Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-22-08, 01:29 AM  
Joanna
VF Supporter

Are you planning any fun rotations for the new year?

I want to work on staying consistent in the new year, so I have been planning some rotations to inspire me. Here's what I have so far:

1) All-Leslie Intervals

Leslie has a few interval workouts, both in strength-type ones (the two Walk Strongs) and cardio (Walk & Kick, Walk & Jog, Four Fast Miles). So I would alternate a strength day and a cardio day...

2) Quick Fix Ten Minute Solution

I am going to put my favourites from these workout onto my computer so I can mix and match them without having to change disks. Then I can make my own workouts, doing a strength/cardio/yoga every day.

3) Get Fit with Gilad

I have several of his workouts, including a three-dvd set of his tv shows. I plan to do one tv show a day, and then add on something else from his Express or Quick Fit if I want to/have time. IF I stick with this rotation for a couple weeks and enjoy it, then I may buy his new compilation series of his older tv show, but I want to make sure I am using the ones I have first.

4) Tony Horton Training

Mostly this is because I punked out on the TMT rotation after a week or two. I want to use these workouts again and maybe mix in some other Tony stuff. I always loved Plyo X and am not sure why I don't use it more...

5) Joyce Vedral

In the past, I had great results from Joyce so I want to try again. But the fun factor is not really there for me, so I don't use these as often as I should. I'm not sure I would stick with a Joyce rotation, but I am putting it on the to-do list anyway just in case.

So, does anyone else have some cool rotations planned?
Joanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-08, 01:51 AM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Joanna, you're right. Consistency is really the key. So far this is what I'm planning...

1. Barre/yoga + cardio rotation, at least 6 weeks
2. Hi rep training with Firms 1-3, Cindy Crawford, and Dove Rose, 4-6 weeks (?)

Based on the results I experience, I'll make the next decision. Who knows, if Chalean gets fabulous reviews I may buy and do that program next.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-08, 05:57 AM  
PhyllisG

I am planning on doing the STS rotation. My other plan is yoga and Leslie only. I really want to make an effort to do more yoga on a more consistent basis. I got a few new DVDs with that in mind..
PhyllisG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-08, 06:06 AM  
Kyra

I have about half the year planned out. I have a belt exam in January, so that is first priority. I'm running a spring marathon, so that is second. And I am running a 24 hour race in early summer... so that's that. I will probably fit in a few tris this summer, take a break, and then get serious about training for my RKCII.

Certified Bulletproof Athlete
Kyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-08, 06:54 AM  
yogini_michelle

my biggest goal is to stick to a plan. i tend to have the hardest time with sticking to something.

for at least the first month of 2009 i hope to alternate with gym based workouts, yoga and ellen barrett dvds (crunch and the studio workouts).
Old 12-22-08, 07:13 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

I've been following Bernadette Giorgi's challenge (sort of) this month. I've actually lost seven pounds since December 1, a miracle for me for December. So, I plan on continuing this through January with my normal "vidiot edits". I've done Leslie workouts instead of walking outside much of the time. And, when I'm tired of walking workouts, I've done complex cardio workouts. As always, cleaning up my eating has been the greater key to losing the weight, although the workouts (as always) have driven my motivation.

Then, in February, I want to get back to heavy strength work using NROL4W and some of my videos.

Beyond that is too far into the future for me to plan. I don't know if they would be considered "fun", but I guess they are if I'm enjoying them.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-08, 08:04 AM  
kathym
VF Supporter

I hope to follow some type of kettlebell/yoga rotation.
I really like Beth Chamberlin and Lauren Brooks. For Yoga I will use Shiva Rea.
Old 12-22-08, 08:53 AM  
pharma_gal

I am going to start with a fat loss program (from Lyle's book) for a couple of weeks till I can get down a few %'s of fat, then I will start STS with the hypertrophy phase. I am going to skip the endurance meso for now.

Once Im done with STS hypertrophy and strength, I may go back to the endurance meso or get Chalene at that point if the reviews/results are good.

R.
pharma_gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-08, 09:33 AM  
mj476

I will be continuing with my kettlebell/yoga rotation. I love that now I am doing yoga twice a week. I do kettlebells 3x a week and go dancing twice a week. I try and fit in intervals when I can.

Marcy
Old 12-22-08, 09:41 AM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

I'm on a 'barre' kick - I think, anyway. I haven't been consistent enough with anything to really know Let's say I've been on a 'buying barre workouts' kick and my goal is to get consistent with them starting in January.

I got Bernadette Giorgi's 2 Attitude Workouts, just ordered 2 Tracy Andersons, and have some pilates-style and fusion-style stuff - I've also never even tried my Firm Wave kit. Not sure I'll do that soon, but I'm intrigued by the ab workout anyway.

No matter what I do - I echo those who've said we need to be consistent!
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote