Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 02-01-20, 12:48 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Feb 2020 Yoga Cross Trainers: Love is the bridge between you & everything....

“Love is the bridge between you & everything.”
~Rumi

A warm welcome to all in February....a month to celebrate love....and to celebrate that spring is around the corner!

If you’d like more yoga in your life, you’re in the right place! Whether yoga is your first love or a welcome addition to your other workouts, feel free to roll out your mat & join us. We enjoy a wide variety of activities along with yoga, Qi Gong, & meditation.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-20, 01:06 PM  
sherry7899

Pam, thanks for starting the new thread!

I can't believe January is over already. I did not accomplish my goals for January...sigh...I hoped to start strength training, but my back was cranky. I had hoped to clean up my eating, which was not very successful, but it was better than it was in December. That should count for something.

I had another night of messed up sleep. This cycle is not fun! I was determined to exercise , though.

I did:

Soul Sweat NIA with Carolyne-focusing on the music 63 minutes. I had to really dig for the energy to finish this. The song "In Your Eyes" motivated me to keep going

After that I did a Yoga With Adriene practice from the "home" series. I think it was Day 25-one where you are basically sitting or lying on your back. I didn't have the energy for anything more energetic.

I am definitely doing meditation later. I am going to try to meditate every day, even if it is for five minutes.

My DH and son are out, so I am going to put up laundry, do a few chores and sink into a psychological suspense book I borrowed from the library.

I hope everyone has a great day.

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-20, 08:19 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Hello yoginis!

Today’s workouts:
~Neighborhood walk, finally a sunny break from the rain
~Openfit XB Pilates: Hit the Mat 1 - This was a basic 30 min classic Pilates workout. Andrea Rogers is a bit hyper, lol, but her instruction is pretty good. I got a Groupon freebie for a free 60 day trial, the usual trial is 30 days. I started a 21 Day Pilates rotation and maybe will add in some barre later. Don’t know that I’ll renew the subscription, but 60 days free was too good to pass up. I feel like I need to do more toning, but still being careful until I get through my PT treatments. So mat Pilates sounds like a good fit right now.
~Headstand & legs up the wall
~MFML: Wind Down Your Day - I really like Kristin Campbell’s practices.

Sherry - Sorry you’re struggling with insomnia again!

Waves to all!

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Old 02-02-20, 12:13 PM  
sherry7899

Thanks, Pam! As you know, it's really frustrating. I slept a little better last night.

This morning:

Soul Sweat with Maria-Letting your Wild Woman out (or something like that!)
I did 57 minutes of the 72 minute class. I decided to do yoga instead of the ending stretch of the workout

Yoga Upload-gentle morning practice

I hope everyone has a great day! We will be the only house without football on. Our son cares a little, but he will be working. We will likely be watching a concert dvd or the Breaking Bad marathon on AMC

Sherry

Old 02-02-20, 12:44 PM  
cyana

Wow.....where did January go???

Right now I'm running scans on my laptop and doing some bulk cooking. I just took two sheet pans of butternut squash out of the oven. I tossed the cubed squash with some avocado oil and split them into three batches - the first I seasoned with thyme, rosemary and a bit of Celtic sea salt. The second batch was seasoned with Adobo (I have a serious addiction to this stuff - it works on pretty much everything!), and I used Frontier Organic Turmeric Twist Sweet Blend on the third. OMG, the Sweet Blend batch tastes like dessert with absolutely no added sugar. Next up - beets and turnips.

Pam - Thanks for getting us started for the new month. I really like Kristin, too.

Sherry - Yours won't be the only house without the Super Bowl on.

Hoping to get out for a walk later, since it's sunny and mild today. Planning to be back later for a batch cooking and work-out update.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-20, 01:07 PM  
sherry7899

Cyana, I am glad to see you. I hope you get out for your walk.

I watched the movie "Last Christmas" yesterday. I enjoyed the music and message.

Old 02-03-20, 11:03 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Hi everyone! I fell behind again. Hopefully I can get a better grip for February. My DS visited to watch the Super Bowl with DH and I, it was an exciting game and we had a good visit. Congratulations Chiefs! I suppose the USA needs a break from the Patriots winning from time to time just to keep it interesting ... LOL sorry, couldn't help it. It was a great game.

Jan. 31 - Sadhana Day - 38 - my own body scan and relaxation meditation.

Feb. 1 - GYM for weights and PT; Sadhana Day 39 - Jason Stephenson, The Secret Garden.

Feb. 2 - Beach walk; Sadhana Day 40 - water, wind and wildlife meditation.

Thank you for starting our month, Pam! I love our contemplation. Is all your snow melted away yet? Best wishes with your Pilates rotation.

Sherry - my goals for January took a dive, too. There were some highlights in connection with the sadhana, but the rest is just a drab blur of feeling tired and unmotivated. I hope we both get sparked! Though I really do think you did well - it seemed you had good workouts most days that I recall.

Yum Cyana I can practically smell your kitchen with all those spice blends. I hope you had a nice walk.

Hello Margot and Jackie, and anyone who visits.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-20, 10:08 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Hello everyone!

Yesterday I went to an Essentrics workshop in Vancouver. It was a long day....caught the ferry at 6:15 am, back home at 6 pm. We arrived very early so got in a 4 km walk to a lovely little coffee shop for a pick me up. The workshop was really good! I met a lot of west coast instructors & the instructor who led the workshop is awesome, she is level 4, assists in a lot of live trainings & grades exams. I got home in time to catch the end of a super bowl party at a friend’s house. Congrats to KC!

Today’s workouts:
~4 km walk - I’m venturing further!
~Open Fit XB Pilates: Hit the Mat 2 - More classical Pilates. I know it’s effective, but classical Pilates kinda feels like taking your medicine, lol. I think I’ll venture into some Pilates inspired workouts.
~YC: Back Care - A lovely twist focused practice!

Waves to all!

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn

Old 02-04-20, 09:15 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning and Happy Tuesday! Pardon me while I shake my butt all over the room but

I JUST PAID OFF MY CAR LOAN!!!!!!!

Here's what I was up to yesterday:

~ Walk about the neighborhood;
~ RaviAna PM matrix from AM/PM

Pam, that does sound like a long day! I'm happy for you that the workshop was fun and worth the travel.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-20, 02:37 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Pat - Woo hoo, congrats on paying off the loan!
Regarding our snow....it melted almost right away. It’s been a bit chilly & has attempted to snow but it didn’t stick. My camellia has started to bloom & the daffodils are sprouting in spite of the temps.

Back later with my workouts....

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn