Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-23-17, 04:51 PM  
TonyaC
VF Supporter

Question Switching from DVDs to digital format

Hi all,

I recently downsized my fitness area to a smaller room, and to save space, I decided to wall-mount my TV and add a Roku Streaming Stick. I gave away my ancient DVD player.

I have the Cathe STS Cardio set of downloads, which came free with the DVDs when I bought them. So I have something to experiment with to see what works. For now I'm using Plex to manage my (tiny) download collection.

I have quite a collection of DVDs, though, and I'm wondering what others who have switched over have done. About half (or more?) of my collection is Cathe. Did you sell your DVDs and purchase the downloads? Or did you rip the DVDs to make your own digital files? Is there an advantage to one or the other in terms of usability (premixes, etc.)? Which app did you use to rip them? How do you play them on your TV?

Please note, I do not have a laptop, so I can't just hook my computer up to my TV directly. I want to store everything on my desktop PC and stream it to my Roku. I'm not attached to Plex, if there's something better.

Thanks!
TonyaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-17, 06:08 PM  
Zenara25

Cathe downloads do not include premixes. So there's a huge advantage to ripping the DVD's for those premixes. I use Freemake Video Converter. And I do have Plex that would stream to my Roku, but for some reason it seems easier to just connect my laptop via HDMI to my TV... But I'm sure Plex to your Roku would work just fine once you figure out how to find the exact workout you want to play.
Zenara25 is offline   Reply With Quote