Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-05-11, 03:12 AM  
lrb04

Thanks Judy. I like having a modifier also but am kind of used to Tracie by herself from her 4 fitprime workouts that Anna Benson produced. I am glad that you convinced me to try Kelly. It's great when you click with an instructor. I think she has an unique style. Today when I was doing her workout I thought these movements are sequenced differently. That is why my arms were sore. I have to be careful on how much weight I use on my upper body though from a dislocated shoulder from over 10 years ago. It is kind of scary at times when I move a certain way it pops out. One time I was lifting a kettlebell and it popped out a moved in a weird position. I snapped it back in and was sore for weeks. Our bodies have a way of telling us to be careful. Kelly's moves seem safe which is a plus.
lrb04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-11, 06:34 AM  
kariev34

Thanks for the review. I haven't done this one yet but have it on schedule for Saturday. After your comments I can't wait to try it. I love KCM's workouts and have been doing her workouts exclusively lately.
kariev34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-11, 08:13 AM  
lrb04

Hi karlev34, you will like it! One thing I like about it is a different way she works out the legs in this one. She does moves in different patterns that don't use heavy weights on the lower body. It is nice for a change of pace.
Old 05-05-11, 08:57 AM  
mtnmom

Fran, I'm glad you found an instructor you click with, as I'm a big Kelly fan also.

I'm always a bit puzzled by so many comments about 30 Minutes to Fitness Kickboxing as being too choreographed and difficult to learn. Kelly's combos are short and repeated for two minutes, and then you never have to do that combo again. There's a tutorial where she shows you each combo at half speed, plus a small pop-up prior to each combo to remind you what's coming up next. The second workout took me a bit longer to master than the first, but neither of them are what I consider "complex".

I sold Kelly's first step boxing DVD (and also Ready Step Go), not because the choreography was complex but because of the lightning fast tempo. It felt frantic to me.

Now Amy Bento's kickboxing DVDs are to me, complex, and I never can figure out her cueing. But many here just love them. I've given up on them (Amy's kickbox DVDs, not VFers ).
Old 05-05-11, 09:08 AM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Happy early birthday Fran and may you LOVE your new workouts!!!
The 10 KCM 30 Minute workouts can't be beat, and I also love NYC and Shape of Things to Come (now called Complete Cardio Sculpting). They are all amazing tools and wonderfully put together.

I haven't clicked with Kelly's other early releases -- like Diane said, they were too frantic for me. Watching Kelly hop/bounce around on those I was reminded of the energizer bunny! But even Kelly says you can do them without a step as floor cardio. I'd imagine that would make them more manageable.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-11, 09:19 AM  
Rhonda

Does Kelly's NYC, shape of things to come and her older kickboxing have premixes? I love her 30 minute series and have all of them.

Rhonda
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-11, 10:04 AM  
mtnmom

NYC and Shape of Things to Come have premixes, but they aren't as well done as the 30 Minute to Fitness premixes (fewer of them or just sections of the workout).
Old 05-05-11, 10:07 AM  
spufflez

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnmom View Post
Fran, I'm glad you found an instructor you click with, as I'm a big Kelly fan also.

I'm always a bit puzzled by so many comments about 30 Minutes to Fitness Kickboxing as being too choreographed and difficult to learn. Kelly's combos are short and repeated for two minutes, and then you never have to do that combo again. There's a tutorial where she shows you each combo at half speed, plus a small pop-up prior to each combo to remind you what's coming up next. The second workout took me a bit longer to master than the first, but neither of them are what I consider "complex".

I sold Kelly's first step boxing DVD (and also Ready Step Go), not because the choreography was complex but because of the lightning fast tempo. It felt frantic to me.

Now Amy Bento's kickboxing DVDs are to me, complex, and I never can figure out her cueing. But many here just love them. I've given up on them (Amy's kickbox DVDs, not VFers ).
I just previewed the kickbox, didn't do it yet, but it seems that Kelly doesn't cue during the kickboxing workout. It seems like you have to memorize the whole workout before attempting it. I don't have the kind of time to invest in learning it, so it sits on my shelf unused.
spufflez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-11, 10:08 AM  
alisoncooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnmom View Post
NYC and Shape of Things to Come have premixes, but they aren't as well done as the 30 Minute to Fitness premixes (fewer of them or just sections of the workout).
That's what I was going to say.
NYC has premixes but they don't flow very well IMO. If you are familiar with what's coming next and have things laid out ready to go, then you'd probably be fine. But the premixes on the 30MTF series are a little more new-user friendly.
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-11, 11:16 AM  
lrb04

Thanks Lucky. Hi Diane, I already bought her 1st Kick box DVD, so I will see how that goes. I have all her 30MTF except the new ones which I buy later. So I will not get Ready step go if it is to frantic. I want to try shape of things to come though! I think NYC flows so well ( and what you said about the premixes ), I will just do as it is intend. I know what you mean about Amy Bento kick box workouts. I have them but don't do them often, and I am not going to purchase in the future because I grown a little tired of them. It is funny how sometimes you fall out of love of an instructor. I am not advanced exerciser any longer. I like working out but am more careful not to overdo anymore. So that is why I like Kelly, because she seems user friendly. (beginners to advance can do them)

Tags
kcm, kelly coffey meyer, kelly coffey-meyer, new you coming, nyc