Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-06-20, 10:44 AM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Horusosiris, I was literally just coming here to ask if you'd done this one! I watched the clip and it looked really good. Thanks for the review!!
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-20, 11:45 AM  
fanofladyvols

horusosiris I am so glad Cathe gets tired and shows it. Makes her more human Thanks for posting.

She also posted in Instagram about knowing how important mobility was because of her knee injury to one leg and surgery to the other knee. I'm hoping future series will show modifiers on impact and include more mobility routines.

I found this wall routine for shoulder, chest and back. The girl misidentifies a hip stretch as a hip flexor stretch. Her delivery is not real polished however the routine feels great for an upper body warmup or cooldown stretch. I'm sharing to see if you all agree that it feels great as well
Hannah Lebrun mobility workout (also Day 13 on Amazon prime under the horrid title of 30 day bikini body challenge)
https://youtu.be/fnQNg26ZZzE

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-20, 06:04 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

You Watulans who love step MUST try Kat Gates-Buettner on YouTube. I did her Hip-Hop Step today and WHAT A BLAST! I posted about this in another thread but her cueing is impeccable and there's plenty of repetition so you really 'get' everything. I never had one staring-at-the-screen-with-my-jaw-hanging-open moment and felt like I was just dancing away. So much fun!! Thank you, Kat, shout out for sharing your creativity with the world!

Okay, just had to share.
Old 08-06-20, 06:09 PM  
manleym

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittybug View Post
You Watulans who love step MUST try Kat Gates-Buettner on YouTube. I did her Hip-Hop Step today and WHAT A BLAST! I posted about this in another thread but her cueing is impeccable and there's plenty of repetition so you really 'get' everything. I never had one staring-at-the-screen-with-my-jaw-hanging-open moment and felt like I was just dancing away. So much fun!! Thank you, Kat, shout out for sharing your creativity with the world!

Okay, just had to share.
Thanks for the review Kittybug! I've subscribed to her channel and want to try some of her workouts. Maybe next week!

Let me know when you are doing Vytas and which workout. Other Vytas fans, join us!! Non-Vytas fans, join us!!!

Today was Cardio Slam and Rudy Mettia Asana Butter. Liked the variety in Cardio Slam and using just the platform for the step portion. It was a nice change of pace after RWH and ICE, where Cathe uses an 8 or 10 inch step. Wish the music was better in this series. There are only a few songs that make me twitch, so most of it isn't unbearable. Just not as fun as previous series, which I remember reading.

Tomorrow is F-R-I-D-A-Y!!!!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-20, 06:35 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Hey Fierce Fitness Friends! aka Watulans, I guess! I hope everyone is having a wonderful day.

manleym, you and I were sort of workout twins this morning. I also did Cardio Slam, though I had the reaction that was mentioned yesterday -- this is probably not a favorite for me. I remember I got it because I had just discovered Cardio Party and wanted to find something like that. Cardio Slam is not really it. It was ok, but not that much fun. I did like some moves better than others, of course. I followed that with Forged by Fire "My Kingdom for a Horse" which was all about chair and warrior 3. Lots of balance work. I really liked it!! I am really loving the yoga and now have to decide about giving the real Travis Eliot streaming a try -- Inner Dimension, I think it's called. I think he only offers a one week free trial. I may wait until my three months of Udaya is up, though I'm thinking I may pay to extend since I'm enjoying it so much.

kittybug, I'm going to give that youtube stepper a try! I saw the other thread and she sounds great! Next cardio day.....

Oh, Linda, thanks for that mobility pointer! I'm going to check that out.

TTFN.....
Old 08-06-20, 07:22 PM  
ChelePA

Quote:

Okay, just had to share.
I may give this a try tomorrow. Fun Friday!!! Thanks for the review.

Today my car needed repairs due to a recall. It was going to take all day. They offered me a shuttle but I decided to walk home. My exercise for the day. It was 5 miles and the last mile was mostly uphill. When it was time to pick it up, my husband was running late. I could’ve called a few friends but decided to do a return trip on foot. My daughter refused to join me. Haha. So I definitely got my steps in today.
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-20, 09:05 AM  
ChelePA

Quote:

Okay, just had to share.
I agree!!! Did this one today...so much fun! It's rare that I like another step instructor besides Cathe. Her moves are very similar so I was able to pick up the routine pretty quickly. Loved the music! Can't wait to try other routines! Thanks for posting about this Kittybug.

I also added on To the Mat...excluding the ball chapters.

Have a great weekend! We will be at a softball tournament. It may be our last since the governor has stated he would like all youth sports to stop until the new year. The rules are constantly changing. We just try to do our best with following all the precautions.
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-20, 09:26 AM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelePA View Post
I may give this a try tomorrow. Fun Friday!!! Thanks for the review.

Today my car needed repairs due to a recall. It was going to take all day. They offered me a shuttle but I decided to walk home. My exercise for the day. It was 5 miles and the last mile was mostly uphill. When it was time to pick it up, my husband was running late. I could’ve called a few friends but decided to do a return trip on foot. My daughter refused to join me. Haha. So I definitely got my steps in today.
That's super fierce, ChelePA!! And really glad you also enjoyed the Hip-Hop Step!

Try to enjoy the tournament. I hear you on the rules constantly, constantly changing.

Manleym, I'm leaning towards doing something I'm familiar with today, AKA Travis...my brain just isn't capable of something new-to-me right now, too clouded and stressed, unfortunately. Vytas is gonna hafta wait!

Bee, gosh, I've been thinking the same on Inner Dimension, I really am.

Stay fierce, Watulans...it's Friday!!
Old 08-07-20, 09:53 AM  
lavna

Happy Friday everyone!

Quick check-in!
Yesterday, I did the Live 234 Strong express UB. It's only 36 minutes but with the right weight, I can definitly feel it. This morning, I did RWH Plyo #2. I'm still sore from the legs workout from Wednesday, so I used 1 riser for more drills than usual.

I hope you all have a great weekend!
Nathalie
lavna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-20, 12:44 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

kittybug, maybe we could try Inner Dimension at the same time.

Chele, that's a lot of walking!! Go you! Oh, I hope the softball tournament is fun.

I'm going to try the Kat Step tomorrow (sounds like a funny dance move or something). Today I did S&S PHA -- just one round of each -- plus Forged by Fire Blending and Mending. It's listed as a 2 difficulty level. It seemed harder to me -- big cardio factor. I guess it's more the "strength" part that they rate the difficulty on. Anyway, good workout. Forgot to tell you guys the side angle workout the other day left me so sore the following day. Still feeling it today actually.

Yikes, I need to go -- hubby dealing with a freezer problem and needs help.

Tags
analysis paralysis, cathe, cathe rotation, cathe rotation checkin, cathe rotations, too many choices, too many options, variety, watulan check-in