Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-05-11, 02:07 PM  
juberann

"User friendly", I like that description, Fran, and I agree with you. Kelly really understands that not all of us are at an advanced level (some not even at an Intermediate level) and she somehow has managed to make her workouts safe and effective for all of us. I think that was the first thing I noticed about her 30 MTF series and I like that I can actually see Lauren most of the time. There are workouts out there where there is a modifier but the camera is almost never on that person, what good does that do?
I think I mentioned I felt Kickboxing was a little tough for me to learn at first and I am glad mtnmom said something about how she is puzzled often when she reads that statement. I would never want to turn anyone off to buying this one because if you like KickBoxing, this one is the cream of the crop and a very fun workout. Just keep in mind I am the Queen of two left feet and have nearly NO patience when learning a workout. I also get frustrated very easily, that is the only reason I found this one to be a bit of a challage. But it really is doable and I think Kelly kept it relatively simple. I have had other KickBoxing workouts by other instructors in the past and this one is definitely the most "user friendly" of them.
Old 05-05-11, 03:15 PM  
Roxie65

I too am a big fan of Kellys currently doing only her workouts this month and I was wondering if any one can tell me what size wts. she uses in NYC and Shape of Things to Come?
Roxie65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-11, 04:08 PM  
mtnmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxie65 View Post
I too am a big fan of Kellys currently doing only her workouts this month and I was wondering if any one can tell me what size wts. she uses in NYC and Shape of Things to Come?
Roxie, I think she uses 5's and 8's. Give me a minute or two and I'll double-check....

... Yes, I was right. She uses 5's and 8's - I use 10's for the chest work in TSoTTC, it just feels better.
Old 05-05-11, 04:45 PM  
Roxie65

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnmom View Post
Roxie, I think she uses 5's and 8's. Give me a minute or two and I'll double-check....

... Yes, I was right. She uses 5's and 8's - I use 10's for the chest work in TSoTTC, it just feels better.
Thank You I am going to do NYC on Saturday.
Roxie65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-11, 04:49 PM  
mtnmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxie65 View Post
Thank You I am going to do NYC on Saturday.
Have a single 15lb dumbbell out then. Kelly doubles up on the 8's to do one-arm rows. I think it's more comfortable to just hold the 15.
Old 05-05-11, 06:10 PM  
lrb04

Well I just did kickboxing step 1, and really liked it. Diane, I see what you me about it being a little frenzy. I think it is because Kelly is really bouncy which I was not. Lauren did some modified moves but mostly was with the rest. Kelly cues well. I had some mistakes but was able to catch on fairly quick. I could see if you were not used to step it would be a little harder but I don't think it would take that long to follow her moves. The step was about 33" and cardio weights with the box 15" . Total workout 53". I did the push up without the weights on the bench. I hate push ups but I endure them. They say the things you don't like the most are suppose to be needed most. Ha Ha
lrb04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-11, 06:12 PM  
lrb04

Oh by the way how does her other step compare to this workout? The ones prior to 30MTF. Thanks
lrb04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-11, 08:04 PM  
BurnRN

Funny. I guess we're having a NYC party on Saturday because it's on my schedule as well! This will be my first time doing it so I am looking forward to it.
BurnRN is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kcm, kelly coffey meyer, kelly coffey-meyer, new you coming, nyc