Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-25-13, 08:58 AM  
Bearybuff

Talk Me In Or Out of Drop Two Sizes

I'm teetering. The sale price is good. I'm really enjoying shorter workout. There hasn't been any breakdowns that I've seen of the workouts. I hear she gives a lot of form pointers and I like that since my leg work probably could be more effective. I have a tendency to follow band wagons, though....

What has the system done for you so far? Pluses? Minuses? You can dis-enable me too, if you like.
Bearybuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-13, 09:07 AM  
twinkletoes

For $30, just get it. You can't really lose.

There will be no dis-enabling here.
Old 05-25-13, 09:36 AM  
ellaenchanted

I wish there was a longer clip. I don't really get a sense of what the program is about.
ellaenchanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-13, 09:39 AM  
violingal3

I could be way off, because between the clip and the thread on this set, I still don't have a good sense of what they're about. I like the idea of slower, more controlled weight workouts, plus mixing weights with kettlebells and throwing in the foam roller...is this kind of a version of DeltaFit directed more towards a female audience?
violingal3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-13, 10:01 AM  
neatski

Irrelevant post, but when I saw the thread title I was thoroughly confused and thought the poster may not be a native English speaker

The most effective workout is the one you're not doing right now!

neatski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-13, 03:50 PM  
glamgal
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatski View Post
Irrelevant post, but when I saw the thread title I was thoroughly confused and thought the poster may not be a native English speaker
When I read the title, I thought the OP wanted advice on whether or not she should try to drop two dress sizes.
Old 05-26-13, 06:41 PM  
killoffsonny

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatski View Post
I thought she wanted us to talk her in or out of wanting to lose two dress sizes..........like doesn't she know if she needs or wants that already?
Old 05-25-13, 12:42 PM  
Exercise Diva

I think it's the best money I've spent this year honestly. I generally do not like rotations and commitments like this but I think the workouts are great and very well thought out. What i also love is that while many weight workouts leave my joints sore and require a lot of post-workout stretching, I don't find that to be the case with these workouts. She builds in a lot of stretching throughout the workout and I think the foam roller helps a lot too. The only negative I can see potentially is that I will have to continually go up in weights to remain challenged (maybe not - it's still early yet for me) so there could be a cost/space commitment there. So far i use 10's, 15s, and 20s and supplement with 18 lb and 22 lb kettlebells. Hope this helps.

Joan
Exercise Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-13, 01:11 PM  
Getfit

I couldn't pass up the price so I am in
Old 05-25-13, 01:51 PM  
slysam

I am tempted to bite on this one too. For people who have it, how similar are the book workouts to the DVD's? I kind of like paper workouts for strength training, I've discovered, but my ideal paper workout is one that is supplemented by a video or video clips so I can see the movements and pacing demonstrated at least once.
slysam is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
d2s, drop two sizes, rachel cosgrove