Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 02-07-20, 03:02 PM  
Twigs

Happy Friday everyone!

Yesterday was:
- 1 hour walk on the top of the hill with great views.
- BSS2 Amanda Full Body Strengthening
- MFML Super Quick Hips
- LH Monday Feb 3 Birthday class (short version)

I woke up with a bit of plantar, so am not sure what triggered it. I do know the problem is coming from somewhere up my left side of the body, so worked on easing the pain today:
- BG Bootylicious
- PA MELT for the feet
- YR Yin for Leg Day
- MFML Dr Yogi Floor Yoga Hip Release
- Calf smashing

Luckily, it's starting to feel much better.

Pat - I emphasize with your frustration. It's not a good start to a zen state of mind before you even begin. I got fed up with all the buffering when I was on vacation.

Pam - The hot stone massage sounds wonderful. I'd love to try one of those treatments some day. What a fabulous place to be visiting at this time of year. I'd be taking all my anti microbials too! I'm sure you'll be fine. We were a bit concerned flying home. However, the only germs were of the 'common cold' kind!

Have a great weekend everyone. We're in for a big storm, so that will be fun!

"Practice makes progress" ~ Sandra Hanna
Twigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-20, 03:23 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Hello friends! I keep meaning to check in with you all and then life gets in the way. Now it's Feb already!
So I'll just quietly jump in. As many of you know, I LOVE LOVE LOVE my Yoga but other workouts too. But life is SO much better with Yoga and Meditation.

Here's me so far this month.
Feb 1: Meditation
Feb 2: Meditation
Feb 3: Cathe Supersets and Power Yoga Online Bryan Kest Almond Milk #2 and Meditation
Feb 4: Les Mills on Demand Body Attack 106 and Power Yoga Online Monica Shao Mindful Movements and Meditation
Feb 5: Cathe Step Boss PHA3 and Power Yoga Online Byron de Marse Pop a Squat and Meditation
Feb 6: Cathe Intensity and Power Yoga Online Bryan 1 Hour Power Hour #2 and Meditation
Today Feb 7: Body Jam 39 and Power Yoga Online Steve Jones Core Connector and Meditation. Today I reached 1420 days in a row of daily meditation. I meditate every morning and if I have time during the day I try to sit for a while too.

So far I have been lucky enough to have time over lunch for a nice Yoga practice. The joys of working from home.

Greetings to all I know and all I hope to know here! I wish you all a wonderful weekend. Here's hoping the bad weather will be easier on everyone and that all you gals stay well!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-20, 10:23 AM  
sherry7899

Sleep has been eluding me this week! Ugh....very low energy.

Thursday I did Yoga Upload 30 minute floor practice.

Yesterday-zero....I hardly slept.

Sleep last night was not much better, but I forced myself and had a great workout:

-Soul Sweat with Maria " Cleansing" class-55 minutes. I love this one! There is a really fun reggae track.

-Yoga Upload Twist and Side body flow-this was more active than I thought it was going to be! 25 minutes

-Yoga Uplaod meditation and body scan 10 minutes

I'll come back for personals later.

Kate, so glad to see you!

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-20, 10:27 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Good morning, a quick post & run!

Yesterday was a short youtube barre workout, a 30 min Walking Online walk, and legs up the wall.

We are in Victoria, staying with DS & family as our condo is rented. So no formal workout today as I’ll be hanging out with the little ones.

Welcome back Kate!

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-20, 01:03 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Happy Saturday!

We had wind like you wouldn't believe yesterday! Gusts up to 70 MPH. If there's a hurricane or tornado you expect it and hunker down, but going about your day in that wind is something else. There was a period at work where we stood at the windows and watched a gale of oak leaves blowing sideways, tree branches flying by, roof tiles, etc. I am so happy we did not sustain any visible roof damage. People could barely walk in it but I was soooooo tempted to visit the beach.

Yogaglo behaved nicely last last night, and I enjoyed:

~ Block Party to Address Your Adrenals (yin with Felicia Tomasko)
~ Yoga Nidra for Healing and Inspiration (Rod Stryker)

Hi Kate, nice to see you! Looks like you've been getting in some nice intense yoga workouts.

Sherry, nice workouts for you, hope they help you to sleep better. Have you tried yoga nidra?

Those look like some effective routines Margot. Good luck with your PF - you and Pam are teaching me that it's a "related to other cranky parts" thing.

Waves to Pam and yoo hoo hello Cyana!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-20, 02:26 PM  
cyana

Hi All - not much to report work-out-wise this week, as I had a close encounter with a kitchen knife last Sunday evening and ended up having to go to urgent care. At least I had most of my cooking projects done! Typing has been a bit of a challenge, but I've adapted fairly quickly, thank goodness. I've done some N.O. dumps and body weight squats this week and not much else as I didn't want to make my wounded digit angry. Hopefully I can start picking up the pace this week-end.

Kate - Good to see you. That's an impressive string of meditation - I wish I did a better job of keeping up with those sorts of things. Do you like PHA3? A check-in friend on another thread gifted me PHA2, which I've only done once so far.

Sherry - I hear you on 2nd day hair - I'm all about spritz, a little fluffing and that's all she wrote. I often wonder if these YT people really spend that much time on their hair and make-up in real life. I still have Scott and Janis on VHS - I should hunt it down, as I used to enjoy that one. I had a bottle of Aura Cacia Chill Pill several years ago, but it met with a premature and untimely demise when it was dropped on the tile floor (barely used). I have their lavender and peppermint oils in the roller bottles and really like them. I always pack them when I travel - such a nice, comforting touch. Until I clicked on your link, I didn't realize they were related to Frontier Co-op - my spice cabinet is full of their products. My sleep has been the pits the last couple of weeks and I have no clue why.

Pam - I would imagine you'll get in some functional fitness hanging out with the girls today. Your PT sounds like a winner - looking to connect the dots to get to the source of the problem. I'm glad you enjoyed the Essentrics workshop - would like to do one of those some day. When there's a lot of sickness going around, I usually include the alcohol towelettes in my back pack and wipe down my airline seat, seat belt fasteners, tray table, etc. Hawaii sounds wonderful at this time of year.

Pat - Congratulations for getting your car loan paid off!!! Life without a car payment is a wonderful thing. I love the ocean when it's stormy, but imagine what a dermabrasion you would've gotten with sand blowing at 70 mph - OUCH!! Back many millions of years ago when I was still in school, two friends and I were caught off guard by a storm that blew up when we were walking on the beach about a mile from where we were staying. We joked about it being Shake and Bake night - we were encrusted with a layer of sand when we got back inside! I wonder how NaturalLove and her little Peanut are doing - and whether there might be another Peanut added to the family by now.

Margot
- Welcome home! I'm glad you were on the "just normal cooties" flight versus the bad bugs, although that isn't fun, either, when you're trapped at 30,000 feet surrounded by coughing, sneezing, nose-blowing, etc. I was the only non-sick person at urgent care, but at least the receptionist slapped a face mask on all the sickies who walked in in an attempt to reduce exposure (you can definitely argue over the efficacy of basic masks, but I appreciate her efforts). I came home and started loading up on all sorts of remedies/supportive supplements, continued it throughout the week, and so far so good. Did you download Mimi's newest from Vimeo? I've never purchased through Vimeo, but it looks like a good deal. And I Mimi.

It is chilly today, so I'm heading for a fresh cup of hot tea.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-20, 01:17 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning and happy Sunday.

I'm in recovery mode, tweaked my shoulder dusting yesterday. Jeez! I took a break to meditate and chose Rod Stryker's Return to Joy yoga nidra which sounded like a good one to rest and recharge with before finishing the housework. Don't you know I fell right to sleep, for over an hour. It's getting ridiculous. I think my Hashimoto's is to blame for this stupor. Anyway, I made myself go to the gym for cardio on the recumbent bike and arc trainer.

Cyana - !!!! Thank goodness you still have all your fingers. Did you have to get stitches? I have never been to urgent care where they made the respiratory sufferers wear masks - it sounds like a good policy.

Well gang, it's 1:00 and I'm still in PJ's. Time to pull myself up by my bootstraps. I'm going to try Lee Holden for upper body, or maybe his energy routine, and some foam rolling, then later on an upper body yin practice if it seems like a good idea.
Old 02-09-20, 07:25 PM  
cyana

Today:
Free weights, core work, stability ball work on my own. I wanted to try some weights and thought it might be better to do it on my own in case my finger started throbbing, but it was well-behaved. I pushed myself to the point where my heart rate and respiratory rate were increased, doing some supersets. I think I need to avoid things like push-ups, down dog, etc., for a bit longer. I'm going to try paring down my dressing a bit - the current one is clunky, but it's done a great job of keeping my finger from getting bashed against things.

Pat - I had my thyroid checked last week and will be interested to get those results back. No sutures, but it wouldn't stop bleeding (sorry for that TMI if anyone gets queasy discussing injuries ). Hope your shoulder feels better soon. I have to admit the gal working the front desk at urgent care that evening was really on the ball. While I hope I never have to visit them again, the staff was quite good.

Waves to ALL. Hope everyone's week gets off to a good start.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-20, 07:04 AM  
Twigs

Good morning everyone!

Pat, I think your storm came our way yesterday, with gusts of 55 mph but in some parts of the country it was 90 mph!

Saturday was:
- 1 hour walk to our fishponds
- Mimi Regulating Flow: Animal Frolics. This was so much fun and in Mimi's words 'goofy' at times. We went through movements for the crane, bear, stag and hind, monkey and tiger. Some good balance work too.
- PA Movement in the Feet

Sunday:
- PA Standing Upper Body, in part using a foam roller against the wall to retain the correct posture while doing the arm movements. Really great class with Amy Havens.
- YR Restorative for Lymphatic Health and Immunity
- Daisy Lee Showering Qi, Flying Phoenix and Lotus Rising

Today so far:
- BFTV2 Episode 11 - Moon Warrior

Pat - Thank you for mentioning Rod Stryker. I found some free classes and meditations of his on Amazon Prime, so yesterday did his meditation for Anxious Times. Sorry to hear about your shoulder. It's too bad housework is one of those necessary chores.

Cyana - Yikes on the knife encounter. I'm glad you're managing to get back to normal and the injury wasn't more serious. I did buy Mimi's new DVDs through Vimeo. I really like her Regulating Energy one the best so far. I've bought a few DVDs through Vimeo over the past few years. They're easy to download with several formats to choose from and are always available in your library to play at any time.

Kate - Welcome! You've reminded me that I need to get back to doing Travis' new Yin Yoga DVD. Are you still doing his practices?

Waves to Sherry, Pam and Jackie.

"Practice makes progress" ~ Sandra Hanna
Twigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-20, 08:53 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning! Shoulder is a lot better today. I ended up not trying to "fix" it with qigong, etc., and just kept putting moist heat on it and took some Advil. I managed a quick loop around the beach - too much biting, wet wind. I felt a pop while walking and the is just about gone now.

Cyana, good to hear your finger let you do a self-paced workout. Good for you!

Margot, isn't Rod Stryker's voice wonderful? Not quite Erich Schiffmann, but soothing. I'll have to check out his Prime practices. I first fell in love with him from a Kathy Smith yoga DVD. Animal Frolics sounds like such a fun workout.

Oh well ... here we are again. Happy Moan Day everyone!