Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-29-11, 11:42 PM  
KathAL79

Do the lower body and floorwork portions of Split Sessions back to back, and then do a few kettlebell swings. Yeah, I had trouble walking the next day. Yowza!

This is probably one of my favorite Kelly sets for lower body work period. It's not perfect - the pace is a wee bit fast in that big Romanian DL / squat / lunge combo, that inner knee rotation move (forget what she calls it) is awkward, the floorwork is meh for me (but then I don't normally care for much floorwork) - but as someone who really likes to get in there and get at those lower body muscles with some weight for at least part of my routine this suits me much more than some of her other stuff.

Note: I have had a professional relationship with a vendor of health and fitness books and media. For details please see my profile.
KathAL79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-11, 06:12 AM  
bearcatfan

Morning update - I am sore from the middle of my thighs to the middle of my butt. My poor backside, lol.
Old 04-30-11, 06:42 AM  
Tugger31

Can someone give me a list of the lower body exercises for the main workout and any lower body premixes? I have some knee issues with certain exercise so would like some specifics before I order this one, as tempting as the reviews sound, I dont want to buy yet another lower body workout that collects dust.

Thanks!
Tugger31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-11, 07:11 AM  
lfcjasp
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
Alison, the sandbox is for your daughters-you deserve a gift just for you

Sherry
I agree!!!
Old 04-30-11, 07:14 AM  
lfcjasp
Exchange Moderator

BTW, I hope y'all are happy...just put a couple Kelly's in my wish list over at Mary's

Old 04-30-11, 08:44 AM  
bearcatfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tugger31 View Post
Can someone give me a list of the lower body exercises for the main workout and any lower body premixes? I have some knee issues with certain exercise so would like some specifics before I order this one, as tempting as the reviews sound, I dont want to buy yet another lower body workout that collects dust.

Thanks!
Caligurl gives a good breakdown of both here:

http://forum.videofitness.com/showth...split+sessions
Old 04-30-11, 09:27 AM  
mizach
VF Supporter

I am going to order this from Mary.
My boombsey need some major work, hahaha. This week, Paul Katami and Tony Horton made me so sore over there so I know it's time to take action.
mizach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-11, 05:05 PM  
FitzFour

I did the Lower Body Split of Kelly's on Friday morning, and it's painful to sit on my butt today. Funny thing is, I was about to tell a friend yesterday that I thought this workout felt easy (I go very light on weights for lower body, as I tend to bulk), but I remember that when I think they feel that way, is usually when I feel it the most. These DOMS remind me of what I get from barre workouts or Squeeze! I love it!!!!!
FitzFour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-11, 05:22 PM  
Dbie

Has anyone who has done this one done any of the BBL? I am back and forth between which one one would be a better purchase for that oh so hard to reach area. Any comparisons?
Dbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-11, 05:32 PM  
juberann

Dbie~ I had a couple workouts from BBL awhile back and quickly traded them. They just weren't for me but,of course, that is strictly based on personal preference.
I won't be much help here and I am sure someone will be posting with a more helpful and informed response but just wanted to say I LOVE KCM Spilt Sessions!! the lower body workout is by far the best lower body workout I have ever owned (and I have a ton of DVDs). I love everything about it and would HIGHLY recommend it (but, keep in mind, I am a huge Kelly fan!!).

Tags
30 minutes to fitness, kcm, kelly coffey meyer, kelly coffey-meyer, lower body, split sessions