Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-02-15, 06:52 PM  
momofcha

Tone it up

Has anyone done the "Tone it up" programs with any success? They both are super fit, but wondering about their DVDS.

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-15, 07:43 PM  
hotncmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by shammy902 View Post
Has anyone done the "Tone it up" programs with any success? They both are super fit, but wondering about their DVDS.
I have both sets. IMO they are on the easier side of moderate. I guess you can make some of the exercises harder by using heavier weights.

I pull them out from time to time because the scenery is so nice, but in general there's so many other workouts I like better, that I don't end up doing them very often.
hotncmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-15, 08:38 PM  
momofcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotncmom View Post
I have both sets. IMO they are on the easier side of moderate. I guess you can make some of the exercises harder by using heavier weights.

I pull them out from time to time because the scenery is so nice, but in general there's so many other workouts I like better, that I don't end up doing them very often.
That's what I thought. Thanks!

Old 03-03-15, 08:52 AM  
cherimac

Hi Sue. The only workouts I like from TIU is their HIIT. It uses body weight work and some impact, but a doable amount for me.
Old 03-03-15, 09:29 AM  
horusosiris

Sue - I have both sets of the Tone It Up series and I like them for "light" exercise days." I like the scenery and the beach scenes always make me long for Spring and Summer.
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-15, 10:21 AM  
momofcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by horusosiris View Post
Sue - I have both sets of the Tone It Up series and I like them for "light" exercise days." I like the scenery and the beach scenes always make me long for Spring and Summer.
The scenery is beautiful! I'm sure I would never end up doing them...

Old 03-03-15, 10:43 AM  
mle777

The first set I would consider beginner level (intermediate "light" if you up'd the weights) and the second set I would consider intermediate level. There are two discs in both sets. The first disc has full workouts. The second disc has add-on workouts. I use the second disc from each set much more frequently than the first disc.

I have tried doing a rotation with the two sets multiple times, but can't seem to last more than four or five days. Though I'm rotationally challenged, so it might be me and not the workouts.

3x Tough Mudder
mle777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-15, 06:33 PM  
rose2boys

Lovely as they are, I just cannot take them seriously as fitness experts. The bikinis, low cut skimpy outfits & constant posing, "frolicking in the waves", and general goofiness detract from me taking them seriously. I may be completely wrong and misinformed, but that is my opinion. Sorry Beach Babes (even the name ugh)...
I have really tried to give them a fair chance, I like some of their exercises, but in general, they just don't click with me.
The scenery is awesome though!
Old 03-03-15, 09:25 PM  
hotncmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by rose2boys View Post
Lovely as they are, I just cannot take them seriously as fitness experts. The bikinis, low cut skimpy outfits & constant posing, "frolicking in the waves", and general goofiness detract from me taking them seriously. I may be completely wrong and misinformed, but that is my opinion. Sorry Beach Babes (even the name ugh)...
I have really tried to give them a fair chance, I like some of their exercises, but in general, they just don't click with me.
The scenery is awesome though!
Sometimes their form is poor and their cuing is not so great, either.

That goofy, silly stuff is what helps make them so popular.

They're basically a couple of pretty women who work out, maybe they're actually certified, IDK? But in this day and time, credentials don't matter as much as appearance and personality. If K&K weren't beautiful women who wear bikinis to work out in, we wouldn't know who they are. I must say they have one heck of a social media marketing team.
hotncmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-15, 09:54 AM  
Carb8985

I don't have the DVDs, but I tried one of their YouTube challenges once and it was way too easy. Like I just wasted an hour of my life and would have been more productive if I'd cleaned my house instead. LOL. Shammy, I know you do Tonique and kettlebells, so I would imagine you'd find this easy as well.

I think both of the instructors do a lot more than the workouts they post, because they have terrific physiques.
Carb8985 is offline   Reply With Quote