Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-02-15, 09:37 PM  
hdw
VF Supporter

Ripping BB DVDs for Travel

I'm having trouble ripping the newer BB DVDs. I would love to do this for travel... which means I do not have to bring the portable player and disks (especially great if I could just have carry-on luggage). I love to rip Piyo and 21 Day Fix...

I've used Freemake and Handbrake -- and those failed. Any suggestions? Thanks!
hdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-15, 11:21 PM  
adawn
VF Supporter

I remember having some initial difficulty with ripping an add on dvd for the Les Mills Pump series.

First, I always run DVDs through AnyDVD before ripping. This is just habit now and it may or may not have had an effect on my results.

Then, I think what I ended up doing was playing the disc on my laptop DVD player and noting the main title numbers that came up which corresponded to the workouts I wanted. I wanted just a regular play through of the normal workout and the same workout but with music louder selected. So there were two title numbers I wrote down. Then I used either DVDFab or Handbrake to rip and selected the magic title number I had written down. After ripping that title, I selected the other title number and did that one. (This DVD was the only one I've ever had where the title numbers were so numerous and confusing, so I assume it's a Beachbody thing).

As I mentioned though, running the DVDs through AnyDVD may have removed encryption first. And Beachbody may have done even further things to their discs since Les Mills Pump. It's usually possible to get around almost anything, but may not be worth it depending on the effort.

I would try at least just finding the main title you want by playing the DVD and seeing what title number comes up and then try ripping that exact title number.
adawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-15, 11:32 PM  
laurajhawk

If you travel a lot and do BB a lot, check out the thread on their new streaming service!

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-15, 05:30 PM  
hdw
VF Supporter

OK... thanks. I'll try that. I hate to subscribe to something I've already have, but maybe I have to...
hdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-15, 07:53 PM  
kelsey211
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdw View Post
I'm having trouble ripping the newer BB DVDs. I would love to do this for travel... which means I do not have to bring the portable player and disks (especially great if I could just have carry-on luggage). I love to rip Piyo and 21 Day Fix...

I've used Freemake and Handbrake -- and those failed. Any suggestions? Thanks!
I also use Slysoft AnyDVD to rip any BB DVD. Have never had a problem; I like that they regularly send out updates to their software. I use their Clone DVD in conjunction with the AnyDVD to make back up DVD files. From these back up files, I can easily make MP4 files using Handbrake.

Tags
dvd ripping, ripping dvds