Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 02-22-20, 03:25 PM  
fanofladyvols

Carol I didn't realize your wrists were arthritic. I am sorry. You have been nearly a full month into Ellen, really ght? What's your verdict?

Donna thanks for telling me my workouts are nice. I think the way you guys combine things look really balanced too. That is what I shoot for ...trying not to overdo any particular fitness category.

Dana I could dye my hair blue and my husband would not notice, lol. It would be weird if he did.

Started out the day with my PBS episode of CS #1108 Back pain relief..very nice ! Title matched the exercises..woohoo.
Then was wanting a moderate cardio so did SHAPE 5 day jumpstart Fast Fat blast and Interval 101. And oh my gosh, it was Elise doing the interval workout. Had to mute her and had no problem doing the workout. But did get a glisten on but won't be a DVD I keep.

Have a great rest of your weekend all!!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-20, 08:11 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Saturday's workouts were

Ellen Barrett - Barre Conditioning - 30 minutes;
Dog Walk - 45 minutes

Both the walk and Ellen's workout were a nice change after sitting most of the day at a planning retreat.

Linda - I'm enjoying Ellen and am not ready to give her up yet. I do wish I would do a better job of adding on my Pilates Nest workouts - they make me feel so good. I used to be able to do them right before bed, but these days when I get on my mat at that time of night, all I want to do is sleep. LOL - Elise is like a bad penny that is following you around. Whatever you do, don't sign up for Beach Body's Barre Blend program - 60 days of Elise...

Dana - I noticed you can do a modified (and cheaper) subscription through Amazon - that one would probably be really easy to cancel. I've been thinking about it since Ellen's walking program is available through the Amazon subscription. You have access to fewer workouts that way, but it's half the price of Groker's regular subscription price. Your walking plan sounds nice! I wish I had added on a long hip and lower back stretch last night - I am hurting this morning.

Donna - Glad you are feeling better!

Waves to Christine, Cheri and Brenda ~~

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-20, 11:14 AM  
furmomof6

Hi everyone,

I think I finally turned the corner too this weekend. Although I'm left feeling pretty worn out. I also found out I'm anemic, so I'm hoping my multi with iron I just started will help. My plan is to get back to 10-15 minute workouts and stick with that for a while. I hope to start walking again too.

Dana, your walk sounds really nice!

Donna, I believe the virus has finally passed, but every time I get sick it leaves me wiped out because it seems to affect my Lyme symptoms. I'm hoping that with taking it easy with my workouts, some new vitamins and continued rest, I'll be back to myself soon! I'm so glad you're feeling much better!

Carol, I understand missing the Pilates workouts! I'm thinking of using my 10-15 minute PN downloads when I get back to working out.

Brenda, I'm so glad the probiotics are helping!! You have really been suffering for a while. I will pray you continue to do better.

Waves Linda and Cheri!

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-20, 01:01 PM  
donnamp

Hi,

Today I did Misty Tripoli's Groove Fit (workout # 1) and Gentle Groovy Yoga - (ended up doing the whole thing even though I had only planned to do one segment.

These were fun for a change of pace! They may not be everyone's cup of tea and honestly, they are only mine if I'm in the mood for it.

Dana - I have a free membership to Grokker b/c I signed up when it first started. I honestly haven't tried all the much from it other than Ellen's workouts and some yoga....I really should make more use of that resource to see if there are any hidden gems. I love long walks like that. I have to bug my DD to get going - she said she wanted to walk today.

Linda - LOL on Elise!!!

Carol - i did Ellen's barre yesterday it is a nice one - I will probably stick w/ Ellen for this coming week unless something else catches my attention.

Christine - I'm glad you are feeling better. My dog has Lyme and another tick borne illness and occasionally both will flare up for her - she is on meds for a month now and I can tell she feels better. Her first owners were very neglectful of her care when she was younger and ended up w/ a lot of illness b/c of it. I know you aren't a dog, LOL, but I think those types of illnesses really do lurk in the background and tend to flare up.

Hope everyone has a nice Sunday.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-20, 05:50 PM  
furmomof6

Checking back in with a short walk! It was nice and sunny here today. Our ducks ran down to the river for a swim. I know they miss that in the winter.

Donna, thanks! Yes, it definitely flares up, especially when my immune system is down. I remember you saying your dog's former owners were neglectful, so sad. I'm glad she's doing better on the antibiotics!! Believe it or not, it seems to affect dogs & humans the same!

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
Old 02-23-20, 08:09 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workouts were

Ellen Barrett - Quick Cardio - 15 minutes;
Pilates Nest - Pilates for Lower Back Pain - 10 minutes & Sciatica Pain Relief Exercises - 13 minutes;
Jane Adams - Gentle Yoga: Improving Balance - 22 minutes

I'm guessing that the Quick Cardio workout from Ellen's 7 Day Workout set is very similar to her walks on Groker.

Smriti's Sciatica Pain Relief workout did help my low back/glute pain this yesterday - I may have to repeat it tonight.

And wow, my balance is awful. Just ask Jane Adams - I ended up using a chair for almost every exercise.

Christine - so glad you are feeling better!

Donna - I wasn't too excited about Ellen's schedule for the upcoming week, so I switched out a couple of workouts.

Waves to all ~

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-20, 08:26 PM  
fanofladyvols

Christine I'm glad you're turning the corner and feeling a bit better. My husband struggles with fighting off anemia so I switched to cooking in iron pots and pans and it has helped him immensely and over time he hasn't had to get iron supplements anymore. Strange I know but for us it has worked.

Donna I know ..I couldn't escape Elise she was like a bad penny as Carol said. I understand having workouts for a change of pace those are good to have. I have some hip hop DVDs for just those kinds of moments

Carol I like balance challenges but I always keep a chair nearby. And I was doing a back pain relief workout today, too! My back isn't hurting but I really like doing those stretchy workouts to try to keep it limber. You and Donna put together some great combos of workouts.

I debated on having a full rest day but CS called me from PBS and I did CS #1108 "Back pain relief" and CS #8008 "Slenderize the waist & Flatten the abs". Big fan of the back pain relief episode and was glad to catch it again.

The #8008 suffered from the title not matching the exercises. It did have waist and a little abs but towards the end the floorwork was working my quads. I would just do the standing and skip the floorwork if I owned this one.

Hope everyone has a great Monday

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-20, 06:57 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday DD and i ended up taking a walk so I got a good number of steps in.

Today I did Ellen's Yoga Tone - will take a walk at lunch as I have to run to the post office today. And, the weather is nice.

Carol - yea, some of Ellen's workouts for this week aren't my favorites. I'll probably fit in a few and then add in some other things!

Linda - when I did the CS challenge I really noticed a big difference in how my back was feeling. I really need to add it in again - but, as is always the case, too little time.....must find a slot for it in the rotation a few times a week though!

Christine - glad you got out for a walk. It has been a very mild winter here. ot complaining. Cute about the ducks. And yes, my doggie is doing so much better, even her limp is improved on the antibiotics. The vet said that may happen. She is enjoying the mild weather, too and spends a lot of the day when we are at home sitting outside in the sun. I wish I could take her for longer walks - she loves to walk - but it ends up hurting her and she limps more.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
Old 02-24-20, 02:16 PM  
furmomof6

Hello,

Shaped by Faith: Pilates Mat (14 minutes)

Thanks everyone! It feels good to finally get back to some normalcy, especially with my workouts. DH and I might take a short walk when he gets home too, it's in the 60's here today.

Donna, I'm glad you're dog is doing better! My poor girl can't walk far anymore either, or she'll limp as well. She just turned 14.

Linda, thanks for reminding me! Someone else I know had mentioned using iron pans too. I'm glad it helps your DH!

Carol, that sounds like a nice mix of workouts! I have exercises I practice that help with my balance due to an inner ear thing. It's the worst feeling being off balance for sure.

Waves Dana, Cheri & Brenda!

Old 02-25-20, 06:55 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I did get out to walk at lunch - so that was good!

Today I did - Body Groove Fit Workout # 2 and Groovy Pilates Workout # 1.

These are nice for a change of pace. I'm bored with all my other cardio workouts - although you do have to be in a place where you don't mind looking silly when you do these workouts, LOL! I'm glad no one is filming me.

Christine -we have had nice, mild weather, too. Although today it is raining. I don't think we're going to see any snow this winter...

I signed up for Robin's next challenge - of course!

Waves, everyone -

Donna