Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-27-20, 11:02 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Trudie Styler Pure Sculpt (Arms 1; Arms 2 & Core 1)
Rodney's Ultimate Power Yoga (Power Foundation Practice)

I really liked the flowy arm moves in the Arms 1 segment of Pure Sculpt. I used a set of 5 pound dumbbells and then about half way through I dropped down to 3 pound dumbbells. I didn't like Arms segment 2 as much only because I'm not fond of doing tricep and bicep moves while in a static bent over squat position.
The Core 1 segment was harder than I expected! I got a good core workout with that one. I already knew I wouldn't be able to do the Core 2 segment because I had previously written that it had a lot of full sit ups and boat poses, which my finicky tailbone can't tolerate.

I felt like doing Rodney's Power Foundation practice again today and enjoyed it.

Sandra, I had Tracie's Method Express and I got rid of it too because I felt "meh" about it.

Hi Cyana!

Beth, aww how great to see your picture on the Yoga 170 website--congratulations! That's a nice picture of you.
I like TA's arm work in her Mat DVD. The lower body is good too but I don't like her abs segment on that DVD.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-20, 11:26 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Paine, I generally don't like TA's abs at all, but I went ahead and did it just to remind myself. Thanks for the compliment on the photo! It's from that cool state park we went to earlier in the summer. I couldn't decide what photo to use, so I sent Ali three and let her decide.

There's another free video on Essentrics TV, this one for hips and hamstrings. I just did it and it's very gentle:
https://www.essentricstv.com/hamstri...TwE7gPuUsbtqBM

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-20, 12:28 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Beth, thanks for the Essentrics TV link!
That picture of you was in a gorgeous setting.
Old 09-27-20, 02:41 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Paine, yeah, the park was so beautiful, and we had an amazing day in June when we went!

I tried the Tamilee stretch video today; I actually did the whole thing and think that the chair part was my favorite. Just hearing Tamilee's southern accent brings back memories! I also did the routine that cyana/Sherry recommended. It was fun, but the music drowned out the instructors voices for me. I could barely hear them, but luckily it was still pretty easy to follow along.

Here was my week:

Monday
30MTF Build & Burn - Cardio Core, Cardio/no strength premix; KB/KB Fusion, Kicboxing only premix
Yoga for Stress Reduction - Cool-Down

Tuesday
30MTF Build & Burn - DB + Body Weight, Back, Biceps, & Lower premix
Kathryn Bruni-Young (YT) - Yoga Strength Push-Pull

Wednesday
Outdoor yoga class with Molly

Thursday
TA Mat Workout - standing legs, abs, arms

Friday
Annie Taylor Efremsky (YT) - Bye Bye Muffin Top; Standing Abs 9m; 4 Million Viewers Arm Workout
TA Mat - floor legs, abs

Saturday
Barre3 Bedford (YT) - 30m #1
Yogea (YT) - Yoga for Good Posture, Taller Stand

Sunday
Body Project (YT) - Fun 15m Low Impact
EssentricsTV (free) - Hip & Hamstring Stretch with Gail
Tamilee Webb (YT) - Total Body Stretch for Beginners

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 09-27-20, 03:02 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Beth, if I could sit comfortably I think I would have liked Tamilee's chair segment a lot. I had to do a lot of modifications like sitting in hero or trying the stretch partially standing.
There is one more stretch practice from that same DVD of Tamilee's. There is some balance work in it and I got a good hamstring stretch from it. You can try the entire practice on YouTube here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOKt...nnel=SuperSumi
You had a nice workout week!
Last night we saw a good movie called Enola Holmes. Enola is the sister of Sherlock Holmes. It had mystery, some romance and was entertaining.
Old 09-27-20, 07:41 PM  
JustSandra

Hi!

Today's Workout: Jennifer Gianni's Fusion Pilates. This is a two-parter, with a standing semi-cardio segment done with an unweighted ball, followed by a fairly traditional series of Pilates floor exercises. I did all of the first segment but got bored in the middle of the floor work and bailed. When I first got this DVD I liked it well enough to write a VF review, but have rarely pulled it out since then. At this point I know I wouldn't notice if it disappeared from my life, so it has been excused from my collection.

Beth: I've occasionally done a DVD to remind myself why I don't like it, too. That's a nice teacher bio and picture!

Hope everyone had a nice weekend.

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-20, 11:06 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Hi everyone!

Posting my week:

Monday:
~7.5 km neighbourhood/trail walk with a friend
~Headstand & Yamuna’s stretch
~Deep hip stretches - dragon, sleeping dragon, & tried a kneeling variation on figure 4 with my calf on a stool. I used a padded storage cube that doubles as a seat. It’s a bit lower than a standard chair.
~steps: 15,539

Tuesday:
~Essentrics class
~Barlates KB Barre HIIT
~WOW: Disco walk
~20 min rebounding
~Beth’s Afternoon Yoga
~Headstand, kneeling pigeon, Yamuna’s stretch
~steps: 11,342

Wed:
~Neighbourhood walk
~20 min rebounding
~Hip & leg stretches, Yamuna’s stretch, headstand
~steps: 10,649

Thurs:
~Taught Essentrics
~Trudie Styler Pure Sculpt: arm w/o 2....inspired by Paine, some interesting & unusual arm work!
~Cardio: 20 min rebounding, 20 min on my Maxi Glider, WOW 20 min Madonna walk
~MFML: Slow it Down Hatha
~steps: 11,810

Friday:
~SanFran Fitness 24 min Bounce & Power Weight w/o (YT)
~Neighbourhood walk with DH & our houseguest, DS2 & DIL’s dog, he’s with us for the weekend. Nothing like a little canine love!
~Headstand, Yamuna’s stretch, & my own yin practice with a forward bend & hip opening focus
~steps: 11,785

Saturday:
~Essentrics class on a private FB page with a Montana instructor who’s doing a virtual retreat next weekend. It was very nice!
~WOW: 33 min Bon Jovi walk
~Neighborhood dog walk
~Headstand, upper back acupressure & time in my neck hammock, reclined & seated yin with a hip opening & forward bend focus
~steps:11,491

Sunday:
~Alexa’s live workout on ETV - This was very nice, I took notes!
~KB Full Body Shred (YT) - 20 min, very good, I did modify the pushups as my wrists protest
~Cardio: 20 min rebounding, 20 min on Maxi Glider, short dog walk
~steps: 10,585

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-20, 07:33 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Pam, you had a very full week! And diverse, too--I like that you are able to get in a mix of workouts, walks, and other health/fitness activities.

Sandra, doing TA's abs was sort of like taking medicine to see if it would help! I do like how she puts some interesting twists on the abs moves. In truth though I hardly ever do any kind of reclined abs anymore.

Happy Monday!

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 09-28-20, 10:09 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

YouTube: Everyday Yoga for Lower Body Flexibility: YogaVibes Mobility Week 2 (Whole Life Challenge), 20 minutes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXPr...eLifeChallenge

Today is a very low energy day so I just did an all floorwork YouTube practice, which was relaxing. It had a lot of nice twists. I think Beth might have told us about this one a year or so ago.

I have some DOMS from Trudie's Core 1 segment I did yesterday.
Old 09-28-20, 03:55 PM  
Anny

We’ve been away for the weekend to Berrima, a little town just over a one and a half hour drive from us. So nice to get away!

Here’s some info on Berrima if you’re interested.

I'll catch up on everyone’s news today but just popped in to post workouts.

While away for the two days, I did body weight exercises using 5BX and Mark Lauren ideas. Back home yesterday for YWA Wind Down yoga.

Tags
yoga headstand bench