Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-24-09, 09:04 PM  
CarlaVeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by gardengirl View Post
i'm guessing that's a "play on words"?!!?? Lol! :d

i lose and gain the same 5 lbs over and over, so i bet i've lost 20 lbs this year. But then i guess i've also gained 20 lbs! but when i was losing those 5 lbs, i'd say it was intervals like jillian, results, and bbc.
ditto to this 100% LOL!!!

Carla
CarlaVeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-09, 10:14 PM  
azelizabeth

I reallly can't say that one style did it for me. Rather... I got a large amount of weight off by moving every single day. If I had the dread factor...then it was walking, if I was tired in the morning...it was Leslie, I just kept adding to the mix and doing whatever I could stand that day to just count it as movement. I was all over the map, 30 minutes of swimming, walking, Jari Love, turbo jam, treadmill, running. The key was that I did no less than 30 minutes of activity per day and 4 times per week focused to get in 60 minutes. For me when I move... I tend to make better food choices and trust me... food choices really are the key to loss.

Elizabeth
azelizabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-09, 10:36 PM  
muddjeansgal

I've lost 12 pounds since March using Cathe's Pyramids each once a week (and maybe a total body weight workout once a week but was not consistant due to the soreness of the Pyramids) and walking 30-60 minutes
3-4 days a week. Thats about a 1/2 pound to pound a week so I'll take it.
muddjeansgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-09, 10:42 PM  
Jeanette S

Leslie Sansone seems to work for me especially once I changed my diet to a healthier one.

I've lost about 15lbs give or take a few (I try to stay off the scale) and 12 inches using mainly Leslie (about 85% of the time) Since the end of Jan.. Most of it in April and May when I changed my diet.

I exaggerate all the moves to really get my heat rate up and now wear a 5lb weighted belt.
Jeanette S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-09, 10:54 PM  
Janga

I have lost really very significant weight in my lifetime, although not really into talking about those specifics as that doesn't define me now and has not for a long time; workouts that helped me were the old VHS (at first and later DVDs) Leslie ones. I also continued my longtime habit (even when heavy) of walking, jogging and lifting weights, and doing some other vids besides Leslie as well.
Janga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-09, 12:59 AM  
videofit

I diet when I want to lose weight, so doing that combined with Margaret Richard workouts and daily walks outside last summer got me down to my Ideal Weight and Ideal Measurements for my vacation last year, for the first time in about five years. Because I've been careless with my eating since then, I'm not quite as Ideal any more!
Old 06-25-09, 01:26 AM  
CarlaShanti

My big weight loss occurred using the old Firm Body Sculpting Systems, but this was probably because that was the program that I started exercising with. Most likely anything would have worked, going from sedentary to regular exercise. That said, the are really good, especially BSS 2.
CarlaShanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-09, 07:25 AM  
behaha

I hadn't yet found this place, so I only had the one tape that really drew me back again and again (for more than a year) -- Tae Bo Basic, from the original set. Then I acquired some more Tae Bo's but never really did 'em, then the Firm Parts four-pack (Tough Tape 2 was particularly effective) and then I came here. Now there are too many to name.
behaha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-09, 07:38 AM  
kat999

I broke a plateau when I started Jillian's 30-Day Shred recently.

Years ago, I lost a lot of weight just walking on a treadmill at a gym. 30 minutes a day, but I did it every single day and amped up the intensity over time.

I had good results a while back, too, when I would do much lower intensity videos but do several of them back-to-back for a long workout session, sometimes up to 2 hours at a time. I was single then, though, so I had more time to do stuff like that.
Old 06-25-09, 09:02 AM  
ardnas

I lost 50 pounds following only Joyce Vedral's book The 12 Minute Total Body Workout. I figured no matter what I could squeeze in 12 minutes a day!
Workouts that have visibly slimmed me down within a month or two would be Slim Series and Winsor Pilates Bun & Thigh workout.

Tags
significant weight loss