Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-28-13, 01:07 PM  
rosepetals

Tracy Anderson Xbox fitness

I found a clip of T.A. on youtube doing Xbox fitness. I don't have an xbox, but would like to know more info. about it. Does anyone have this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYfh9G8apjc
rosepetals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-13, 01:10 PM  
mamaste

Xbox One doesn't come out until next month.
Old 09-28-13, 01:12 PM  
NotThatGirl

We have an Xbox 360 but this looks like it is for the new system coming out in November. I think it looks pretty neat but for me Tracy is the biggest selling point. I am really interested to see what other instructors and workouts would be included on there...time to do a little googling

Thanks for finding this!
NotThatGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-13, 01:16 PM  
carres1973

I would like to know what workout that is outside in a park-like setting. It looks like TA, but nothing I have ever seen before...

I am all about outdoor workouts!

Carrie
carres1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-13, 01:28 PM  
mamaste

I had to leave the room to type this.... We're getting an Xbone for my son as a gift. I'll give Xbox Fitness a try when it gets here, unless it's expensive. Haven't heard if it's free with good or whatever the pricing structure will be. Frankly, I just want to know more about games. I don't need a console to work out.
Old 09-28-13, 01:29 PM  
hotncmom

Looks like it's going to be TA, Jillian Michaels, Tony Horton and Shaun T exclusively. DH wants an Xbox One, but they cost $500, not including games, and aren't backwards compatible, so you can't play your existing Xbox games. I'm sure this fitness content is additional $. Looks pretty cool with the Kinect integration but I'll stick with DVD's and our existing Xbox system and games.
hotncmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-13, 01:35 PM  
NotThatGirl

I just checked on this, it will be free for gold members through December 2014.

Eta: I don't really feel like I need a console to workout either and unless they expanded the instructors a lot there isn't much to draw me in. On a side note, we are holding off on getting it right away. I read some game developers had to scale down the graphics on games because the new system wasn't powerful enough to really handle it. Also, all the game previews at E3 weren't even run on the system itself, they were run on computers that were supposed to approximate the experience. Maybe it will be great and maybe it won't live up to the hype. I'm going to let the dust settle before making a decision.

Last edited by NotThatGirl; 09-28-13 at 01:39 PM. Reason: Typo, more info
NotThatGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-13, 01:38 PM  
mamaste

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotThatGirl View Post
I just checked on this, it will be free for gold members until through December 2014
Oh good. I know my son won't want me to use his account, but I'm not paying for another gold membership.
Old 09-28-13, 01:38 PM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosepetals View Post
I found a clip of T.A. on youtube doing Xbox fitness. I don't have an xbox, but would like to know more info. about it. Does anyone have this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYfh9G8apjc
More info links here:
http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=196668

There's a possiblility that the new Kinect's facial recognition might not let you use someone else's membership.

Drop Two Sizes, Fit Body Blueprint, STRONG Eat. Lift. Thrive. and Revamp grad

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Sue B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-13, 01:42 PM  
mamaste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue B View Post
More info links here:
http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=196668

There's a possiblility that the new Kinect's facial recognition might not let you use someone else's membership.
They rolled that back. Besides, a household can use a single account.

Tags
t.a., tracy anderson