Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-14-13, 07:55 AM  
imhere2dance

Tae Bo for beginners?

I'm not really a fan of kickboxing, but I have tried a few Tae Bo workouts I enjoyed: Tae Bo Abs, Postnatal Power, Believer's Workout: The Power Within, Believer's Workout: The Strength Within, and Tae Bo Flex. What are some other beginner-friendly DVDs?
imhere2dance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-13, 08:11 AM  
furmomof6

I'm not sure how others feel, but I recently tried a few workouts from the Amped set that's currently on Youtube, and I found that they moved significantly slower than the more advanced Tae Bo's that I'm used to. You might want to check those out. I'm not sure that they would be considered "beginner" though.

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-13, 08:53 AM  
Fitstick

I have all of the newest ones and TaeBo SOS moves slower than some of his others. If you are interested, send me a PM, i would be happy to give you the dvd if you send me a sase.
Fitstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-13, 09:29 AM  
imhere2dance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitstick View Post
I have all of the newest ones and TaeBo SOS moves slower than some of his others. If you are interested, send me a PM, i would be happy to give you the dvd if you send me a sase.
Thank you for your kind offer, but the clips I watched on YouTube make me think it's way too fast. I'm happy with the few I have, although I wouldn't mind having a couple more just for variety.

I can't find any information about Tae Bo Funk, other than a couple of bad reviews on Amazon and a very short clip on YouTube. LOL. I'm still a little interested, though. Has anyone done that workout?
Old 05-14-13, 10:15 AM  
laurajhawk

I seem to recall Cardio Circuit 2 as being pleasantly slower than the norm for Tae Bo. Cardio Circuit 1 is more popular here, because it's short, but they're actually rather similar workouts with CC2 being slower and therefore longer than CC1.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-13, 12:25 PM  
Fitstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by imhere2dance View Post
I can't find any information about Tae Bo Funk, other than a couple of bad reviews on Amazon and a very short clip on YouTube. LOL. I'm still a little interested, though. Has anyone done that workout?
You are right - Tae Bo Funk is supposed to be more beginner level. I don't have that one because I usually am looking for at least intermediate. I think that Mary at Totalfitnessdvds carries it.

I previewed the SOS video on Collage and it does look more advanced than I remembered it! I'll have to take it out and try it again.
Fitstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-13, 08:01 AM  
Anny

I have Taebo Funk and Taebo Post Partum and they are both considerably slower. They were great for me when I was recovering from surgery.

Cardio Circuit 2 is also slower and I like the sections : 2 upper body, 2 lower body, 2 abs, 1 total body.
Old 05-17-13, 01:18 PM  
klutze01

Another vote for Cardio Circuit 2. It was one of my very first videos
Old 05-23-13, 10:01 AM  
imhere2dance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anny View Post
I have Taebo Funk and Taebo Post Partum and they are both considerably slower.
Is there floorwork in Tae Bo Funk?
Old 05-23-13, 05:42 PM  
Anny

Quote:
Originally Posted by imhere2dance View Post
Is there floorwork in Tae Bo Funk?
No, none. None either in Cardio Circuit 2, I can't remember re Taebo Postpartum!