Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 08-07-22, 08:30 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Well..... I've come here to eat my words... I think. I looked at Cathe's August rotation and it looks fun! Circuit workouts, cardio, and heavy-ish weights. So, I'll do some mix of cardio and weights one day a week. I figure I can sub in some Cathe Lives on those days. I'm excited to be back with Cathe, so that's a good thing. I definitely like the heavier weight workouts. I'll start tomorrow if I can get out of bed early enough -- have to drive to SF so it just depends on when I wake.

Today I did a tree farm walk.

Hope everyone had a great weekend!!
Old 08-08-22, 05:44 AM  
ChelePA

Up way too early this morning. Decided to get my workout done. I’m not usually a napper but I may need one later. Ha ha. Peloton 10 minutes of core. 30 minutes legs and glutes-bodyweight only.

Bee… are you looking to do Cathe’s August rotation? Or were you thinking something else? My Peloton calendar usually repeats week one and week four. So I’ve been adding Cathe on for that last week versus taking the same classes.

Cataddict… Kat posted a Facebook message saying it’s taking her quite some time to edit the advanced workout. Hopefully soon!

Manleym… Sounds you’ve been quite busy getting your classroom ready. Best wishes as school starts this week.

Nathalie… enjoy your staycation! Sounds like you know how to challenge yourself with Caroline without going overboard!

Horusosiris… how’s the move going? I should hire your son to get rid of all of our stuff. Of course my husband couldn’t be home for it. Ha ha.

VVfer.. I’ve been thinking of you on my last few walks outdoors. The humidity is quite bad these days. I’ve only been doing 15 to 20 minutes around the neighborhood. Not taking Winston—Too hot.

Kittybug, Kate and Kim… hope you had a great weekend!
ChelePA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-22, 07:59 AM  
lavna

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee View Post
lavna, sometimes staycations are the best, aren't they?! I'm guessing when your read for pleasure it's in french?
One of the things I like about staycations, is that, if the weather is rainy or cold, they give me time to get to some chores (mostly to sort things I've been postponing).

As to reading, it depends. If it's a novel and was originally written in English, I will try to read it in English (sometimes, the translation is sooo bad!). I'm lucky that my library offers "between librairies" loan (the book is borrowed from another one in Canada). I use this quite often. Usually, when it's a magazine, it's in French as my library doesn't carry any in English.
lavna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-22, 08:17 AM  
lavna

Happy Monday!

Yesterday was day 6 of Heat - Chest and triceps. A lot of push-ups. I had to modify and skip some exercices as I'm not strong enough. Even standing push-ups were hard. I added on her 10 minutes UB and a 4 minutes tabata from Growinannanas for cardio. It was a good workout, just the right intensity for me.

manleym: I'm wonder if I'm going to feel that rotation fatigue you're refering to as it's 10 weeks. OTOH, it will be nice for a while not to have to think about which workout to do besides some abs and cardio add-ons. I would have like to try Iron as it's only 6 weeks but it was harder to fit all the wieght work in 3 days (and I didn't want to do 4 days at this moment).

I'm suprised how early schools starts. Is it like this in all USA? Do they finish earlier in December? Here, it's around to August 26 for the CEGEP (ages between 16-19) and the week before labour day for grade school. They usually finish the week before Christmas.

Waves to all!
Nathalie
lavna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-22, 01:39 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Hello all!

Workouts: Pyramid Pump upper body from the Lite series, CL #203 Lower body Confusion. The latter had another segment of barre that was similar to the other workout I did that had "barre" in the title---#197 Cardio Kickboxing & cardio barre. I thought of FN1/SHW when my legs were shaking like a chihuahua during the very last exercise. I think I need to do that one more, since the prior exercises weren't as challenging.

bee, Cathe's August rotation does look good! I think I might try it as well. I will probably substitute the CL Cardio Party workout for the DVD version since the DVD was way too slow for my taste. I think I need to follow a rotation since I tend to get scatterbrained otherwise.

lavna, good for you for keeping up with Carolines' Heat. I'm not sure I could do 10 weeks of a rotation, so I am wondering if there's a way to shorten it or cut it in half. Oh, and the school starting date and schedule depends on the state and even the school system so there is a ton of variation across the country. Our state law does not allow for school starting before Labor Day. There has been some chirping about changing it, but that's how it is currently. The end date also varies since some systems in the north build in quite a few "snow days" although that may have changed with the increase of online learning. That extends the school year. Sooo it's different wherever you live in the US!

ChelePA, thanks for the Kat update. I have plenty to do, but I would like to see what she comes up with.

Waves to all!!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-22, 02:16 PM  
horusosiris

Happy Monday to All!

Nathalie- A staycation is my favorite. I am such a home body.

Chel- my son is good a getting rid of things. He is a minimalist. I must admit that some of his reasons for getting rid of some of our things are solid.

Manelym- good luck with the start of school!

My Cathe Live subscription ended. I am going to wait to see if she has a black Friday sale to resubscribe.

Still no regular exercise for me. Packing and throwing out stuff has occupied so much of my time. Honestly I needed to lighten up on belongings and all the stuff I kept for nostalgic reasons.
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-22, 07:14 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Oh my word, Watulans, I cannot possibly hope to catch up!

Workouts first: Last Weds was CL 093 Bun Burners, Barre, and Ball, which was an EXCELLENT metabolic lower body workout with only a barre and stability ball.

Last Thurs was Pop Physique Ultimate Barre Workout. Okay, so I got this one and another Pop Physique really as 'gifts' from Mary during one of her specials on Halloween and have never done them. Um, where do I start? The outfits. Ladies, what on earth??? And what kind of name is 'Cardio Butt School'... (that's the other one of theirs I have). Okay, so all that being said, I will say the workout was pretty decent, but the instructor Sam gave absolutely impeccable form pointers while keeping things moving. I'd revisit for her pointers alone whilst I ignore the ridiculous outfits.

Friday was CL 094 PHAT 2, which I enjoyed but geez....some weeks ago, I did something to my high right hamstring that I've been dealing with and it felt REALLY cranky on Friday so the elevated lunges on that side were literally a pain. I think I have a tendonitis thing going on, sigh. Joy.

Sunday was Suzanne Bowen Tighten, Tone, and Torch, which I haven't done in AGES and I still really enjoy this one. It's sort of a more athletic barre-inspired total body workout with reminders of Leah's stuff too.

Today was Cathe High Step Training. Normally, I go heavier than Cathe on this one but today I stayed near her weight selections because of this dang hamstring and yet still got a great workout. I want to keep working through it without making it worse because it gets worse when I do nothing, so...yippee!!

Okay, now to TRY to catch up!

Manleym, I think it was literally six weeks before I started noticing what I thought were changes. Oh, and I usually do wear grippy socks because the floor behind my support (the couch) is tile and it's painful not to wear socks. I don't typically enjoy wearing shoes for barre because I lose my articulation and control, or at least that's how I feel. I laughed so hard at your camera comments for Squeeze Stronger...totally agree! Full speed ahead for school...hope for a smooth ride for you!

Kim, are you on vacay yet? (not jealous, nope, okay, so yes, I am!)

ChelePA, I have a THING with trees. Well, and the ocean. I haven't yet had a chance to read that whole article but saved it for when I do. Thank you for sharing! I'm glad we all feel that way. SO glad nobody else got sick!

FN2, I'm horrible, I know, but I haven't had a chance to look through what I might want of Kelly's! I'm fairly certain for some odd reason I'd probably be interested in her older ones but she has. so. many!!! Now, wait, the blonde gal in the live...I only saw Nicole (also in the later DVDs) so I'm confused which Jenn it is. Do you have a pic you can post?

KateTT, what a job! You are amazing, and YES, isn't it crazy to think about doing that if you didn't work out like you do? Kudos to you!

Nathalie, staycation sounds GLORIOUS. You just read away and relax! I could use one...I have a big project to work on and need some time to do it, darn it all!

Bee, you sound just crazy busy but like you're fitting it all in. Hope that meeting/getting together was awesome!

Horusosiris, it's crazy hard getting rid of things kept for nostalgic reasons, isn't it? I used to be much better at it but nope, not anymore.

Waves and hugs to VVfer and FOLV and anyone else I might have missed (and my apologies)!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-22, 10:32 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Hey! Yes, Chele, the August Cathe rotation -- I definitely need a rotation to help motivate me. I love to workout, but.... I can get lost with the rest of 'em! And it sounds like cataddict will join in the fun.

kittybug, oh my, yes, those Pop Physique outfits are something else! I bought them back in the day, and think I might have even tried them once.

lavna, too bad about the bad translations, but lucky you for the ability to read either! I'm still making my way through War & Peace so I'm experiencing some of that bad translation problem myself! Oh, and cataddict answered the school starting question well -- it is all over the place! My son was going to go to one community college that started Aug 29. He decided to go to one in another county (we live on the county line) and it starts Sept. 26! And in California... no kidding, our schools have "ski week" in February. I think the schools got tired of people pulling their kids out to go skiing, so they adjusted the schedule around it. Young single California transplants have no idea they should not attempt to go skiing that week!

horusosiris, good to see you!!

Oh, this morning I did the first day of the Aug rotation: Ice Boot Camp. I looked at doing the Live version, but I needed the quickest workout I could get.
Old 08-09-22, 12:41 AM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Ok I had to look up that Pop Physique workout to look at the outfits. WHAT IN THE ACTUAL H3LL are they wearing????? And WHY?? 😳

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-22, 11:43 AM  
Mickey12

Hello Watulans!

Hope everyone is handling the heat. It sure has been hot were I live. As Chele mentioned, it's been really humid too. However, I'm embracing it because in TWO weeks I will be in Florida and the temperatures there have been in the mid nineties with very high humidity. So I'm treating it as conditioning for vacation.

Yesterday I did the last new-to-me Jessica Smith workout from her new set. It was Fusion Flow Sculpt from the Fusion Flow and Glow DVD. It was sort of meh, reps too slow, compound moves. I am a broken record on Jessica's strength workouts. I don't really love them but I keep buying them.

Today I did Lauren Brooks Ultimate Body Sculpt and Conditioning with Kettlebells, Volume 2. I bought a bunch of her DVDs in the Spring when she had 70% off. I did one other one so far. I modified some of the moves that I didn't think were good for my back like the turkish getups, but, all in all, I like these workouts. They're not crazy long and she alternates strength moves with cardio moves. The ones I chose are filmed outside with sun and I like that too. They're very different from other workouts I have.

Nothing new going on with me except thinking about, planning, packing, for vacation. Fun, fun, fun, fun.......

Tags
fierce watulans, watulan check-in