Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-27-13, 10:46 PM  
yahoo205

Tracy Anderson Glutecentric Hipcentric Omnicentric Abcentric Metamorphosis Continuity

Found these body type questions and answers at qvc and this was a lot more helpful than the body type calculator and countless threads I read.

Determining Your Body Type:

Q:I gain weight easily in my lower back (love handles) and abs. Would I be Abcentric or Omnicentric?
A: Abcentric.

Q: I gain weight in my upper body and arms mainly. Which body type am I?
A: Omnicentric.

Q: My hips and butt are normal in proportion, but I have huge thighs. Am I Hipcentric?
A: Only if the thighs push out on the sides (more outer thigh area) — then yes, Hipcentric. If you have large thighs with a flat, square-shaped butt that sits inside the outline of the thighs, then you are Glutecentric. If you have large thighs and a large round butt, you are Omnicentric.

Q: If I gain weight in my abs and my hips, but not in my butt or anywhere else. Am I Omnicentric?
A: You are Abcentric, especially if you've never had a flat stomach.

Q: I have a saggy butt and big hips. Am I Omnicentric or should I focus on my butt and order Glutecentric?
A: Glutecentric.

Q: I gain weight in my lower abs but am slim in my upper abs and hips. Should I still order Abcentric?
A: Take another look at the butt and thighs. If they're in good proportion, then do Omnicentric.

Q: I have a pooch and want to flatten my belly, but I want to work on my outer thighs, inner thighs, and butt. Which -centric?
A: Go with the biggest problem area, the area that's the hardest for you to change and never looks the way you want, no matter how hard you work. All the body types will work all areas of the body no matter what the focus. Example: Abcentric will still lift the butt though the focus is on abs.

Q: I'm smaller on top than the bottom, but chose Abcentric because I wanted to tighten up my midsection after having three kids. I'm not an apple, more of a pear. Now I think I should switch to Hipcentric or Glutecentric. My butt is the area that needs the most tightening, but I don't understand what glute is — it's not saggy, but I want a better butt.
A: Hipcentric, since pulling in the outer thigh of a pear shape will help lift the butt. The DVD set is designed to target all areas, regardless of body type.

Q: I think I'm pretty evenly proportioned and gain weight pretty evenly, so I ordered Omnicentric. However, on closer inspection, I realize that my thighs are in way worse shape than I originally thought (more inner thigh than saddlebag and a lot more cellulite than I remember a year ago). I also have a pooch and love handle/back fat issue. Should I stick with Omnicentric, or is it worth it to exchange it for Hipcentric? Or get both and do one after the other?
A: Either stick to Omnicentric or move to Abcentric.

Since I have large thighs and a large, pretty round butt it seems like I'm actually omnicentric. Though the calculator told me I'm Glutecentric.

"Q: My hips and butt are normal in proportion, but I have huge thighs. Am I Hipcentric?

A: Only if the thighs push out on the sides (more outer thigh area) — then yes, Hipcentric. If you have large thighs with a flat, square-shaped butt that sits inside the outline of the thighs, then you are Glutecentric. If you have large thighs and a large round butt, you are Omnicentric."
yahoo205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-13, 02:24 AM  
ElisaB

Quote:
Originally Posted by yahoo205 View Post
Q: My hips and butt are normal in proportion, but I have huge thighs. Am I Hipcentric?
A: Only if the thighs push out on the sides (more outer thigh area) — then yes, Hipcentric. If you have large thighs with a flat, square-shaped butt that sits inside the outline of the thighs, then you are Glutecentric. If you have large thighs and a large round butt, you are Omnicentric.

Based on this it looks as if I may have the wrong centric. I have big thighs and I am heavily overweight, but I don't have saddlebags – my giant butt is perfectly in line with my giant thighs

But other than that, I have no idea. My butt doesn't seem flat and square to me, but it isn't a "bubble butt", either.

“You don't have to be perfect to be AMAZING
ElisaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-13, 07:43 AM  
altinker

This helps. I'm going to get Abcentric one of these days. The love handles and lower abs are an area that are never gone on me. There is always a little bit there. I think barre does a really good job for seat and thighs.
altinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-13, 10:14 AM  
yahoo205

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElisaB View Post

Based on this it looks as if I may have the wrong centric. I have big thighs and I am heavily overweight, but I don't have saddlebags – my giant butt is perfectly in line with my giant thighs

But other than that, I have no idea. My butt doesn't seem flat and square to me, but it isn't a "bubble butt", either.
Elisa, are you using hipcentric or glutecentric? have you gotten good results? I think I'm going to get omnicentric. but am tempted to get glutecentric because i want to kget my butt very round and high.
yahoo205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-13, 11:27 AM  
Maybelle

Thanks for posting this – super helpful! I just received Abcentric yesterday (haven’t opened it yet.) After a long debate (and lots of VF research) about Omni and Ab I went with Ab. I’m most wanting to target core, shoulders and arms (love planks) and this is making me question my decision. Does anyone have experience with both Ab and Omni Metas to offer advice? Thank you!
Maybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-13, 11:36 AM  
cpcathy

So how large does my butt have to be to be considered "large?"
Actually, I really like my butt, I have Hipcentric and I am slowly, surely getting results with it.

Nobody Said It was Easy.... --The Scientist
cpcathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-13, 11:38 AM  
F1mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by yahoo205 View Post

I guess the bolded area is help for all of us Sponge Bob Butts around here.

Thanks for this, yahoo205. I'm currently staring at (not doing) Omnicentric so when I finish I guess I'll try Glutecentric.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpcathy

So how large does my butt have to be to be considered "large?"
Anything over a Size 8?
F1mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-13, 11:52 AM  
leslie w
VF Supporter

Thanks for the post yahoo! From reading this Q&A I should have gotten Glutecentric. I have Ab and Hip, and Ab Continuity. Oh well, I'm not spending money on another Meta. Besides, I thought I read in one of the old threads that Hip and Glute are similar. I'm not doing TA exclusively anyway, so hopefully if she doesn't hit my glutes in all the right places the other stuff I do will!
leslie w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-13, 01:35 PM  
Debbie S.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by leslie w View Post
Thanks for the post yahoo! From reading this Q&A I should have gotten Glutecentric. I have Ab and Hip, and Ab Continuity. Oh well, I'm not spending money on another Meta. Besides, I thought I read in one of the old threads that Hip and Glute are similar. I'm not doing TA exclusively anyway, so hopefully is she doesn't hit my glutes in all the right places the other stuff I do will!
yahoo, thank you!

Leslie, hip and glute are not similar at all. Since you have abs continuity, you'll be fine. Abs continuity works the butt really well.
Don't Compare Yourself to somebody else. BE YOUR BEST! Chalene Johnson

A Spark of Hope

In memory of:
Michael Sparkman
October 11th, 2001-October 21st, 2008
Hope Fimiani
August 26th, 2006-October 13th, 2008
Debbie S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-13, 02:51 PM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

Thanks yahoo.