Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-17-12, 09:54 AM  
paideiamom
VF Supporter

"Active Wear" designers/producers, we have your New Year's Resolutions.

We have your back, designers/manufacturers.
Just do as we say and your profits will be immense and your karma nothing but good.

If there is more than one X and the letter that follows the Xs is an L, just say no to spaghetti straps.

If there are two letters in the size of the bra, do not pad it with foam thick enough to put on your kitchen chairs. Yeah, we know it is to keep the "headlights" issue under control, but frankly, if you are generously blessed, you usually wear a shirt over the bra anyway. And if it is in a standard bra design, don't worry at all about the shields. If we aren't worried about "headlights," you shouldn't be.

Just because we may be XLarge, it doesn't necessarily mean we are XLong. Save some of that material on the bottom of the pant and let us not have to deal with it (and no, the length in the leg doesn't magically shift to the tummy area if needed). No way to hem or cut Lycra or Spandex without issues. Treat the "active wear" like jeans, different sizes, lengths and styles need to be made to flatter every body.

XL doesn't mean extra dowdy. It means we have boobs and/or booties and we like to be comfortable as well as stylish when we work out.

As a side note, racer back is not the only style for a sports bra. For a lot of women, that just causes back and shoulder pain. Please make other styles as prevalent as the racer back.

And if I have to buy two of your bras to get the support I need, I won't be buying any of your bras.

Anybody else have suggestions for the active wear community?

"Moderation is remembered only after the deed is done." Mirabelle Watkinson, fabulous writer in residence.

"I am patient with stupidity but not those who are proud of it." Edith Sitwell

Words matter.

I thought I had seen it all. Then I tried on my bathing suit. (Unknown sage at craft show)
paideiamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-12, 03:59 PM  
desie

Yes! I do! Does any designer remember the word "pretty?" Gathers on curves, ruffles, applique designs, embroidery, soft swirly colours mixed together, cute patches? Workout clothes are so dull!
desie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-12, 04:19 PM  
sunday

Offer designs in Tall, and not just pants!!! I can't order Lulu Lemon or Hard Tail because everything is so SHORT ... and I'm only 5-8. Thankfully Old Navy and The Gap have some nice Tall workouts clothes.
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-12, 04:32 PM  
KayB
VF Supporter

In a word Gussets in the crotch. Makes for a better fitting pant & a less flowery image, if ya know what I mean.

Mid rise. The menopot only hangs over those low rise things.

Why are all the tops so long? I don't want to do yoga in every athletic top I own. Long tops on round figures only accentuate the roundness aka buldges. How about a top that stops a few inches over the mid rise pants you're going to make for me?

I'm on a roll. While you're making me those nice tops, how about making a short sleeve that's a bit longer than what appears to be the trend now. How about a 3-4" sleeve length measured from the armpit. The sleeves are so short these days they're like little capped sleeves. When I hike I need some protection from my backpack straps even though I want to wear short sleeves.

That's it for now. I might be back.
KayB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-12, 04:58 PM  
MKEMom

Put those little thumb-holes in the sleeves of every hoodie ever made. I love those things

I prefer an underwire workout bra. Why are they so ridiculously expensive and so hideously ugly? Just because I need a little extra support doesn't mean I only want to wear a beige bra. I've noticed a few in brighter colors recently, but they're still not as cute as the compression ones.
MKEMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-12, 06:32 PM  
RedPanda

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayB View Post
Why are all the tops so long? I don't want to do yoga in every athletic top I own. Long tops on round figures only accentuate the roundness aka buldges. How about a top that stops a few inches over the mid rise pants you're going to make for me?
Yeah - all my yoga tops, and even my newer workout T-shirts, nearly come to the top of my thighs.

Also - if tops have curved designs on them which seem expressly designed to make my hips and belly look even rounder, I'm not interested.

As well, I'd like lightweight, dry-fit tops for hiking with long sleeves and high collars for maximum sun protection. I'm currently wearing Spyder base-layer ski tops which almost fit the bill, except that the fabric is too heavy.

I also have an issue with my pants falling down, but that could just be me.
Old 12-17-12, 06:40 PM  
patriots

Ahhh Haaa Haaa I hate those little thumb holes! I am a PE teacher ( indoors most days and not a runner ) and they put them in everything!! I'd go for longer pants... I wear capris all year to school cuz I have a h@ll of a time finding sweats long enough! And most yoga pants/sweats/tights are toooo tight. Can you say lumpy!
patriots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-12, 07:40 PM  
cherimac

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday View Post
Offer designs in Tall, and not just pants!!! I can't order Lulu Lemon or Hard Tail because everything is so SHORT ... and I'm only 5-8. Thankfully Old Navy and The Gap have some nice Tall workouts clothes.
I have the opposite problem, I'm 5'2" and my favorite pants are often too long. There are some in short but not as many.
Old 12-17-12, 07:43 PM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

I'm with Cheri. Carry petite sizes...and read that petite doesn't just mean length of the legs. It also means length of rise.

It would be nice if they carried petite shirts, too. Shorter arms and overall length of the shirts (back to the shirts down to my thighs problems).

Jackie
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-12, 07:55 PM  
ellaenchanted

Make more "regular" back tanks. I like racerbacks but my favorite workout bras have a ladder back (traditional straight straps) design.

I love tanks with built in bras but please make them wearable for high impact sports for women with C cups or larger.

I would like to see more bottoms in plum, deep blue teal, deep green, burgundy etc. We all like black and grey but it is fun to mix it up.
ellaenchanted is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
active wear, comfort, resolutions