Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-26-11, 06:51 PM  
lrb04

Smile Kudos to Juberann(Judy) for enabling me to try KCM

Thanks Judy! To all KCM fans, I did all of Circuit Burn and loved it! I will try Bootcamp tomorrow. I will be purchasing NYC but would like to try just another just toning tape. I hope to get all that interest me over sometime. I liked Kelly because she seems down to earth. I did follow Lauren for jumping jacks because when I do them they hurt my knees. It is great that there is a modifier. Her team seem like real women which is refreshing. I really got a good workout. I know I am late to the party but glad I finally joined. Again thanks Judy! By the way was that coffee on the table? Also I love the idea of 30" workouts as well as longer ones.
lrb04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-11, 07:27 PM  
Fitmama

I have just started with KCM too this past week and I really like her. Nothing prissy about her- just get down and work out! Luv it! I like the 30 minute length too although I usually workout for 60 but it allows you to mix and match.

Live Kidney Donor April 2014 - Donate and save a life!
Fitmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-11, 08:39 PM  
juberann

Awwww, Fran, honey, it is my pleasure and I am so happy you loved Circuit Burn, I kinda knew you would! I never, ever hesitant recommending Kelly's workouts (for those who are looking for her style workouts) because she provides consistantly great workouts (with awesome music and a great modifier) in 30 MINUTES!! what is there not to love???
I was thrilled to come on here tonight and see this post, I was thinking about you and wondering if you had gotten your workout yet (and if you had tried it). If you like Circuit Burn,Fran, you will LOVE TLC!! and I used to modifiy those jumping jacks at first but I can actually do them now so hang in there (unless your knee issues truly prevent you from ever doing them).

Oh, by the way, NYC is mostly toning and the workouts are longer. It is also quite advanced. Kelly's offerings prior to her 30 MTF series are wonderful but don't have as many premix options ,she completely changed her format when she started her 30 minute series. I have never done any of her StepBoxing workouts because they look too complicated to me, however, I may try trading for one soon (what the heck??).
Old 04-26-11, 08:58 PM  
neatski

I really enjoy KCM's Bootcamp. I like her no-nonsense approach and REALLY appreciate the 30 minute workouts when I'm short on time.

The most effective workout is the one you're not doing right now!

neatski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-11, 10:22 PM  
lrb04

Hi Judy, I want to buy TLC but I will like to wait until Mary has it with 10off if she ever does because I want to buy more of her older DVDs. I can only buy 2 more now and looking for a tone one or whatever else. So what of her other 30 MTF beside her new ones would you get? I going to try NYC to see if I like her older ones also. Thanks again. I value your opinion. Bootcamp, can't wait to try!
Old 04-26-11, 10:51 PM  
Vee

My favorite strength workout from KCM is 30 Minutes Weights. While she says to go "heavy", heavy is a relative term. I consider this endurance training as opposed to a mass-building workout. The active rests between sets of weight training of standing abs are fun and very effective. This is a super-versatile DVD that lets you choose between low impact cardio / floor abs / standing abs for your active rests between sets. All you need are two pairs of dumbbells.

The rest are great too. In order of preference:
a. Weights
b. LIFT (Powerscuplt on this DVD is fabulous even if you dont want to do Olympic lifting)
c. NYC
d. Muscle Definition
e. Body Training (You can use weights in the first lower body workout for most exercises even if Kelly is not)

I have yet to do Split Sessions so I dont yet know where it ranks.
Vee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-11, 11:15 PM  
lrb04

Thanks Vee, The weight one sounds good. I going to decide which 2 to buy now then I look into the others when I do.
Old 04-26-11, 11:24 PM  
juberann

I agree with Vee, 30 MTF Weights (the first one in this series) is excellent! That is the workout that got me hooked on Kelly. GREAT standing ab work in that one!! 30 MTF Muscle Definition complements that one beautifully, as well. But, if I were you, Weights would be my next purchase.
Fran, please post your thoughts on NYC when you get a chance,ok? Curious to hear what you think
Old 04-26-11, 11:26 PM  
juberann

Oh yeah, I also wanted to second what Vee said regarding L.I.F.T. I think many were put off by Kelly's Olympic Lifting workout (just didn't seem to go over too well) but the second workout on that DVD, PowerSculpting, is FABULOUS!! so don't let the Olympic Lifting turn you off, this DVD is well worth having (and I do plan on trying OL someday).
Old 04-26-11, 11:31 PM  
lrb04

Hi Judy, I think I buy the first 30MTF weight one and NYC. I going to order it later this week so I try it next week and let you know soon after. I won't forget to let you know. I am so glad that I tried Kelly. All thanks for your reviews and commments. It will fit in nicely with all my other DVDs.

Tags
30 minutes to fitness, kcm, kelly coffey meyer, kelly coffey-meyer