Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-01-20, 01:09 AM  
Sissy B

Fitbit/Fitness Tracker *January* 2020 Check-In

Happy New Year!!! 2020

Welcome to the January 2020 Fitbit/Fitness Tracker Check-In. This check-in is designed for a place to share your daily steps via Fitbit, Apple Watch, pedometer, phone app or anything else you use to track your steps.

If you currently share your steps with another check-in, please continue to do so. But we'd love to hear about how everyone is achieving their goals counting steps.

You can track and record any steps you like via a Leslie workout, treadmill, or just plain old outdoor walking. All steps count! Feel free to just record your steps or log any other workouts you do in addition to your steps here too - yoga, strength training, kettlebells, dance, kickboxing, etc. - or just join in the conversation.

So if you walk or run for fitness and make a habit of counting your steps, please join us here and lets enable each other as we Step to Fitness.
Sissy B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-20, 06:53 PM  
Sissy B

Happy New Year!!!

DH made it until 11 p.m. last night but since it was already midnight in the Eastern time zone, we considered it 2020 and had our New Year's kiss and he went to bed. I went to bed closer to 1 a.m. so I rang in the New Year in our time zone as well.

We've watched the Rose Parade and the Outback Bowl today. We have the Rose Bowl on right now, but neither one of us is really paying attention to it.

Deb - I'm glad you've made it to the condo and had a chance to get settled in. Sorry you forgot your weights/bands. I've always heard the same thing about eating cabbage/greens and peas for good luck, health and prosperity during the new year. DH is grilling pork chops and I'm making black-eyed peas and I got a chopped salad with cabbage for the greens for supper tonight.
Sissy B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-20, 09:01 PM  
dbclark44

Wednesday 12/1 - 3317/1.36; neighborhood walk 16 min/.75 miles

Sissy, you did better than me. I just wish I had thought to get some while we were in the market New Years Eve. And I did not feel like going back out to get what i needed yesterday. So we didn't have it.

Yesterday we just hung around the condo unwinding and relaxing. DH asked me if I wanted to do anything and I did not. The lanai is awesome. I go out there and sit, watching the water and the boats come and go and it is so relaxing. I love that. I told DH before we got here when I looked at the pictures that the lanai was where i would be spending most of my time. We got into the 80s here today. My girlfriend Denise and her husband Rick took us sailing on their boat. We ate lunch out on the water and it felt so good. The temps were perfect. We went to the outlet malls today and I bought some more New Balance and sandals. DH picked up a couple pair of shorts. Had a good breakfast at a Perkins restaurant. Great day today.

Tomorrow we plan to go join a Planet Fitness so we can stay on our workout routine while away. They have $10 a month deals which I want to find out more about. We also have them in my area so will be able to use them when we get back if we want to keep the membership.

Not much movement on my part which will change here shortly.

Rotations are an immunization against procrastination.
dbclark44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-20, 01:29 PM  
dbclark44

Thursday 1/2 6018/2.46; 6018/2.46
Friday 1/3 6928/2.84; Neighborhood walk 44 min/2.2 miles

DH and I started out yesterday intending to walk to a Starbucks 2 miles away. After half mile I told him we were gonna turn around at the mile mark and just do 2 miles instead of 4. It was in the 80s and hot out there! I was sweating buckets after a mile. Note to self, don't do any outdoor walking when temps are in the 80s especially with full on sunshine.

We did go join a Planet Fitness for 20 cents down, $10 a month, and no commitment. Figure for $10 a month we can make it there at least 3X a week and get our money's worth. The condo we're staying in is in a residential area so has no amenities like a pool or fitness room. But it is a very well maintained 1 BR 1 BA unit. I have an awesome view of a canal off the lanai and the breese is so nice out there right now. I spent all morning out there, had breakfast and just lounged. Temperatures are perfect as it's a little cloudy today. Temperature is 81 and mild. Rain is moving in though.

Yesterday we went to the Bonefish Griddle restaurant. I had a great dish with lobster shrimp and gnocchi in a cream based sauce with fried brussel sprouts in ham on the side. It was very good and I just finished up what I bought back for lunch.

We picked up some chicken and ground beef so we can eat in the condo over the next few days. We made a pact to only eat out formally once a week while here. Spend rest of the money on groceries. DH loves his fruit and veggis and he enjoys papayas and mangoes especially.

Have a great Saturday ladies.

Old 01-05-20, 05:58 AM  
dbclark44

Saturday 1/4 - 1226/.5

Barely moved at all yesterday. The condo is so small, I won't get many steps walking around it. I should have went for a 30 minute walk before the rain moved in. I'll do better today though.

DH and I ate in last night. I fixed baked chicken legs, mashed potatoes gravy and a broccoli carrots cauliflower veggie mix. I'm no gourmet cook and I like things quick and easy. So the mashed potatoes I use on the regular are the Bob Evans premade ones. The veggies are fresh in these sealed bags that you throw into the microwave for 5 minutes and they're done. And the gravy is just jar gravy you take and heat up. I don't like cooking so I find a lot of shortcuts to get a meal on the table.

We'll be eating in today as well. DH is going to fry some hamburgers and bake some fries. He cooks today. I'm off and back on tomorrow when I'll make a meatloaf.

Have a great Sunday ladies.

Old 01-05-20, 09:57 PM  
cdayley

Hi, ladies. I got home last night, and DH left this morning for Virginia. He's there until the 30th. I shoveled snow today, and will probably do some treadmill walking while I watch the Golden Globes.
Deb, sounds like you are having a wonderful time in FL! I have friends who really like Planet Fitness.
Sissy, happy New Year to you!

Chrys Dayley
cdayley is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fitbit, fitness tracker, fitness trackers