Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-06-11, 03:40 PM  
momof10

I think Bootcamp is my all time favorite of KCM, then Step Boxing and Circuit Burn and to name a fourth, it would have to be her newsest, TLC. I keep going to the Bootcamp one. I have no idea why it's a least favorite for so many people. I remember reading on a thread here that someone didn't like it because she did push ups in the warm up. They couldn't get past that.

Cheryl
momof10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-11, 03:46 PM  
A-Bot
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof10 View Post
I think Bootcamp is my all time favorite of KCM, then Step Boxing and Circuit Burn and to name a fourth, it would have to be her newsest, TLC. I keep going to the Bootcamp one. I have no idea why it's a least favorite for so many people. I remember reading on a thread here that someone didn't like it because she did push ups in the warm up. They couldn't get past that.

Cheryl

Do you think this is one of KCM tougher ones?
Old 05-06-11, 03:46 PM  
cherimac

I love Kelly's Step Boxing workouts, I think I'm in the minority. And, Ready, Step, Go is my favorite step workout.
Old 05-06-11, 03:50 PM  
mtnmom

Bootcamp initially got high praises. It seems like it wasn't until the next batch was announced that the dissenters revealed themselves.

The weight work is not traditional. It has dynamic moves and some moves are kettlebell inspired. I've done the all strength premix several times and it gets me winded.
Old 05-06-11, 04:02 PM  
GeekyGirl

I like Bootcamp ok, but I don't reach for it very often. I'm not sure why. Maybe I need to pull it out & give it another try & try some of the premixes. I do love the bonus stretch segment!
GeekyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-11, 04:04 PM  
caligurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
I'm not sure why I didn't click with Bootcamp, but I did keep it to try again. I'm just not a fan of bootcamp workouts. I may just try a cardio only premix to see if I enjoy it more.

Sherry
i love bootcamp style workouts (cathe's original bootcamp is one of my favorites.... i know i've written this before: but i can't quite put my finger on why kelly's 30 mtf bootcamp isn't a favorite of mine? perhaps the 2 minutes... i get bored? i dunno.... i'm gonna pull it out again (it's been a while since i've done it) and give it a go again!
it is NOT against the rules to say DIET on this forum!
-----
"VFers have a right to post negative opinions about an instructor,
and there is not a limit on the number of times they do so".
- WWWendy

-----
"...no matter how unpopular you perceive your opinion to be, we guarantee you
are not the only one here who holds that opinion, and you should feel free to express it."
- WWWendy via forum guidelines
caligurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-11, 04:27 PM  
KathAL79

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekyGirl View Post
I like Bootcamp ok, but I don't reach for it very often. I'm not sure why. Maybe I need to pull it out & give it another try & try some of the premixes. I do love the bonus stretch segment!
Ditto, except that I remember not liking the bonus stretch (can't quite remember why, except it may have missed an area I really wanted to get into, but since I usually supplement stretches with other things like yoga this isn't a negative for me).

Note: I have had a professional relationship with a vendor of health and fitness books and media. For details please see my profile.
KathAL79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-11, 04:28 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-Bot View Post
Well it has pushups and burpees, but there's a modifier of course. It's not one of her easiest, but I think all KCMs work well for intermediate to low advanced. And as she always says, if it gets easier grab heavier weights.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-11, 04:31 PM  
Karen Beckwith
VF Supporter

I've never done the stretch on Bootcamp. I have a 20-minutes stretch routine that I do every day so I don't usually do added stretch routines on DVD's.

"Comfort zones are very often expanded by discomfort." - Mimi Solaire
Karen Beckwith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-11, 07:03 PM  
momof10

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-Bot View Post
Yea, I would say it's a tougher one, but I also think it's fun!!! It just seems to flow so well for me. I always do the two workouts premix. I love to work out and I always want the fun factor. I think it's tougher than Circuit Burn, but i think Circuit Burn is fun, too. What I love about her workouts is that they go by really fast, even when I do the full hour. They definitely aren't clock watchers. If I find myself looking at the clock during any workout, I usually never do that one again.

Cheryl
momof10 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kcm, kelly coffey meyer, kelly coffey-meyer