Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-13-17, 11:48 AM  
katmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by macska View Post
Just added to say that ChaLEAN Dynamic Yoga Flow is amazing. She is using hand weights, and that makes a dramatic difference.
There are a few practices on yogadownload.com that use hand weights. A few years ago Danielle Diamond came out with a DVD Xen Strength which is available in DVD format or download format from Danielle's site (the download is also available from yogadownload.com). I have it and have liked it when I have done it, but I seldom have the time to do the full 70 minute practice.

http://xenstrength.com/shop/
Old 03-13-17, 03:20 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by macska View Post
Just added to say that ChaLEAN Dynamic Yoga Flow is amazing. She is using hand weights, and that makes a dramatic difference.
Does Beachbody have clips anywhere? All I can find on YouTube are people recording themselves supposedly doing this workout and nothing on the BB site.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-17, 06:04 PM  
ncl

I have never done a yoga only rotation but had wanted to add more yoga but without cutting back on my regular a.m. workouts. Time became and issue and also fatigue. I recently found Yoga with Adrien thanks to our lovely ladies here. I am doing her 2015 30 days of yoga on youtube and it is perfect perfect for me after work. I sit at my job and want to have some movement after work, but am often too tired. This yoga is easier and stress relieving anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes. I love doing it and look forward to it and am bummed if I have a night where I don't have time. Great stress relief.
ncl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-17, 08:25 AM  
laurajhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni O View Post
Does Beachbody have clips anywhere? All I can find on YouTube are people recording themselves supposedly doing this workout and nothing on the BB site.
Beachbody's not into clips. The YouTubes are probably the best things you'll get, and infomercials of course.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-17, 09:25 AM  
Aunt Famous

I have added 10-20 minutes of yoga four mornings a week to my usual routine (typically Pilates and light weights/high rep workouts). I started yoga to help my flexibility and because hauling myself off the floor seemed to be a bit more of a challenge -- and that's all yoga is, right? My body feels a lot better, and much to my surprise, I actually look forward to the yoga part of my workout.

I do not know if there is an actual connection to this, or just wishful thinking, but since I have been practicing daily, I find it easier to institute other good habits. Like drinking water! Getting plenty of sleep! Eating more vegetables! Cutting way back on sugar! (Even if yoga's not the cause, I'll still take it.)

I rotate the 10 MS yoga disks, some short Rodney Yee practices (AM Yoga for Your Week, Daily Yoga), Mimi Solaire's Deep Stretch Yoga, and a Jessica Smith disk.

AF

Check out my blog at www.typeALC.com
Aunt Famous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-17, 09:42 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Famous View Post

I rotate the 10 MS yoga disks, ...

AF

10 MS yoga disks???

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-17, 01:40 PM  
Aunt Famous

10 Minute Solutions has a yoga and a beginning yoga disk. I recommend both.

AF

Aunt Famous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-17, 01:44 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Famous View Post
10 Minute Solutions has a yoga and a beginning yoga disk. I recommend both.

AF

Duh, got it! I was having a brain freeze. Multiple sclerosis was all I could think of.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-17, 02:15 PM  
donnamp

LOL, Carol!

Quick Fix also had one or two yoga workouts and if you do You Tube it Yoga w/ Adriene, Sarah Beth Yoga and Five Parks Yoga also have some good practices.

When I do yoga regularly I do find that I'm more patient, less stressed, more balanced (emotionally) and just generally better. I do fall off the yoga wagon sometimes, but I always come back to it.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-17, 04:29 PM  
eam531
VF Supporter

Today I did Yoga for Strength by Vytas Baskauskas. It's terrific. It's 40 minutes long, and challenging. Lots of core exercises, plank variations, spine exercises, etc., but it is not solely a core workout. There is a 20 minute core class which I'll do another time. I had this and had never done it. It's great. Vytas has a nice voice, a very straightforward demeanor, and his cuing is very good. I'll definitely do it on a weekly basis. This, plus the other yoga I'm doing (UY, Total Yoga, and others) should enable me to work up to Vytas's Deepen Your Practice series at some point.

There is no way of telling people they are all walking around shining like the sun--Thomas Merton

People have done all kinds of remarkable things because they thought they could. People routinely fail to do quite ordinary things because they assume they can't--Reinhard Engels

Stay gold, Ponyboy--S.E. Hinton

Pick up your crazy heart and give it one more try--Ryan Bingham

Disclosure: I have a personal relationship with a fitness instructor who has appeared in some videos.
eam531 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bikram yoga, chair yoga, deepen your practice, udaya, wrist free yoga, wrist friendly yoga, yoga only