Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-22-22, 08:31 PM  
gigi

Today I decided to do a full body complex (CG) because I thought doing a CG that is focusing on one area is probably not the way to start out with her. I did Full Body DB Complexes from Epic III day 4. After resting yesterday, I wanted to work every part of my fluffy self. Tomorrow I plan to do the cardio the HR2.0, Day 15 HiiT workout.

I'm thinking that Monday I will do a MOSSA Centergy workout so I can get a day behind and see what's coming in the HR rotation so I have time to preview and sub another workout if I need to. If I was not following HR's rotation though, I would have skipped today.

My book club met today and we socialized for 4 hours. It was really nice. We hardly talk about the book...LOL! I think we just use it as an excuse to eat and drink together!

manleym - I need to quit looking back. That was a time in my life where I needed to be in the gym after work and I was VERY disciplined with macro's and such. Before that, when I was doing a lot of Cathe (especially PUB and PLB), people commented on my muscles, but again, my nutrition was dialed in. I am learning to accept my body the way it is now and to make fitness gains while working on nutrition so I can be healthy.

I don't want to shut down either. We've been out 5 school days due to weather. With weekends that makes 9 days in a row. I hope that slows down the COVID exposure and illness.

jetitus - I checked out Juice & Tonya....they are cute! So many options! I appreciate when modifications are shown.

allisoncooks - snow days are fun in the south (unless you lose power)!

cjayd - CG is on my rotation "to do" list for sure! She is SO strong!

Good night youtube peeps!
Old 01-23-22, 11:21 AM  
gigi

I just finished HR2.0 Day 15, HiiT cardio. My cardio capacity is increasing, though I still need extra rests. Today for the first time I was able to do the plant tap combo the entire 45 second on the second round. On the first round, my brain got in the way. I'm glad to have that done for today! I've worked out 20 out of 23 days in January! HUGE improvement!
Old 01-24-22, 01:29 PM  
alisoncooks

Hello all!

I’ve been struggling with wanting to do EVERYTHING (Pilates! Weights! Row!) all at once, so I’ve been fiddling around with making a rotation from my favorite YouTube workouts. Anyone else make their own rotations?

Today:
Kaleigh Cohen’s 10 Minute Arms
Patricia Friberg’s A Bottom Line #1 (dvd)
Moving Mango “silly arms” (with my teens)
Kaleigh Cohen - Daily Stretch
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-22, 02:13 PM  
jetlitis

BurpeeGirl:
40 Minute Standing Abs Cardio Workout (Steady State Cardio, Knee Friendly, No jumping)

Brian Syuki - Focus Fitness:
10 Minute Standing Morning Workout
jetlitis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-22, 10:10 PM  
hdw
VF Supporter

I did HR #16 today. I find that her workout is a bit repetitive. It got me confused -- thinking I got the wrong workout number. They all look the same... with the same workout clothes.

As a fitness instructor, those are her working clothes -- she should have plenty. And she probably could get them free for advertising the brand if she so desires. Then it hit me... She's just using the same clip for the same exercise. I compared scapular squeeze from her Day 8 and Day 16 workouts. She has the same expression and head tilt movement. Her stand on the mat are exactly the same. So is bicep burn on Day 3 and 8. I think she just splice the workouts on her computer instead of doing it... You think?
hdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-22, 09:57 AM  
alisoncooks

Rowed with this video. (great Michael Jackson playlist!)
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YxhunKEFBKQ

Back Pain Relief stretch with yoginimelbourne
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AgBFSJ6p2kk

Then a short burpeegirl with my kids, who are the most uncoordinated individuals on the planet, lol.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Owi-wOXSOu8
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-22, 03:06 PM  
jetlitis

Juice & Toya
20 Minute Upper Body Dumbbell Workout [Build Muscle & Strength] (20m)

Guillermo Gomez - Martial Fusion
Kickboxing Power Workout #1 | Zenbu Dojo Sarasota (30m)

Cassey Ho - Blogilates
10 Minute Anti-Bloating Cardio (Low impact) (10m)

SarahBethYoga
Yoga for Bloating, Digestion (12m)

(Having digestive/bloating issues today. Also, I liked trying several different workouts. )
jetlitis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-22, 07:26 PM  
gigi

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdw View Post
I did HR #16 today. I find that her workout is a bit repetitive. It got me confused -- thinking I got the wrong workout number. They all look the same... with the same workout clothes.

As a fitness instructor, those are her working clothes -- she should have plenty. And she probably could get them free for advertising the brand if she so desires. Then it hit me... She's just using the same clip for the same exercise. I compared scapular squeeze from her Day 8 and Day 16 workouts. She has the same expression and head tilt movement. Her stand on the mat are exactly the same. So is bicep burn on Day 3 and 8. I think she just splice the workouts on her computer instead of doing it... You think?
Yes. She has a set of exercises that are put together. I am also tired of seeing the same outfit and having the same exercises used. I'm hoping as the workouts continue, there are some new exercises. I am two days behind as I have been beyond exhausted. I've had plenty of sleep, but I'm so tired that the commute has been painful. On the way home today, after drinking pre-workout, I had to keep myself a awake and the drive home was just miserable. Even being aware of how tired I was, I found myself almost nodding off. I came home and thought to myself that I'll just rest for a moment before I worked out. I woke up over an hour later. i don't know how to describe how tired I've been these last couple of days. Crazy.

I'll start week 4 tomorrow (that is my plan). If the next month things are not changed up quite a bit, I may go back to her two week Fierce plan then maybe CG from there. In Fierce it seems like she is doing the workout with us and she wears a different outfit everyday. I really want to finish the program though. What I appreciate about CG is how she is working out with us and struggling and taking rests when she needs it. She is more interactive with her facial expressions, etc.

As of right now, HR's Fierce is calling my name if new exercises are not introduced next month during week 5.
Old 01-25-22, 07:28 PM  
gigi

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisoncooks View Post
Rowed with this video. (great Michael Jackson playlist!)
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YxhunKEFBKQ

Back Pain Relief stretch with yoginimelbourne
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AgBFSJ6p2kk

Then a short burpeegirl with my kids, who are the most uncoordinated individuals on the planet, lol.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Owi-wOXSOu8
Thanks for posting the links. That yoga back pain relief looks wonderful.
Old 01-25-22, 07:30 PM  
gigi

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisoncooks View Post
Hello all!

I’ve been struggling with wanting to do EVERYTHING (Pilates! Weights! Row!) all at once, so I’ve been fiddling around with making a rotation from my favorite YouTube workouts. Anyone else make their own rotations?

Today:
Kaleigh Cohen’s 10 Minute Arms
Patricia Friberg’s A Bottom Line #1 (dvd)
Moving Mango “silly arms” (with my teens)
Kaleigh Cohen - Daily Stretch
Yes! I used to love making my own rotations! Lately, I've needed a pre-made rotation to follow or I spend to much time deciding on what to do. With my work schedule, I need to come home and get it done.

Tags
bobandbrad