Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-16-13, 09:04 PM  
Gardengirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue B View Post
I'm also in Md. and it took about 10 days to get to me, after ordering on Memorial Day weekend, so you should be fine.
Thnpanka. Still waiting on mine. Got a shipping notification on the 6th, so hopefully any day now.
Old 06-17-13, 12:52 PM  
klutze01

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddj View Post
You're welcome.

There is a different warm up for each phase, so there are three. I was afraid I'd get bored with them but I haven't. The core exercises are part of the workout. At first I felt like it wasn't enough core but you work the core while doing the other exercises so I was often as sore there as anywhere else!

HTH
Thanks again Did the first strength workout this morning & LOVED it! But I think I am going to do my own warmups from here on out, Rachel's is just too long especially since you have to add on your own stretch at the end.
Old 06-17-13, 01:24 PM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

I agree that the warm ups are too long and that doesn't even include the foam rolling that she also wants you to do. For most of people, that's just too much time to devote to a workout, especially if you do three sets.
Old 06-17-13, 01:42 PM  
Messe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane P. View Post
I agree that the warm ups are too long and that doesn't even include the foam rolling that she also wants you to do. For most of people, that's just too much time to devote to a workout, especially if you do three sets.
JMHO, but I think the warmups in most video workouts on the market lack the specificity of the ones in this set and are also too short. And again JMHO, if you're following her program and doing only four formal workouts a week, the time commitment isn't all that great.

You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have. — Maya Angelou
Messe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-13, 01:48 PM  
donnamp

I have to admit, I'm curious to see her warm-up and foam rolling technique as I'm wondering if that will actually help me have a better, safer and more productive workout. I do agree that most warm-ups on other DVDs are not specific enough for the particular workout.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-13, 02:11 PM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

Without the foam rolling, which I don't usually do on workout days unless something aches afterwards, most of the workouts come in under one hour. Rachel should've called the warmups "toning" or something Some of the exercises in them can be darn hard, like the squat-to-stands.

Drop Two Sizes, Fit Body Blueprint, STRONG Eat. Lift. Thrive. and Revamp grad

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Sue B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-13, 04:05 PM  
ddj
VF Supporter

The warm up in phase two is harder than the one in phase one. I can get my heart rate up faster and it feels like part of the workout. I can't remember the one for phase three. I previewed phase three but it's been awhile ago and all I can remember are those box jumps and jump lunges in the workouts.
Old 06-17-13, 06:54 PM  
klutze01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messe View Post
JMHO, but I think the warmups in most video workouts on the market lack the specificity of the ones in this set and are also too short. And again JMHO, if you're following her program and doing only four formal workouts a week, the time commitment isn't all that great.
I agree that the total time commitment isn't that bad but I only have 60 minutes in the morning. So I don't really have enough time for the long warmup and to add a stretch.
Old 06-17-13, 06:55 PM  
klutze01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messe View Post
I agree that the total time commitment isn't that bad but I only have 60 minutes in the morning. So I don't really have enough time for the long warmup and to add a stretch at the end.
Old 06-17-13, 08:27 PM  
Messe

Quote:
Originally Posted by klutze01 View Post
I agree that the total time commitment isn't that bad but I only have 60 minutes in the morning. So I don't really have enough time for the long warmup and to add a stretch at the end.
This may sound like heresy, but I don't add stretches to NROL/Cosgrove workouts.

You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have. — Maya Angelou
Messe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drop two sizes, pencil, pencil insertion, rachel cosgrove, ramp warm-up, warm ups, warm-up