Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-05-20, 03:17 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hello all,

I did Jessica's Walk Strong 3 Barre Sculpt and that was much more challenging than the one I did from the transformation set! Towards the end the standing leg is on fire! ;-) I also did Tracey's Booty Barre Beginner's and Beyond Abs and Thigh bonus workout. Tough stuff, again towards the last five minutes of the exercises.

That storm was crazy yesterday evening. High winds with some rain, and enough force to knock a tree down in our front yard! I'm thankful it didn't fall towards the street and block the road, and also that it didn't hit the house (or neighbors!) Missed our sunroom by a couple feet, though!

April Focus:
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-20, 05:24 PM  
RHend

Oh my....I think I did too much too soon. I am SORE all over today!!! Taking today off and only stretching.

Hope everyone is doing well!
Old 08-05-20, 07:15 PM  
Sollamyn

Uh, are you sure you guys are 'restarting'? You seem like superwomen to me. Today, I took a 15-minute walk and I thought I was the bees knees!

Anyway, just kidding around, but I am frustrated that it's taking me so long to get back in action. One day at a time, I guess.

Donna
Old 08-06-20, 04:54 AM  
dlb

Another 1 1/2 of weeding. We have large beds that surround our house with 2 levels in one area. The dirt (clay) is horrible & is so compacted. I do feel strong this year but I'm not really.

Debbie
dlb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-20, 06:07 AM  
Cher

Went for about an hour walk yesterday then came home and did a few stretches. Weather here was perfect yesterday. Couldn’t face going in my basement to do a workout with it so nice outside. Shut the AC off and opened the windows!

Pam - Yikes that is scaring about the tree falling that close to your house!
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-20, 10:16 AM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi all,

I'm also going to be doing some type of restorative stretching today. Feeling like I need to treat myself but haven't decided which DVD yet.

When I was in MN., I did lots of weeding, also. I found it very meditative but annoying at the same time. I could easily spend two hours outside at a time, and then wonder where the time went. It's a good workout actually but leaves me a bit stiff. Now in RI, my landscapers do most of the weeding but I still do some and have been doing more planting and gardening this year. Debbie, kudos to you!

Back to post my workout later!

April Focus:
Old 08-06-20, 03:50 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hello everyone,

Today I did Jane Adams Gentle Yoga Desk and Computer Relief workout as well as her Lying Practice from the same DVD. Love both of these and it's been a while since I've done much yoga (gentle or otherwise.) I also got some Pilates in with Mari Winsor Lower Body Pilates (hip workout.) Felt wonderful to take it easy today!

April Focus:
Old 08-06-20, 04:50 PM  
RHend

I'm feeling much less sore today so I will be moving on to day #5 360 Abs. It just shows how out of shape I am (or how sneaky Jessica's Barefoot Fusion Sculpt is), that I was completely unable to do anything yesterday but stretch!

Pam - So glad you are safe after that storm and that tree fell! About 6 years ago, when I still lived in Ohio, a 75 foot tall oak tree fell in our yard...luckily it only took out our shed and fence, completely missing our house and the neighbor's house. They sure can do some damage tho!

Donna - Hang in there and just do what you can. It took me a long time to get to this point and I am still struggling! Anything we do is progress

Debbie - Wow...so much weeding! I know how hard it is to weed in soil with lots of clay. You have a lot of determination and patience!

Edited to add: Well, 360 Abs was a bit too much for me today. It moves too quick for me in some parts, so I just went at my own pace. About 10 minutes in, I realized I was still too sore so I walked and did sidesteps for the rest of the standing part. When they went to the floor, I did my stretching. Maybe if I make it thru the whole program (with more rest days) I will do much better.
Old 08-06-20, 08:09 PM  
LAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sollamyn View Post
Uh, are you sure you guys are 'restarting'? You seem like superwomen to me. Today, I took a 15-minute walk and I thought I was the bees knees!

Anyway, just kidding around, but I am frustrated that it's taking me so long to get back in action. One day at a time, I guess.

Donna
I'm right there with you Donna!

Pam, even though we are very far from the ocean, we had some strong winds at our house too as Isaias moved up the east coast. I'm glad you didn't suffer any damage from the tree that fell. We recently had a tree company come by and cut down a row of really tall pine trees that towered over one end of our house. If we hadn't, I'm pretty sure they would have come down during the storm and it wouldn't have been pretty.

After restarting again on Monday, I managed to do nothing on Tuesday or Wednesday and I have no good excuse for why. Tonight I clocked 46 minutes on the elliptical and then I did a short resistance band & tubing workout from a book.

I dug out my old Fitbit Zip, but even with a new battery it doesn't want to work. The poor thing has been ignored for so long, it probably died of loneliness.
LAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-20, 04:11 AM  
dlb

Yesterday was another 1 1/2 weeding + mowing. I'm getting there - time to move to another area that needs re-weeding.
dlb is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
miracle mile