Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-22-20, 02:30 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiga View Post
Rules to live by........kind of brings a tear to my eye the way you soften it all up
LOL. It is a bit odd IMO that she deleted all of her posts. Hope it's just a misunderstanding, but I'm naturally suspicious.

Oh I did eventually get the PM. On Valentine's Day. The title was spam.
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-20, 03:44 PM  
Lannette

Quote:
Originally Posted by cataddict View Post
LOL. It is a bit odd IMO that she deleted all of her posts. Hope it's just a misunderstanding, but I'm naturally suspicious.

Oh I did eventually get the PM. On Valentine's Day. The title was spam.
Well, if it was a misunderstanding this thread sure made sure she’ll never post again. The kind and gentle side of VF strikes again!

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Lannette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-20, 06:14 PM  
Leonana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
The kindness and generosity I have received over decades on VF has been almost overwhelming at times. The thought that someone might want to exploit that kindness really chaps my hide.

I have become even more paranoid after a dear friend was scammed out of over $80,000 of her savings by an internet romance scam. She never even met this guy but sent him money anyway.

You just can't be too careful anymore. If someone is legit, they have to follow the rules. If you are told the rules, then follow them. And, if you don't like the rules, don't fricken whine about it!
How horrible for your friend. That is so much money to lose. Hard to believe that scammers can be that heartless.
Old 02-22-20, 07:32 PM  
Calistro

I kind of get the feeling that she took the streaming rules too personally, felt offended and then deleted her posts.

Of course I am probably making assumptions.
Calistro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-20, 07:42 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lannette View Post
Well, if it was a misunderstanding this thread sure made sure she’ll never post again. The kind and gentle side of VF strikes again!
I'm not sure that's quite fair if you mean that people were deliberately unkind to her. I think most people were genuinely trying to understand what she was proposing, as it was a bit confusing (at least to me). It could also be the copyright laws are different in her country so she didn't understand why people weren't willing to trade unlicensed content and got offended by all the questions? I believe she got defensive about the discussion, but that's not necessarily the fault of the posters. I tend to agree that she probably won't come back.
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-20, 08:50 PM  
Lannette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calistro View Post
I kind of get the feeling that she took the streaming rules too personally, felt offended and then deleted her posts.

Of course I am probably making assumptions.
I think you’re right and her posts were hard to understand but she said English was her second language. I think the responses about that may have hurt her feelings because that’s when she deleted all her posts.

I do agree that quite a few people did try to give her the benefit of the doubt.

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Old 02-22-20, 11:08 PM  
katmom

This is not the first time for “katemystify” to appear on VF. I still have her PM posts from March 2018 and they read almost verbatim as her recently posted exchange request. In 2018, I told her no, she countered back there was nothing illegal about the request. I told her it was unethical and was reporting her to the VF moderators.
Old 02-23-20, 06:28 AM  
Lannette

Quote:
Originally Posted by katmom View Post
This is not the first time for “katemystify” to appear on VF. I still have her PM posts from March 2018 and they read almost verbatim as her recently posted exchange request. In 2018, I told her no, she countered back there was nothing illegal about the request. I told her it was unethical and was reporting her to the VF moderators.
It’s too bad you didn’t share that info earlier.

I’m not just concerned for “katemystify” when I mention that she’s been chased away. I’m thinking of the folks in the woodwork who might consider posting and see a post like this and decide not to risk it.

Perhaps making the exchange rules known could have been enough?

Old 02-23-20, 12:15 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Since waaaay back in the VHS days, there have been warnings at the beginning of the video by the FBI or Interpol about the illegality of copying and distributing the video, aka Piracy.

Both Poland and the USA are members of Interpol. Interpol is a crime-fighting organization that covers most of the world. Counterfeiting intellectual property is an international crime.

This information is old news. If one chooses to ignore that, it is a personal choice. But, don't go on a public forum, which is searchable on Google, and ask folks to commit a crime. Don't act like you don't know it's a crime.

I believe Kasia wanted to use our PM system to keep under the radar. As it was only "streaming content or copied videos" to be sent via email, no home address would be provided.

If I've made the wrong call, I'll be the first to apologize. Of course, her profile page has no way to contact her.

http://forum.videofitness.com/member.php?u=37926

I doubt this post would discourage new members as we all live in the new world of digital property.

It might discourage a scammer though!

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-20, 05:42 PM  
katmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lannette View Post
It’s too bad you didn’t share that info earlier.

I’m not just concerned for “katemystify” when I mention that she’s been chased away. I’m thinking of the folks in the woodwork who might consider posting and see a post like this and decide not to risk it.

Perhaps making the exchange rules known could have been enough?
I actually only discovered I still had her 2018 PM last night. I normally clear all my PM's but found I still had them when I went to read a new PM.

Tags
internet scams, katemystify, lauren brooks, spam pm