Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 02-07-20, 07:26 AM  
fanofladyvols

Today was 3 week yoga retreat Wk#1 flow. Vytas said work that muscle between your ears. Totally in keeping with my strength mantra for 2020.
I'm not sure if I'll pick up some cardio later.

Donna sounded like you needed a rest day. Good luck at the motor vehicles. Just the thought of them makes me agitated. Hope you survive with your mom. I gotta feeling my poor daughter is gonna be feeling like you do when she takes me one day, hehehe.

Carol do you think that Feel good fusion DVD is worth purchasing? When I see you purge, I'll take it as my cue to do so as well. There are actually more titles as I scan the bookcase that should be worried

Brenda great to see you! Do your piano students ever ask you what you're doing when you exercise?

Christine the title of your workout sounded nice. I am finding more and more how important those stretching and body weight exercises are...so soothing. If I have to give up doing something in my rotation to do them then I will. Instead of the other way around as if it's "extra."

Happy FriYay everyone!!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-20, 10:05 AM  
furmomof6

Hello!

Faithful Workouts: Gentle Flow, The Beauty of Fall

I had to look back at the workout I did on Monday because this was exactly the same, just a different message and scenery. I knew it felt really familiar. It's amazing, by the end of last week with no Pilates, my back was hurting so bad I was taking Motrin every day. By the end of this week, I'm 90% better and no need for pain killers. All of the stretching out feels so good.

I text Cheri and she said after her sinus infection she got a stomach bug, but she's recovering and doing okay.

Linda, that's so funny about the stink bugs!! There are a lot of bugs I wouldn't have put on the ark. I agree with you about the workouts too, as I'm sure you can tell by what I said about my back pain.

Carol, you're lucky! I laugh when I see my cats run over to smell them, they back away really fast with a digusted look on their face, ha ha! Oh, and if you accidentally vacuum one up, holy cow it makes the whole house stink!

Donna, it's nasty today too! Is it raining by you as well? No walk for me today either. Good luck with your mom! I have to renew my license by October.

Hi, Brenda!

Waves to Cheri and Dana!

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-20, 06:01 PM  
Brenda in WA
VF Supporter

Friday: 30 min. walk/read

Linda, LOL I'm not the piano teacher. Wouldn't that be awesome, working out and giving kids instructions at the same time? My youngest two boys take lessons so I hang out in our teacher's sun room while they spend time with her. It's a rough life.

She girds herself with strength, and strengthens her arms. Prov. 31:17
Brenda in WA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-20, 09:19 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workouts were

Ellen Barrett - Stretch Sculpt - 30 minutes
I hadn't done this one in years. I liked it, although I did modify the lunge sequence to use a chair and not go all the way to the floor, making it much easier (no, making it do-able for me these days). Nice music throughout - I used 1.5 lb weights, but could definitely have used my 2's. I added on Pilates Nest - R & S Retreat Day 4: Embrace & Empower, which was about 15 minutes long. These R & S Retreat workouts have been a bit more challenging than the ones I've been doing lately.

Brenda - I'm laughing, thinking of a piano teacher exercising during a lesson. The teachers I had were always too busy correcting my mistakes to be doing anything else.

Christine - Have you just been stretching all week? I knew you had gotten out of your pilates routine. Glad you are feeling better.

Linda - Yes, I think so (about buying the Jessica Smith DVD). Here's a pretty detailed breakdown: https://2lazy4gym.com/2018/09/30/feel-good-fusion/.

Donna - Oh my goodness - the DMV! Is there any government agency more dreadworthy than that?? Hope it wasn't as bad there as it is out here.

Waves to Dana & Cheri.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-20, 10:55 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good morning!

GHUTV Medicine Ball Circuits - 52min. I haven't used medicine ball in years so I tried 4lbs ball and I could probably go with 6lbs. Chris used 8lbs and her workout partner used 6 lbs. There were several moves where they bounced their ball off the floor, but my ball was like a rock. When I dropped it to the floor it stayed there.

I have some errands to run now but later I plan to do one of the feel-good stretchy ePilates workouts.

Waves!
Old 02-08-20, 03:14 PM  
furmomof6

Walk
Shaped by Faith: Standing Pilates

Dana, I didn't realize medicine balls could bounce!

Carol, I have to substitute other moves when an instructor does lunges due to a foot condition. It's painful to flex my toes in that position, so I usually do front leg raises, which sufficiency burns my quads! I did some back stretches on my "rest week" when it started hurting, but not as much as during a stretchy workout.

I hope everyone is having a nice weekend!

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-20, 07:16 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by furmomof6 View Post
Walk
Shaped by Faith: Standing Pilates

Dana, I didn't realize medicine balls could bounce!
Neither did I! I have several ranging from 2-20 lbs and not one of them bounces, but Chris' certainly did! I just held the ball and did squats touching it to the floor and then raising it overhead when I stood up. This was a fairly tough workout for me that's rated as intermediate-advanced and it certainly was. What surprised me was that my AW estimated my calorie burn for this workout as only about 200 calories for 50min and I worked hard! The ePilates Barre Arm workout I did couple of days ago (which was really tough and got my heart rate up) burned about 100 cals for just 17 min. Go figure!
Old 02-08-20, 07:30 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamp View Post

I have to take my mom to MVA today to renew her license - she doesn't want to drive any more, but she needs some kind of ID, so she may either renew the license or just get a State ID. With the "Real ID" stuff you have to go in person to present all these documents - so hopefully it will go smoothly. My mom can be difficult and going to the MVA is no one's idea of fun. I'm going to renew my license while I'm there - it doesn't expire until Nov but I need to do my "real id" stuff, too.

Donna
Just reading about renewing license and/or plates makes me see red! I have to renew sticker on my vehicle license plate and I just found out that they've raised fees from $101 to $151 from last year! That's just larceny and greed! Oh, and before that, I have to take my car for emission test or I can't renew my plate. My car is 12 years old but it's well maintained and in very good shape so I hope there'll be no problems. Just one more thing for me to do.

My DL doesn't expire for another 2 years but I had to renew my U.S. Passport last year and I've opted to also purchase a U.S. passport card for additional $10 so I'm good to go with requirement for the "real ID". I just carry that in my wallet underneath my DL.
Old 02-08-20, 09:42 PM  
fanofladyvols

Carol Ok thanks for the link. I didn't realize 2lazy had her heels crushed in an accident. She's amazing to keep plugging through exercise with breast cancer and car accident injuries.

Dana that's a good idea with the additional card on the ID passport. I have actually tried to find a med ball that bounces..no luck. I saw it once in an old Fitprime workout maybe?

Christine lots of instructors overdo the use of lunges IMHO and there are so many options with floorwork they could use.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-20, 08:54 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I'm a bit behind!

Yesterday was:

Morning - Essentrics Full Body Strengthening w/ Amandda
Afternoon - Jessica Smith - Feel Good Fusion - Cardio

My DD had the ACT yesterday morning so I had to cut my morning workout short and then I had to go to my mom's condo to take care of a few things - it should be listed for sale this week or next. I survived Motor Vehicles...barely. But at least it is one thing checked off the list!

Today I did:

FitPrime Lean - for some reason, I have been thinking about these workouts a lot recently. I think it may be a longing to go back to the time when a DVD release was a big deal and instructors put so much effort into the set and music and it wasn't all HIIT and drills and blah, blah, blah. Anyway - what fits the category for elaborate production other than FIRM/FitPrime? I did enjoy revisiting this workout but, boy, am I not used to doing this stuff. I remember when this first came out thinking how easy it was -well - not so much today. There was one arm sequence that is going to have my triceps sore for the rest of the week. All that being said, I would actually like to do a rotation of these - my trouble is time! Maybe I can just do them on the weekend??

Anyway - hope everyone is having a good weekend!!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote