Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-23-14, 08:05 PM  
kiwichick

You look great! Well done on all the hard work. Consistency is something I struggle with, and I have been in a bit of a workout funk lately - can't be bothered and just not interested. You have inspired me to get my act together - thank you.
kiwichick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-14, 08:30 PM  
juberann

You look amazing!! Thank you so much for the inspiration! I am more and more drawn to Barre workouts everyday and this really convinces me I need to be more consistant with Barre. WOW.....incredible results!!
Old 08-23-14, 08:36 PM  
Vee

Caitlin, your before picture is amazing. Your after picture is better than words can describe. Seriously. You are a beautiful girl.
Vee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-14, 08:40 PM  
buffmama

Awesome and inspiring. Thanks for sharing.
buffmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-14, 08:51 PM  
caitlinpyle

y'all are just so sweet ;-) i am just overwhelmed at the support you all have shown. thank you so much for the encouragement!!!

The burning and shaking and pure struggle inherent in barre workouts is, i think, what kept me going back to them... it became addicting a little bit, the thigh work especially, followed closely by seat work. such a ridiculous burn, i thought wow, this HAS to work, right? and i just stuck with it to see. i love how engaged the muscles can get in the movements, and i am always working to have more grace and control and precision in the movements. Honestly, that comes first before any changes elsewhere. Seeing myself gain better control over my own four limbs is pretty cool

somebody somewhere on here posted about how back in the day, exercise videos boasted you could change your body in a year's time, not in a week or two weeks or thirty days like it is claimed by different programs nowadays. something about that stuck with me, just reminded me that real change does not happen overnight and slow and gradual change is more desirable because it probably means that the changes will be permanent

Barre, Indoor Walking, and Rebounding Lover

Favorites: Suzanne Bowen, Jessica Smith, Ellen Barrett
caitlinpyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-14, 10:16 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Congrats on your amazing results! But, I have to agree that you looked great on your before picture as well! You def. look more toned and leaner now!

Quote:
somebody somewhere on here posted about how back in the day, exercise videos boasted you could change your body in a year's time, not in a week or two weeks or thirty days like it is claimed by different programs nowadays. something about that stuck with me, just reminded me that real change does not happen overnight and slow and gradual change is more desirable because it probably means that the changes will be permanent
it!

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-14, 03:57 AM  
Nuggie's Auntie

Quote:
Originally Posted by caitlinpyle View Post
y'all are just so sweet ;-) i am just overwhelmed at the support you all have shown. thank you so much for the encouragement!!!

The burning and shaking and pure struggle inherent in barre workouts is, i think, what kept me going back to them... it became addicting a little bit, the thigh work especially, followed closely by seat work. such a ridiculous burn, i thought wow, this HAS to work, right? and i just stuck with it to see. i love how engaged the muscles can get in the movements, and i am always working to have more grace and control and precision in the movements. Honestly, that comes first before any changes elsewhere. Seeing myself gain better control over my own four limbs is pretty cool

I completely agree. As wonderful as I think barre is for exercise, I think a lot of it for me is that I grew to enjoy it. I'm def. Addicted! And that craving you get for it keeps you coming back, and that is when you get results--not just pounds and inches lost, but better posture, greater flexibility, more functionality, that lalalala feeling, etc!

We do have to get over that results-in-5-minutes mentality. I did experience some pretty dramatic results my first month doing barre exclusively, but it's consistency over time that counts!

It sounds like despite your desk job you're getting in a lot of movemtn, and that's important, too!
Nuggie's Auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-14, 07:48 AM  
cherimac

Glad you are loving barre and getting great results!
Old 08-24-14, 08:24 AM  
mizach
VF Supporter

Congratulations ! Thanks for sharing your results with barre.
mizach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-14, 08:36 AM  
jackie7

Can you tell us what barre DVDs you do? And maybe a rotation? Thanks.
jackie7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
barre results, successful weight loss