I might take a chance on that one.

donna
dnna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-14, 06:51 PM  
pcramer

Thanks for the information Donna.

I'm still very interested in these.

I think after doing TA, following along with James won't be that hard
Old 12-15-14, 01:47 PM  
Sinclair

My dvd arrived! I will preview tomorrow (it's already quite late here)
Sinclair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-14, 04:10 PM  
fuzzie
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinclair View Post
My dvd arrived! I will preview tomorrow (it's already quite late here)
How exciting! Very much looking forward to your review
fuzzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-14, 04:15 PM  
pcramer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzie View Post
How exciting! Very much looking forward to your review
Me too!!! Cannot to hear what you think
Old 12-15-14, 05:14 PM  
dnna

I can't hardly to read your first impressions!
and wow, that got to you very fast!
dnna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-14, 12:29 PM  
Sinclair

Foundation Matwork

Sooo, here I am again. I didn't actually do the workout today but I previewed and tried to break it down for you guys - but there are loads of exercises so I'm sure I missed some.
First impression was good - it took only 5 days from UK to arrive here in Germany, it's a pressed dvd. It is not chaptered! It has no menu! Quite disappointed about that. There are the youtube previews of the Apparatus, Seated, Standing and the Foundation Matwork (which you can skip forward but that's where the chaptering stops). The times are only aproximate (I fasted forward, paused, etc.).

The workout is split into:
- Supine (= Bridge) -15:00
- Abdominals -15:00
- Seated -10:00
- All Fours and Kneeling -15:00
- Side and Upper Back Extensions -10:00

Everything is done with the breath (like yoga). James is instructing via voice-over quite detailed (he is talking non-stop but that's no wonder since there's so much movement all the time). Music is practically non-existent, some sort of soft drumming or something like that (really, really quiet).
There are loads of transitioning moves that I haven't listed (too complicated) - it is all very flowy never choppy.

1. Supine (everything done in reps of 4)
- Breathing (hands on belly/chest, on ribs)
- Arm Momvements (from floor at your side to overhead to prayer in front of chest and back, one arm wrist moving to shoulder then circles and reaches out to the side and back - change arms, then both arms at once, one arm to shoulder then overhead and stretching the ribs/side - change arms, same movement with drawing out first the opposing leg then the same - change arms, same movement with both arms and alternating legs)
- Leg Movement (big toe to floor and little toe to floor alternating, windshieldwiping feet in and out, wiping feet both to the same side, lifting alternating feet, walking feet forwards and back, digging toes into the floor and moving feet forwards and back, one hip opening to the side and drawing back in - alternating side, opening both hips to the same side and drawing back - alternating side, opening both hips (like frog) and drawing back in)
- Arm and Leg Movement (stretching one leg while circling one arm like in the Arm Movement section then opening the same hip and drawing both arm and leg back in (this is done first with opposing leg/arms then the same side) - alternating sides, same movement but first opening both arm and hip to the side then drawing in - alternating sides, both sides at once with opening hips first with hands out first than over the head, Breath work (double breaths, tripple breaths and staccato breaths)
- Pelvic Tilts (classic tilts with breath synchronized (starting with small tilts and deepening the tilt to bridge), tilts with prayer arms (from Arm Movement), tilt with dropping one hip down - alternating side, tilt with hip circle (tilt then down with left hip and up with right hip), tilts with tailbone lengthening progressing to a wave-like motion, sort of happy baby pose with Breath work, Prayer Arms)

2. Abdominals (reps of 4)
- arms wide one knee over the other (still supine) then lying to one side while circling the arm overhead and rolling back - alternating sides, then the same with the other knee over the other, clasp hands behind head then ellbows parallel to head and little crunch while stretching out one leg and dragging it back (alternating legs), same move but with hip dropping open then stretching out and back, keeping head up drawing out legs and beating then in, head kept up with one leg up then down (alternating sides), bringing up head and bringing bent legs up at the same time, fetus to starfish (legs and arms extended with pelvis lifted), oblique crunches (one arm reaching to thigh then to the side and then diagonal to the other side - alternating sides), pelvis tilt with inner thigh squeeze, pelvis tilt with flexing feet, pelvis tilts with walking feet, pelvis tilt with lifting one leg and circling it, pelvis lifts with one leg lifted, leg lift with pelvis lift, crunces with one bent leg lifted then with both legs lifted then straightening both legs then same move but with arms up as well, pelvis tilt with bent leg circle - alternating sides, crunces with one leg up one on the floor (first bent then straight), pilates-bicycle-crunch-thingies, same move but one leg reaching to the ceiling, pilates-leg-pull-crunch-thingies, oblieque crunches (twist crunch with and without leg and then bicycle crunches), pelvis tilts with knees and feet together, pelvis tilts with heels together, pelvis tilts with feet hip-width apart, pelvis tilts with raised heels, pelvis tilt with opening one hip and down - alternating sides, opening one hip and then pelvis tilt, opening both hips and then pelvis tilt and closing hips, same movement but opening hips while going down, same movement with added crunch, crunch with lifting bent knees, pilates-roll-up-and-down with a pelvis tilt in-between

3. Seated
- Breath work
- c-curve to sitting (different variations), legs out in front with spinal twisting to one side - alternating sides, same move but with legs bent and pressing one knee to the floor and lifting up the other hip
- Foot work (crunching toes, foot circling, sickling feet with slightly lifting one knee up)
- leaning to one side while sitting up, leaning back on ellbows and pressing back up, diamond legs with leaning to one side, same move with circling the upper body to the other side while leaning back, sort of lizard push-ups (leaning to one side, push-up while one leg on the floor and the other knee bent over the other)
- pilates roll-overs with changing legs
- supine spinal twist
- supine half lotus stretch
- supine thread the needle stretch (then same move with the legs but twisting upper body to the floor and stretching out one arm)

4. All Fours and Kneeling
- Breath Work
- Cat and Cow stretch (turning it into a waving sort of thing)
- hip circles while on all fours with head circling the same side (more and more leaning to one side while circling the hips)
- shoulder circles while on all fours
- walking forward and back on all fours
- drawing one knee to oposite ellbow while on all fours
- kneeling putting wrist on floor and leaning head toward floor then walking out the arms with fingers towards knees
- kneeling wrist stretch (wave-like - one palm on the other hands fingers and stretching, extending and changing - hard to explain)
- kneeling speed bag sort of movement
- kneeling with arms extended to the side circling wrists and fingers (all of the following movements are on the preview - it's really hard to explain so please watch it there if you want to know more)
- kneeling hand movements (reaching out, circling back in, reaching in front, and more variations)
- all fours cow stretch variation
- knee to forehead and then leg extending straight back (toes on floor), same movement with extending opposing arm
- on all fours leg lifts with arm lifts
- hydrant lifts (bent legs then straightening leg, circling leg)
- knee the forhead to modified side plank (one leg bent on the floor)
- kneeling spinal twists, same movement with circling the arms
- kneeling to side plank variations
- leg lifts (from modified side plank (those pilates leg circles/lifts)

5. Side & Upper Back Extensions
- lying on one side with one arm extended on the floor lifting both legs, same move with rolling onto front and pressing back
- lying on stomach with arms extended then lifting head and shoulders while drawing back the arms (this is one the preview as well)
- cobra stretch with lifting one leg up, only lifting one leg without moving upper body
- palms up in superman pose and lifting the head and shoulders, same move with circling arms, superman (only upper body), superman with arms to fifth position and back
- child pose
- plank to all fours to child pose
- downward dog to all fours to child pose, downward dog with walking hands back until in front of feet, squatting down with hands on floor and back to extended legs, forward bend twist
- standing, standing with prayer arms

From the previews this was the most boring dvd and it is not exactly exciting so I'm not suprised. It seems to be a thorough floorwork workout though - I'm just not sure whether it's more work or stretch, will have to try it to know for sure.

Whew.... I hope this helps you guys Any questions don't hesitate to ask.
Sinclair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-14, 07:07 PM  
pcramer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinclair View Post
Sooo, here I am again. I didn't actually do the workout today but I previewed and tried to break it down for you guys - but there are loads of exercises so I'm sure I missed some.
First impression was good - it took only 5 days from UK to arrive here in Germany, it's a pressed dvd. It is not chaptered! It has no menu! Quite disappointed about that. There are the youtube previews of the Apparatus, Seated, Standing and the Foundation Matwork (which you can skip forward but that's where the chaptering stops). The times are only aproximate (I fasted forward, paused, etc.).

The workout is split into:
- Supine (= Bridge) -15:00
- Abdominals -15:00
- Seated -10:00
- All Fours and Kneeling -15:00
- Side and Upper Back Extensions -10:00

Everything is done with the breath (like yoga). James is instructing via voice-over quite detailed (he is talking non-stop but that's no wonder since there's so much movement all the time). Music is practically non-existent, some sort of soft drumming or something like that (really, really quiet).
There are loads of transitioning moves that I haven't listed (too complicated) - it is all very flowy never choppy.

1. Supine (everything done in reps of 4)
- Breathing (hands on belly/chest, on ribs)
- Arm Momvements (from floor at your side to overhead to prayer in front of chest and back, one arm wrist moving to shoulder then circles and reaches out to the side and back - change arms, then both arms at once, one arm to shoulder then overhead and stretching the ribs/side - change arms, same movement with drawing out first the opposing leg then the same - change arms, same movement with both arms and alternating legs)
- Leg Movement (big toe to floor and little toe to floor alternating, windshieldwiping feet in and out, wiping feet both to the same side, lifting alternating feet, walking feet forwards and back, digging toes into the floor and moving feet forwards and back, one hip opening to the side and drawing back in - alternating side, opening both hips to the same side and drawing back - alternating side, opening both hips (like frog) and drawing back in)
- Arm and Leg Movement (stretching one leg while circling one arm like in the Arm Movement section then opening the same hip and drawing both arm and leg back in (this is done first with opposing leg/arms then the same side) - alternating sides, same movement but first opening both arm and hip to the side then drawing in - alternating sides, both sides at once with opening hips first with hands out first than over the head, Breath work (double breaths, tripple breaths and staccato breaths)
- Pelvic Tilts (classic tilts with breath synchronized (starting with small tilts and deepening the tilt to bridge), tilts with prayer arms (from Arm Movement), tilt with dropping one hip down - alternating side, tilt with hip circle (tilt then down with left hip and up with right hip), tilts with tailbone lengthening progressing to a wave-like motion, sort of happy baby pose with Breath work, Prayer Arms)

2. Abdominals (reps of 4)
- arms wide one knee over the other (still supine) then lying to one side while circling the arm overhead and rolling back - alternating sides, then the same with the other knee over the other, clasp hands behind head then ellbows parallel to head and little crunch while stretching out one leg and dragging it back (alternating legs), same move but with hip dropping open then stretching out and back, keeping head up drawing out legs and beating then in, head kept up with one leg up then down (alternating sides), bringing up head and bringing bent legs up at the same time, fetus to starfish (legs and arms extended with pelvis lifted), oblique crunches (one arm reaching to thigh then to the side and then diagonal to the other side - alternating sides), pelvis tilt with inner thigh squeeze, pelvis tilt with flexing feet, pelvis tilts with walking feet, pelvis tilt with lifting one leg and circling it, pelvis lifts with one leg lifted, leg lift with pelvis lift, crunces with one bent leg lifted then with both legs lifted then straightening both legs then same move but with arms up as well, pelvis tilt with bent leg circle - alternating sides, crunces with one leg up one on the floor (first bent then straight), pilates-bicycle-crunch-thingies, same move but one leg reaching to the ceiling, pilates-leg-pull-crunch-thingies, oblieque crunches (twist crunch with and without leg and then bicycle crunches), pelvis tilts with knees and feet together, pelvis tilts with heels together, pelvis tilts with feet hip-width apart, pelvis tilts with raised heels, pelvis tilt with opening one hip and down - alternating sides, opening one hip and then pelvis tilt, opening both hips and then pelvis tilt and closing hips, same movement but opening hips while going down, same movement with added crunch, crunch with lifting bent knees, pilates-roll-up-and-down with a pelvis tilt in-between

3. Seated
- Breath work
- c-curve to sitting (different variations), legs out in front with spinal twisting to one side - alternating sides, same move but with legs bent and pressing one knee to the floor and lifting up the other hip
- Foot work (crunching toes, foot circling, sickling feet with slightly lifting one knee up)
- leaning to one side while sitting up, leaning back on ellbows and pressing back up, diamond legs with leaning to one side, same move with circling the upper body to the other side while leaning back, sort of lizard push-ups (leaning to one side, push-up while one leg on the floor and the other knee bent over the other)
- pilates roll-overs with changing legs
- supine spinal twist
- supine half lotus stretch
- supine thread the needle stretch (then same move with the legs but twisting upper body to the floor and stretching out one arm)

4. All Fours and Kneeling
- Breath Work
- Cat and Cow stretch (turning it into a waving sort of thing)
- hip circles while on all fours with head circling the same side (more and more leaning to one side while circling the hips)
- shoulder circles while on all fours
- walking forward and back on all fours
- drawing one knee to oposite ellbow while on all fours
- kneeling putting wrist on floor and leaning head toward floor then walking out the arms with fingers towards knees
- kneeling wrist stretch (wave-like - one palm on the other hands fingers and stretching, extending and changing - hard to explain)
- kneeling speed bag sort of movement
- kneeling with arms extended to the side circling wrists and fingers (all of the following movements are on the preview - it's really hard to explain so please watch it there if you want to know more)
- kneeling hand movements (reaching out, circling back in, reaching in front, and more variations)
- all fours cow stretch variation
- knee to forehead and then leg extending straight back (toes on floor), same movement with extending opposing arm
- on all fours leg lifts with arm lifts
- hydrant lifts (bent legs then straightening leg, circling leg)
- knee the forhead to modified side plank (one leg bent on the floor)
- kneeling spinal twists, same movement with circling the arms
- kneeling to side plank variations
- leg lifts (from modified side plank (those pilates leg circles/lifts)

5. Side & Upper Back Extensions
- lying on one side with one arm extended on the floor lifting both legs, same move with rolling onto front and pressing back
- lying on stomach with arms extended then lifting head and shoulders while drawing back the arms (this is one the preview as well)
- cobra stretch with lifting one leg up, only lifting one leg without moving upper body
- palms up in superman pose and lifting the head and shoulders, same move with circling arms, superman (only upper body), superman with arms to fifth position and back
- child pose
- plank to all fours to child pose
- downward dog to all fours to child pose, downward dog with walking hands back until in front of feet, squatting down with hands on floor and back to extended legs, forward bend twist
- standing, standing with prayer arms

From the previews this was the most boring dvd and it is not exactly exciting so I'm not suprised. It seems to be a thorough floorwork workout though - I'm just not sure whether it's more work or stretch, will have to try it to know for sure.

Whew.... I hope this helps you guys Any questions don't hesitate to ask.
Thanks so much for the detailed review!! Now I want these even more!!

I sounds a bit like the Sculpt workout that James did with Trudie, I just got this in a trade, but haven't done it yet.

I wish I could just get all of them, but I'm going to have to settle for the foundation mat for now. Thinking about ordering tomorrow. I need to figure out how much this is going to be in US dollars

I would love to hear your impressions after you do the workout.

Thanks again
Old 12-17-14, 12:56 PM  
fuzzie
VF Supporter

Sinclair - Thank you so much for this awesome breakdown! This workout seems to have the dance/floor barre feeling I love in James' workouts, with very choreographed movement and flowing transitions. Please report back after you try it - I would love to know if you enjoyed it and if you feel it has more of a "work" or "stretch" emphasis.
fuzzie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
james d'silva, trudie styler