Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 09-13-20, 08:39 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Here's my beach album:

http://forum.videofitness.com/album.php?albumid=300
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-20, 08:55 AM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat58 View Post
Those are gorgeous photos! Thank you!

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-20, 09:00 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

I swear there are many beautiful sunny days there. I'm just a heliophobe.
Old 09-13-20, 10:00 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Today’s workouts:
~20 min rebounding
~20 min gliding
~WOW: 30 min Movie Night walk....with all of the above, I cracked 10,000 steps, all indoors
~Yamuna’s stretch
~My own reclined yin stretches....forward bends, hip openers, deep shoulder stretches

We are still shut ins from the smoke. Our air quality on a 10 scale, with 10 being the worst, was a 10+ today. Hopefully the west coast will get some rain to clear the air & get the fires under control.

Sherry - I’m also a fan of circuit workouts, probably because I like variety. Your chili & baking sound yummy! I’ve definitely paced around and gone up and down stairs to get my steps in, lol.

Pat - Your photos are beautiful! I hope to visit your coast again some day.

Waves to Cyana & anyone else who stops by!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-20, 08:48 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Happy Moan Day! Whew I'm tired this morning. Fortunately my dingbat co-worker has the day off. I can dive into my work without her in the background.

Yesterday was another walking day. With DH's encouragement I got to 2.12 miles. My pace is a 26 minute mile, oh well! We stop or slow down to observe things pretty often, so that might be part of my slowness.

Happy that you like my photos!!!

Pam I'm impressed you nailed 10,000 steps indoors. The Movie Night walk sounds fun! Yuck a 10+ day sounds awful.

Good morning to Sherry, Cyana and anyone who visits.
Old 09-14-20, 10:11 AM  
sherry7899

Pat, you made me laugh with your remark about the dingbat co-worker! It's been an annoying morning, so I needed it. We sell on Amazon. I usually mail everything from USPS, but we had a very expensive item that we thought would be cheaper to send by UPS with signature confirmation instead of Priority with extra insurance and signature confirmation from USPS. The UPS store near us had changed their opening time to 10 am because of COVID, so I went to the post office first.

I had time to kill until I thought UPS opened, so I picked up a few things at Aldi, then went to UPS. Well, UPS changed their opening time back to 9 am, so I wasted a half hour for nothing. Then they told me due to COVID, they no longer offer signature confirmation! I had to go back to the post office and wait in line again. Sigh.....

This is my rest day, so I did Five Parks Gentle Yoga 45 minute practice. It was lovely.

Pam, that is commendable to hit 10,000 steps without going out. I am so sorry about the air quality there. I hope rain comes through and there is relief soon.

Hi to Margo, Kate and Jackie.

Sherry

Old 09-14-20, 07:27 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Today’s workouts:
~Pahla B’s Bounce & Tone - This is my first Pahla workout aside from the stability ball stretch I did a few weeks ago. It was okay, 25 min, all on the rebounder, a strength/cardio interval workout but not high intensity. But she talked CONSTANTLY, didn’t even stop to catch her breath. I like her but man she is more chatty than Leslie! I couldn’t do her workouts all the time.
~20 min gliding
~WOW: 20 min walk set in front of a field of sunflowers - the music was good & no talk was refreshing!
~ETV: Sasha’s Live Cardio Workout
~Yamuna’s stretch
~closing in on 8000 steps, don’t think I’ll make 10 today

We are still smoked in, but it’s raining as I write this so I hope it clears the air!

Pat - You have to stop to soak in the view and breath that sea air on your beach walks! So the dingbat is still there creating her chaos, ugh. I’m glad you’ve got a day’s reprieve.

Sherry - It can be frustrating when businesses arbitrarily change their hours.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-20, 08:00 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning! Couple quickies for me yesterday:

~ 12 minute Lucy Wyndham-Read HIIT workout
~ Felicia Tomasko Ayurvedic Detox: Pigeon Hip Series (Glo)

Surprised at how much the hip series helped my back. I will explore if Felicia has other Ayurvedic detox practices.

Would you believe we have haze in CT from the wildfires? Our meteorologists explained that a volume of ash and smoke has got caught up in the jet stream. What crazy times.

Sounds like a frustrating day Sherry. Your Five Parks practices always sound yummy, I'm going to bookmark that one.

Pam I hope the rain helps clean up your air quality. More chatty than Leslie??? I'll visit Five Parks long before Pahla, yikes. Truly my beach is the best therapy. It's not quite the ocean, but the area of a large river that empties into the Long Island Sound.

Have a good day - stay well.
Old 09-15-20, 08:58 AM  
sherry7899

Hi,

The frustrating day from yesterday continued last night ..my poor DH's left eye got incredibly red and swollen totally out of the blue. Of course it was after his doctor's office closed. I called our eye doctor at Pearle Vision, and they said they are only optometrists and he should see an opthamologist. They gave us the name of one they use, but when I called they said they don't take calls from new patients. I called my primary care which is part of the same health system as his, but they did not have any appointments. They are open until 8pm. I then called the answering service for my DH's doctor. They said to get sterile saline to flush it out. I ran to Walgreens for an eye wash kit. It didn't really help, so we went to an urgent care. They were really nice there, and said it was just a really bad allergic reaction. He was given steroids and benadryl, and it's much better this morning. Poor guy!

This morning I just got an email that my doctor's office is having major electrical work done outside and all appointments are moved to another location on a major highway in another town. I have major driving anxiety, and that freaked me out. I called the office to check on that, and they said that email was wrong. Why the heck did someone send that? The office is open, but the parking lot is closed, so everyone has to park down the road and take a shuttle there. Sigh.. what a freakin pain! I hope they are done by the day of my physical in October. My son is going there as a new patient later this month, so he will definitely have to deal with that.

This morning I did:

Body Project-half hour cardio-this was kind of boring to be honest. I love the instructor Daniel, though.

Yoga Upload morning stretch

I've done cleaning, cooking and laundry already this morning. I woke up at 5 am and could not fall back to sleep.

Pam, I previewed a few Pahla workouts, and I just can't take her talking. That combined with NO music would drive me crazy! She seems very sweet and knowledgeable, but I just cannot exercise with her.

Pat, I hope you can get back to the beach very soon. It sounds like the beach at the lake we drive about 45 minutes to in the summer. Well, not this summer. They were closed all summer.Wow, I can't believe you have haze from the west coast fires in CT!

Have a good day!
Sherry

Old 09-15-20, 09:09 AM  
sherry7899

Pat, I have not tried this yet, but this Five Parks relaxation practice looks lovely! I love the setting:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsL72WDNYI8