Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-10-17, 11:17 AM  
antbuko

I have discovered that high end makeup is better for me. I only use Dior eye shadows. They are pricey, but they last a very long time and my daughter bought me 3 palettes for Christmas 2015. I also recently tried their lipstick. A favorite shade of mine in another brand was discontinued so I picked up a Dior last winter, tried it but it wasn't quite right, tried it again this week and voile! What is striking about it is that it does not dry my lips out. Usually in the winter I have to exfoliate them daily, but so far I have not had to do so since I started using this lip color. I need new mascara(s) now so I am thinking about trying Dior Show

I also rediscovered Bare Minerals this year. I've been wearing the foundation plus mineral veil and can't be without it. I like their makeup brushes too. For blush, I'm sticking with Laura Geller Blush n' Brighten. I also use her Balance n' Brighten as a concealer.

For skincare, I tend to break out if I am not careful so I continue to use the Acne.org regimen

Also, I have accumulated a lot of samples so I am using those. I have a sample of Trish McEvoy's eye serum that I really like a lot but the price is a little too steep for me - $125! Lol. I have a bunch of DHC skincare samples of assorted skin care products and I like them all. Can never go wrong with DHC Skincare!
Old 01-10-17, 11:49 AM  
Carol K

I use MAC eyeshadow. Everything else I get at the drugstore, except for foundation and mascara, which I get from Paula's Choice, although maybe not much longer (since products like Brightening Essense have become more important than makeup at Paula's).
Old 01-10-17, 12:19 PM  
BunnyHop

Oh, you know, I did learn some things in recent years, and I honestly can't recall if any of it happened in 2016 or not.

Mostly, my eyes seem to now be sensitive to some eye shadows. Some shade of purple/red, I think. Mostly it meant that I ditched a good bit of eye shadow, and have stuck with just a few matte shades by Urban Decay. Subtle, but they make me look well rested, and I'll take it. My eyes don't seem to like being lined any more, used to love using funky eye shadow shades to line my eyes. (MAC made a wonderful dark green, Mildew? Something like that. So gorgeous.)

I'm getting older, and though I don't think I look old, I've gotten to the point that I look tired, even when I'm not. Makeup helps, but only if it's well applied.
Old 01-10-17, 12:30 PM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

I have never posted in the beauty thread! Ha ha. I am wondering if anyone has tried the Boom line? What do you think of it?

Yeah, I'm getting older. I'll be 50 this summer.

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-17, 03:37 PM  
donnamp

Jackie, I will be the big 5-0 this year, too! Happy Birthday to us!

I haven't used the Boom Line - but I think another VFer does....can't recall, hopefully she'll chime in. I want to say it is Lannette.....

I was also wondering if anyone has used Skin Fix? I ran across it today and like that it is mostly natural -

http://shop-us.skinfixinc.com/collec...lthy-skin-face

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-17, 04:08 PM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

Yay Donna! My birthday is June 20. I am not sure what I will do. I did hint to dh that he should take me to the Montreal Essenrics Studio.

I am very tempted by the Boom line....I might order the trio. I hope someone chimes in that uses it.

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-17, 04:11 PM  
donnamp

Mine is Nov 2nd! I have to think about something special to do - I'll probably pick something Halloween related!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-17, 08:59 PM  
killoffsonny

Quote:
Originally Posted by
[B
killoffsonny[/B] and rheash92 - I use Mad Hippie face cream daily and I love it. I mix it with either the antioxidant oil or the vitamin C drops. I have been using those three products and the face wash for awhile and I think they have made a positive change in my skin. Prior to switching to Mad Hippie I was a loyal Paula's Choice user for many years. I am 49 and had frequent breakouts and enlarged pores while using PC products.I think the PC stuff was overstimulating my skin. After several months with Mad Hippie and Everyday Minerals foundation my skin looks much better and I have way less breakouts. The next thing on my list to try is their SPF cream. None of my local health food stores carry it so I think I'll just get it from Amazon.
I'm 62 and have been using PC retinol serums for the past three years. For some reason this winter my skin is telling me "NOT GOOD". Keeping Mad Hippie in mind. Thanks!
Old 01-10-17, 09:06 PM  
rheash92

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaL View Post
Sure! I use the Mad Hippie brand.
Antioxidant Facial Oil
Vitamin C Serum
Thank you! What is the best place to purchase their products? Thanks!
rheash92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-17, 09:36 PM  
LindaL
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamp View Post
LindaL - which PC products were you using? I'm curious b/c it sounds like we have similar skin types.

Do you find the Mad Hippie cleanser to be effective?

Donna
I was using the BHA liquid mostly, either from the Clear line or the one in the white bottle. Every once in awhile, I'd switch to the AHA from the Resist line for a week or so.

I actually bought my Mad Hippie products at my local Publix Greenwise grocery store because one of my students have me a Publix gift card. I know they're available at Whole Foods and on Amazon, and they have package deals on their website.

Disclosure: I was a Beachbody success story and part of a P90X infomercial.
LindaL is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
beauty thread, beauty tips, dr dray, hotandflashy, makeupalley, paulas choice