Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-16-13, 08:34 AM  
Sophie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emily B View Post
Today I started week 2 of phase 2, and I did strength 2. This afternoon I put on my jeans from last fall for the first time and they are so tight in the legs. My thighs feel massive. I'm wondering if I should just go back to the barre :-(
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genevieve M View Post
This swelling thing is intriguing to me...maybe I haven't pushed myself enough recently to experience this.
Key information:

Duration
[I]Muscles begin to swell about two hours after exercise. Swelling peaks on the fourth day, then gradually subsides, returning to normal seven to eleven days after a workout. .
Emily, given the information Genevieve provided, are you able to tell whether your thighs feel big because they've actually grown muscle after several weeks of training, or it's the transient swelling phase mentioned? Because if it's actually muscle, and you don't like it, then possibly those really are the results of the program, and the program is not suitable for your own expectations and goals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue B View Post
The phase 3 RAMP is nearly identical to the NROL for Life RAMP. For me, it greases my joints, gets my heartrate up (almost like a mini-cardio segment) and gets me ready to lift.
I ended up buying the D2S book because I was getting dead bored of the NROL RAMP, which doesn't change throughout the phases. I used the phase 1 RAMP yesterday and it did make a nice change. It is certainly similar in overall feel so it makes a good sub in.

I balked initially at doing that much stuff before lifting (Core performance and Strong Curves do similar things) but I've become a convert, because even if I don't particularly LIKE it, I agree that it's great preparation, and even more important, as you say, for - erm, mature joints.

be as relaxed as you can be, as you do what you gotta do.

~erich schiffman
Sophie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
appetite, cosgrove, d2s, drop 2 sizes, drop two sizes, full body strength, metabolic, rachel cosgrove, water retention