Old 11-03-13, 02:07 PM  
Nuggie's Auntie

Thanks, Tifftaffy!
Nuggie's Auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-14, 11:24 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Reviving Old Thread

Hi all! I'm Reviving this thread from 2013 because I recently started the Drop Two Sizes program (from the DVD set); I'm in Phase 1, Week 3 as of today.

I've gained a couple of pounds over the first few weeks, so I'm interested to hear about those here who also struggled in the beginning but then saw progress. People on the D2S Facebook group (including VFer Sue!) have assured me that this is normal, but I would love to hear from some of the other posters here who finished the program, such as OP Emily.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-14, 11:52 AM  
Emily B
VF Supporter

I think I gave up a couple weeks before the end. My legs and arms felt too big and I got bored. I think I need more cardio than was in this program. I liked most of the workouts and I liked Rachel, and maybe if I had followed the diet I would have gotten better results.
Old 04-14-14, 11:55 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emily B View Post
I think I gave up a couple weeks before the end. My legs and arms felt too big and I got bored. I think I need more cardio than was in this program. I liked most of the workouts and I liked Rachel, and maybe if I had followed the diet I would have gotten better results.
Emily, thanks for your response. I was hoping that you had great results b/c you said that you were a lot happier and your clothes were fitting better in Phase 2; sorry that it didn't work out for you.

I actually tend to respond better to strength training and do very letter cardio, which is why I was attracted to this program in the first place. However, I usually alternate heavier lifting days with lighter weights and unweighted toning as well, so my body isn't used to this...hopefully, that will turn out to be a good thing!

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 04-14-14, 03:59 PM  
Emily B
VF Supporter

Good luck, Beth! I always want heavy lifting to work for me, but it never makes me feel my best. I'm sure if I were on a strict diet with lots of protein, I might lose the fat and have good results, but I tend to "bulk" and not feel my leanest when I do so much "heavy" weight training. I think ideally I need plenty of cardio in addition to weights, and I just don't have time in most heavy lifting programs to add enough cardio. Hope you get great results!
Old 04-14-14, 04:04 PM  
jerebo

Beth, I got through phases 1 and 2 of Drop 2 Sizes. I didn't finish Phase 3 because I was doing a "cleanse" and just was too weak to deal with the heavy lifting. I definitely got stronger; my biceps were noticeably larger (even though Rachel eschews any isolation exercises). My eating was not very good, but I was thinning out in my upper body and my abs--not where I really need to lose weight, but it's where it always comes off first. I didn't drop 2 sizes, but I think I would have had I watched my diet!
Old 04-14-14, 04:29 PM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

The book has a definite diet plan that is fairly low in calories. It's not on the DVD, and I think one has to follow the full program in order to Drop Two Sizes.You probably will need to modify your eating in some way.

All that said, I think it's a well-designed program. You do a move that revs up your heartrate before starting the weight training, and then the metabolic session afterwards. You also do a day of metabolic training. The book says you can also add in another day of cardio if you want.

Good luck!
Old 04-14-14, 07:46 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Emily, Jen, and Jane, thank you all for you replies! I really appreciate your feedback.

Emily, sounds like you and I are the opposite. Strength has always helped more with weight loss/maintenance than cardio for me, although like I said, I'm not used to lifting this heavily this often.

Jane, although I don't have the book, I've read a little of it online via Google books and talked with others on the D2S Facebook group about what the diet plan entails. I've been trying to follow the general guidelines, including high quality protein, increasing my fruit/veggie intake, and having protein shakes on D2S workout days.

Jen, your results concern me a bit! I'm actually already within a normal weight range, but I'm a pear shape, so I hold A LOT of fat on my lower body. Unfortunately, though, sometimes if I lose weight, it comes off my torso, and I start looking almost skeletal in that area--which is laughable if you could see my butt, hips, & thighs! Since D2S is supposed to be a fat loss program, I was really hoping it might target my lower body more. I guess we'll see...

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 04-14-14, 07:58 PM  
jerebo

Quote:
Originally Posted by toaster View Post
Emily, Jen, and Jane, thank you all for you replies! I really appreciate your feedback.

Jen, your results concern me a bit! I'm actually already within a normal weight range, but I'm a pear shape, so I hold A LOT of fat on my lower body. Unfortunately, though, sometimes if I lose weight, it comes off my torso, and I start looking almost skeletal in that area--which is laughable if you could see my butt, hips, & thighs! Since D2S is supposed to be a fat loss program, I was really hoping it might target my lower body more. I guess we'll see...
Beth, I definitely hold most of my weight in my lower body (and can be rather imbalanced in that regard--maybe two sizes smaller up top!). That said, this time around I had gained a little bit of weight and needed to lose some up top. I didn't really pay much attention to my lower body, but I did lose some from that area, too!

So maybe you won't have as much to lose up top as I did!

I have to say that I really liked the program. It's extremely well designed. The warm-up and foam rolling take some time, but the foam rolling was really beneficial. I want to get back to this program later, but I'm getting ready to take students on study abroad (leaving in two weeks!), so I'll have to wait until my return.

I'll be curious to hear about your results!

Tags
appetite, cosgrove, d2s, drop 2 sizes, drop two sizes, full body strength, metabolic, rachel cosgrove, water retention