Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-28-11, 12:03 PM  
unfetteredpast

Want KCM strength DVDs recommendations

I use mostly Cathe's DVDs for strength training. I like her style and I like the premix options, but I think I'm ready to venture out. Can you recommend which of Kelly Coffey-Meyer's workouts I'd like? I enjoy circuit style workouts, but I also like doing strength-only workouts.
unfetteredpast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-11, 12:32 PM  
caligurl

30 minutes to weights
30 minutes split sessions
NYC (new you coming)
it is NOT against the rules to say DIET on this forum!
-----
"VFers have a right to post negative opinions about an instructor,
and there is not a limit on the number of times they do so".
- WWWendy

-----
"...no matter how unpopular you perceive your opinion to be, we guarantee you
are not the only one here who holds that opinion, and you should feel free to express it."
- WWWendy via forum guidelines
caligurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-11, 12:34 PM  
alisoncooks

My fave: NYC
Used to love Muscle Def. but I can't seem to get into it lately.
I'm very interested in Split Sessions now...
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-11, 12:34 PM  
cam522

My favorites are 30 Minutes to Fitness Muscle Definition and New You Coming (NYC).

...Cheryl
cam522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-11, 12:36 PM  
kariev34

Quote:
Originally Posted by unfetteredpast View Post
I use mostly Cathe's DVDs for strength training. I like her style and I like the premix options, but I think I'm ready to venture out. Can you recommend which of Kelly Coffey-Meyer's workouts I'd like? I enjoy circuit style workouts, but I also like doing strength-only workouts.
Her new split session workouts are great as well as her "weights" and "muscle definition" workouts. I really like her circuit and bootcamp workout as well. The great thing is, all of these have loads of premixes on them so you have so many options. NYC looks amazing (just received this one but have only previewed it). On her site and on Marys site there are great clips to give u a good feel of her workouts. I'm also a cathe devotee but wanted something new. Kelly is definately up there on my list with cathe. HTH
kariev34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-11, 12:44 PM  
isebelleg44

Her newest is my favorite! 30 minutes split sessions
isebelleg44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-11, 12:56 PM  
pattyd0319

I haven't done the Splits yet but I'll get there. I love NYC and Muscle Definition. I did Muscle Definition workout 1 last night and in just under 40 minutes including warmup, she hits everything.

Most of her strength training workouts are circuit style where she alternates moves and then repeats. She doesn't rest for a minute or if she does, she actually sneaks another move in. She squeezes in so much in a short amount of time, I never feel cheated.
pattyd0319 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-11, 12:58 PM  
mtnmom

Quote:
I enjoy circuit style workouts,
Bootcamp - More cardio of than TSTTC, compound weight movements - certainly not the same-old, same-old
The Shape of Things to Come (Complete Cardio Sculpting) - Short cardio bursts between more isolated weight work
Quote:
but I also like doing strength-only workouts.
NYC - Moves quickly from one move to the next, most of the lower body work is unweighted, has a bit of a cardio effect.
Split Sessions - Upper body/Lower body split, great premixes, really works everything thoroughly.

I'm a bit of the oddball in that I'm less enthused with Circuit Burn or Muscle Endurance. I certainly like both of them, but the others mentioned above are my favorites. Weights (her original 30 Minutes to Fitness release), doesn't have enough leg work to be a complete routine for me but I like the standing ab work.
Old 05-12-11, 05:28 PM  
YogaGal

Quote:
I enjoy circuit style workouts, but I also like doing strength-only workouts.
If you like circuit AND strength, Circuit Burn will give you both. There are two 30-minute circuit workouts, and Kelly gives you a premix for Legs and Sculpting (all strength).

I also recommend Weights, Muscle Definition, and her new Split Sessions. I have done both the upper and lower workouts on SS, and tomorrow plan to do the premix that combines upper & lower. Kelly gives you so many options and Lauren is there for great modifying moves. Yes, I'm a big Kelly fan.
Old 05-12-11, 06:09 PM  
juberann

I am a HUGE Kelly fan and I got hooked with the first 30 MTF workout, Weights! it is an excellent weights workout that hits your entire body. Muscle Definition is also excellent but, imo, Kelly outdid herself with her newest, Split Sessions lots of premixes, a great modifier, I love everything about it.
Choosing just one KCM workout would literally be impossible for me to do, with all 10 of the 30 MTF series DVDs, I truly have a complete system, with all the premix options, my workout combinations are endless. I would go to totalfitnessdvds and watch some long clips (you can find clips on Kelly's site, coffetfit, as well) and see what you might like. ALL of Kelly's workouts are different, she never "recycles" material and her videos are worth every penny

Tags
30 minutes to fitness, favorite kcm, kcm, kcm strength, kelly coffey meyer, kelly coffey-meyer