Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-06-10, 12:58 PM  
Denise B
VF Supporter

I love Mary Kay in the mile she leads in 3 Mile Weight Loss. I also enjoy watching her in Walk & Kick, she puts so much energy into the moves!

I also like red-headed Carol. She seems like she has a fun personality.

Even though the conversations in WATP were forced, I didn't mind the cast members at all! In fact, I actually liked Beth. I thought it was cute when Leslie made a reference to looking like a shortstop and Beth responded, "Who are you calling short?" Debbie appears in a Prevention walking tape led by Michelle Dozois.

I also like the Leslie's daughter and niece. IIRC, they appear together in one of bat cave workouts.

I thought that the crew in 3 Mile Weight Loss was inspirational. I didn't realize Vance was a preacher. The woman on the right reminds me of Kyra Sedgwick.
Denise B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-10, 01:06 PM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by suebella View Post
Yeah, the patter in the WATP DVDs was forced - Leslie was acting like she knew those folks and it was obvious that they knew each other a few weeks, at best. I'm laughing at Renda's description of Adrienne as confused. She did look like she expected to be hoisting a barbell at any moment.
I agree with this...I just sold my 3 mile Super Fat Burning DVD because it grated on my nerves after a while. The 1 and 2 miles aren't as bad (for me anyway), maybe because
they are shorter. Out of that group, I liked Randy and Tara the best.
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-10, 01:21 PM  
Janga

I really like all the Leslie walkers as I just like Leslie vids, period, but Mary Kay tops my list, too. I especially like her in one of the oldest ones I used to have filmed in Leslie's real living room (not 3-Mile Weight Loss) where the production values were really amateur and Leslie says something about having to get back to ironing.

I don't mind Leslie's forced banter with paid actors, though, it doesn't matter to me.

"Who puts the food in my mouth? God? The devil? I do!" ~ Jack LaLanne

"If you're going through hell, keep going." ~ Winston Churchill
Janga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-10, 02:47 PM  
paideiamom
VF Supporter

The WATP were my first DVD workout experience, so certainly my first Leslies.
I actually kept looking for the WATP crew in all the newer workouts for a while.

Wait, where's Tara/Jody/Beth/Adrienne (couldn't remember her name then,either)/Randy/Deb.

Then I got some old ones from Ross that had the grannies (pre-granny days) and a couple of other recognizable faces and realized, oh, this must be her "crew."

The banter on WATP didn't bother me, either. It was just Adrienne, while looking happy to be there, was like the Sesame Street song, One of these things is not like the others.
But I did like the game way she said the weighted balls were perfect for sculpting.

"Moderation is remembered only after the deed is done." Mirabelle Watkinson, fabulous writer in residence.

"I am patient with stupidity but not those who are proud of it." Edith Sitwell

Words matter.

I thought I had seen it all. Then I tried on my bathing suit. (Unknown sage at craft show)
paideiamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-10, 02:56 PM  
Sophia

I always laugh when Adrienne says those little 2 pound balls are the perfect weight for sculpting. Yea, those arms are the result of 2 pound weights! I also believe her abs came from these walking workouts.

The other one that always gets me is when that brunette girl with the pony tail says that the weighted balls are so easy to hold. Maybe it's just me, but I find it much easier to hold a dumbbell and let my hand fall to its natural position than to keep my palm turned up while gripping a round object.
Sophia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-10, 04:15 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Adrienne the Buff is in the workouts that came with the (now defunct) Body Burner rebounder.

Cynthia
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-10, 04:35 PM  
suebella
VF Supporter

I still have (and use!) the WATP series, so it doesn't really bother me. I just notice the difference between the scripted talking and the more natural chatter of some of the other series.

I like Carol, too. I'm glad someone brought her up. She seems both sweet and irreverent, one of my favorite personality combinations.

LOL on "Adrienne the Buff".

How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours.”
- Author Unknown, but definitely not me.
suebella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-10, 07:26 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Oh wait a minute -- I just remembered my favorite walker (or one of them), WENDY! Good ol' Wendy who whoos sometimes and is "just as spunky as ever!" (I always think, what the heck is THAT supposed to mean? )

I remember one workout where Leslie is trying to say which walker is the buffest and I can't remember who she picks but Wendy looks a little disappointed, and then Leslie remembers her and says "Wendy!" Wendy looks so pleased right then (and she was the buffest after all).
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-10, 08:13 PM  
ssgilby

I've always been partial to Carol. She does actually tear up in one w/o when Leslie mentions how much weight she has lost. Leslie also mentions in one w/o that Carol likes busting a move. Not that she uses those terms, but she puts some mambos in or something and mentions that Carol likes them. I have a feeling Carol would appreciate more intricate choreography.

I too find Beth completely annoying, and often wondered if Adrienne really got that buff from walking with Leslie. LOL!
Old 06-06-10, 09:07 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Yes, Wendy in the Express series. She had abs as buff as Adrienne's.

Cynthia
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
background exercisers, bat cave, mary kay bruening, randy