Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 07-25-21, 09:10 AM  
JBliff

Total Max Mixers - Week of July 25

Hi everyone. My workout yesterday was LITE Metabolic Blast + extended stretch. I used 3-8 lb weights and it felt good to at least do something with weights even if they are not heavy.

Karjoy - Glad you are feeling better. I've been watching some of the Olympic action for stress relief and of course doing lots of reading.

Waves to all. Have a good Sunday.
JBliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-21, 06:25 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Thanks for starting us off as usual Jbliff. Glad you can at least use light to mediumish weights and it does not bother you. Progress!

I’m resting today. The trail races are tough because of the obstacles and unknowns and worry about tripping and falling and I just couldn’t manage doing much today. Plus exerting yourself in the heat. I
have done some heavy duty deep cleaning and going upstairs a fair amount.

I think with Covid and school starting we are going to have a rough few weeks to a few months, especially here in Florida. One good thing is that we have mild winters so people don’t have to be stuck indoors together till like November. I’m hoping that people will learn something from this second or third surge or whatever this is.

I signed up for the Cathe trip today.

Hope everyone had a good weekend.
karjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-21, 08:05 AM  
JBliff

My workout yesterday was 40 minutes on the elliptical + an episode of Essentrics.

Karjoy - How fun that you'll be going to the Cathe road trip. I hope we don't have another bad surge but I'm not too optimistic. Virginia has mostly been pretty good about vaccination (75% adults with at least one dose and 54% of all population 12 years old and over fully vaccinated); however, we are seeing a jump in number of cases lately, all from the un-vaccinated crowd.

Hi to everyone. Have a good day.
Old 07-26-21, 07:48 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Yeah, Jbliff at this point I’m just not counting on doing much of anything. Sigh….
Old 07-26-21, 08:19 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Jbliff and all, I won’t be surprised if other states start to have Floridians quarantine when we get there. That would of course ruin the Cathe trip if something like that happens. Fingers crossed.

I went to Burn Boot Camp tonight and we did Athletic Conditioning. This is cardio using just a few pieces of equipment. We worked with a partner and did med ball slams, battle ropes, squat jumps, sprints with band around the ankle and so on. This was actually a lot of fun and went by fast.

Waves to Cher, Gibbee, and Vannie.
Old 07-27-21, 09:54 AM  
JBliff

No workout for me yesterday as I had a doctor's appointment at the time I usually work out and I was too frustrated when I got back to do anything. The doctor's office always make me wait a full hour after my appointment time before I get to see the doctor, which is really annoying. I like the doctor but I think I'm going to look for another one.

Karjoy - Well, if we had a vaccination passport, responsible Floridians could travel. We can always dream...

We're in another heat wave now. We should hit 97 tomorrow. Ugh.

Hi to everyone. Have a good day.