Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-10-11, 06:48 PM  
lrb04

Another KCM winner

I just did 30MTF kickboxing and I am feeling my arms after using 1 #gloves. I thought she did a good job that I was able to catch on pretty quick. I can see why I would not want to do this daily. My shoulders are especially feeling it. How does TLC compare? I haven't found a workout of hers that I didn't like. It was a fun workout. I feel like I needed to do more of a stretch which I should have done!
lrb04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-11, 08:42 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

I think that that Workout #1 of TLC, Boxing (no kicks), is very similar to the boxing segments of Kelly's Kickboxing workout. Workout #2 is Conditioning, but there are still some punches and a cardio effect. See my review for more info!

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-11, 12:56 AM  
lrb04

Thanks Beth, you did such a nice detailed job. I be looking forward to this one also since I like kickboxing!
Old 05-11-11, 01:17 AM  
juberann

Woo-Hoo, another home run for KCM!! SO happy you like Kickboxing, Fran My favorite is the 1st workout. Make sure you check out the Ab/Core Bonus..........WOW!!! probably my favorite standing core routine of ALL time and don't forget those wonderful premixes, the Kick Mix is my favorite. Oh heck, I love everything about that DVD. It took me awhile to learn but I stayed with it until I got it and it is now my favorite KickBoxing workout
Beth is the reigning QUEEN of reviews, she nails it perfectly in all of her reviews and I for one trust her opinions without question. She has written some awesome reviews on Kelly's newest, make sure you check those out
Old 05-11-11, 04:22 AM  
lrb04

Hi Judy, when I say catching on pretty quick it means that I was moving with the rest and flubbing up a fair amount. It will take awhile until it is perfected but that how it is with me and kickboxing moves. When I really lost I am at a stand still. I love kickboxing though. Some moves are easier than others. I am not super coordinated but I think doing this helps with it.
Old 05-11-11, 04:53 AM  
lrb04

Arrow

Hi Judy, I also did the first body training 30MTF workout which I liked because it didn't use weights. I like to have variety and no weight workout is refreshing! I am going to try Lift tomorrow. What I like about Kelly's ab work is she does one move for 2 minutes, and it seems it works better than just one thing to another.
Old 05-11-11, 07:39 PM  
lrb04

I have now done all my 30MTF except the new ones. I like them all but my least favorite is Lift section 1. I liked section 2. I didn't use a barbell, and didn't like the feel of two dumbbells so I used a body bar. I will do this one again but not that frequent. I will do AWT one a lot more often. I used a stability ball for the core section. I felt the other way to difficult for me but it was fun with the stability ball. My favorites are circuit burn, muscle definition,weights and kickboxing. I like the others also. NYC and step boxings are also great! I will be buying the new ones in the future and what ever else she does. She is now one my must buy list which include Tracie Long and yeah the Firm.
Old 05-14-11, 08:15 AM  
lrb04

I tried Get Ready Step Go last night and liked it. It was not to hard to follow with her cue's. I know this is an older. I had a difficulty with a couple moves related to my to left feet. It was done I thought smoothly but I hate fast feet and did something else instead. So for those interested I have yet to find a DVD of Kelly's I didn't like. I don't have them all yet. My next buy is her new set.
Old 05-14-11, 12:10 PM  
Pascal

I recently reacquired Kelly's Kickboxing after initially buying it, trying it twice, and trading it. I wanted to see if I'd given it a fair shake. Turns out I like it!!! This time around, for some reason, when she said, "punch" - I seemed to figure out what she meant (cross, jab, etc). I think it helped that I watched and tried the tutorial beforehand. I think that made a world of difference.

Man, I really like that she does one combo of upper-body focused work, then a combo with lower-body focused work. And though the combos are two min. each, I never felt like they were rushed, nor did I feel like they went on and on. I am so glad I bought this one again!!

TLC is now my all-time favorite Kelly workout (slightly edgin out Cardio Sculpt Fitness). I love it so much. I have to force myself to not do it too often, so it's nice to have a similar workout from KCM.

I now have all of Kelly's workouts except for 30 Min to Fitness Weights. I am sure that I will probably eventually get that one too.
Old 05-14-11, 12:47 PM  
lrb04

Hi Pascal, I glad you gave kickbox a fair shake. I like her kick box step also. I want to get her 2nd kick box step as well as all her workouts. She makes it look fun and that in turn motivates me. It is great when you click with an instructor! I like variety and a lot of choices. I like 30MTF weights. This is a great workout which is even better when I short on time. I going to do the Shape of Things to Come today. With my track record I am sure I'll like it. Can't wait to try TLC and split sessions!

Tags
30 minutes to fitness, 30mtf kickboxing, kcm, kelly coffey meyer, kelly coffey-meyer