Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-03-22, 12:36 AM  
Helen

I'm back!

Sat 01 - 2 hour dog walk, have a bad cold [thought it was C-19 at first, but PCR test negative ], can't do much more
Sun 02 - 3 hour dog walk - see above
Mon 03
26min, Tim Senesi - 30 Day Yoga Challenge - Day 01
48min, Les Mills Body Jam 23
30min dog walk
35min, Adriene Mishler - 30 days of Yoga 2015 - day 01 Ease Into It
Tue 04
33min, Tim Senesi - 30 Day Yoga Challenge - Day 02
40min, Rebecca Small - Steppin' Out Tour - Intermediate Step
60min, walk/play/training with Alice
33min, Adriene Mishler - 30 Days of Yoga 2015 - Day 02 Stretch & Soothe
Wed 05
33min, Tim Senesi - 30 Day Yoga Challenge - Day 03
58min, Debbie Siebers - Slim Series - Firm It Up
45min, dog walk
23min, Adriene Mishler - 30 Days of Yoga 2015 - Day 03 Forget What You Know
Thu 06
33min, Tim Senesi - 30 Day Yoga Challenge - Day 04
20min, putzed around with pushups, pullups, planks, ... got baseline numbers for 2022

45min walk with Alice
20min, Adriene Mishler - 30 Days of Yoga 2015 - Day 04 Yoga For Your Back
Fri 07
39min, Tim Senesi - 30 Day Yoga Challenge - Day 05
30min, dog walk
17min, Adriene Mishler - 30 Days of Yoga 2015 - Day 05 Feel Alive & Flow
Sat 08
35min, Tim Senesi - 30 Day Yoga Challenge - Day 06
41min, Cathe Friedrich - Step Blast - Combos 1, 2, & 3 Mix
17min, Adriene Mishler - 30 Daysof Yoga 2015 - Day 06 Six Pack Abs
Sun 09
15min, Time Senesi - Day 07
30min, dog walk
51min, Leslie Sansone - Walk Away The Pounds - Get Up & Get Started + High Calorie Burn
30min, Adriene Mishler - Day 07 Total Body
Mon 10
38min, Tim Senesi - 30 Day Yoga Challenge - Day 08
38min, Tony Horton, P90 Masters - Upper Middle Lower
28min, Adriene Mishler - 30 Days of Yoga 2015 - Day 08 Healing & Meditation
Tue 11
27min, Tim Senesi - 30 Day Yoga Challenge - Day 09
74min, Cathe Friedrich - Intensity Series - The Terminator - Imax Extreme (not all at once - each cycle separately during the day - 4 of them)
26min, Adriene Mishler - 30 Days of Yoga 2015 - Day 09 Full Potential Detox

Wed 12
37min, Tim Senesi - 30 Day Yoga Challenge - day 10
2 hours, dog walk
13min, Adriene Mishler - 30 Days of Yoga 2015 - Day 10 Sun Salutations

Thu 13
37min, Tim Senesi - 30 Day Yoga Challenge - Day 11
1 hour dog walk
Fri 14
1 hour dog walk
Sat 15
43min, Shaun Thompson - Rockin' Body - Shaun T's Dance Party
30min dog walk
Sun 16
57min, The Firm - Body Sculpt System 1 - Cardio Sculpt
Mon 17
40min dog walk
45min Cathe - Body Blast - Step, Jump, & Pump - Step & Hilo Mix
Tue 18
30min dog walk
27min, Tim Senesi - 30 day Yoga Challenge - Day 12
69min, Cathe - Terminator - Gauntlet* [each of the 6 cycles performed separately]

Wed 19
30min dog walk
Thu
60min, dog walk
Fri 21
60min, dog walk
Sat 22
21min, Gilad - Best of Bodies In Motion - Epidosde 18
22min, Leslie - Super Fat Burning - First Mile Addon
90min, dog walk
Sun 23
90min dog walk
28min Cathe - LITE - Stack Sets Upper - Timesaver Mix 8 (Chest/Triceps, Back/Biceps)
Mon 24
90min dog walk
Tue 25
90min dog walk
Wed 26
27min, Tim Senesi - 30 Day Yoga Challenge - Day 13
1 hour, dog walk
15min, YouTube - BodyRock - 14-Jun-2011 See Your Abs Workout
18min, Adriene Mishler - 30 Days of Yoga - Day 12 Spinal Health
Thu 27
huge morning beach walking, walking in deep water - last day of holidays, outing with DH & dog.
Fri 28
2 hour dog walk- first day back at work
Sat 29
90min dog walk
Sun 30
32min, Shaun Thompson - Insanity Max:30 - Cardio Challenge - Modifier Track
90min, dog walk
Mon 31
41min, Cathe - Step Blast - Combox 1,2,3 Mix (6")
90min, dog walk
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-22, 12:22 PM  
AnMrsDe

Happy New Year, everyone! It's so great to see some of you that had a little (or a BIG) hiatus since you've joined us!!! Good luck to you this month and getting back in the groove!

Jane, I see you've re-joined Yvette Fit! I could've written your post about your Left Foot heel pain! I have the same issue....maybe mine is plantar fasciitis too?? I'm pretty sure mine stemmed from doing the Elliptical so much and that repetitive action over and over. Now I'm scared to get back on the thing again, LOL! I keep trying to remember to use the roller and occasionally ice my foot but you know how that goes! Heather's weight workouts sound awesome and I may be trying them myself. Great to see you back! Hope everyone is doing well with your family and your little sweetie, Wesley.

Liz, WELCOME!!! So happy to see new faces around here! There are lots of Cathe fans in this group - I'm sure you'll fit right in!! I'm pretty sure no one can out-talk me, LOL, so there you have it! No pressure either about chatting...do what works for you!

T2B, congrats on the mother lode you racked up by paying yourself to workout!! What are you going to do with all that $800+ cash???

ASAS, I received my "Holy HiiT" t-shirt - it's cute!! Fits well but I was reading the reviews before I bought it and they said to size up a size. I'm glad I did! But, the quality isn't the best ...it seems the letters aren't on there too great - I will not put it in the dryer...line dry for sure. The purple is so pretty, though! Can't wait to wear it when I do a HiiT workout next! :0)

April, how did your DH fare with his surgery? Good luck in logging the workouts again and going thru your DVD's. So happy to see you back!

Elsie, when is the big move? You know what I'm going to say....don't worry about the workouts during this time! I know you'll be busy!

~~~WAVES~~~ to everyone and wishing us all a wonderful January!

Last edited by AnMrsDe; 01-03-22 at 01:26 PM. Reason: fixing my terrible grammar...and to think I was an English major!
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-22, 04:15 PM  
Elsie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnMrsDe View Post

Elsie, when is the big move? You know what I'm going to say....don't worry about the workouts during this time! I know you'll be busy!

Oh, if I didn't have my workouts, I would certainly cave to the pressure!! The Big Move from the west coast to the far east coast is the end of March-April. We did a smaller local move last July, which helped somewhat to whittle things down (mainly DH's father's things who was a hoarder).
Oh I do wish I would have gotten that dvd of Cathe's ... Perfect 30 Pump, but hey, you can't get them all at once!!
It's excellent to have you here again Helen! Get well soon!
Elsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-22, 05:44 PM  
Sollamyn

Thumbs up

I'm joining late, but I've been doing some daily workouts. While I don't yet have a formal plan, I'm trying to do a little something every day, switching back and forth between cardio and/or strength workouts, plus ankle p.t. and stretching. (The indicates a workout I enjoyed and will probably repeat.)

1. Dr. Kristie Ennis (on Youtube) 5-minute Every Day workout, ankle p.t., my own stretching.
2. Brand Fitness 3000-Step Rockin' Classics Walking Workout (YT) , ankle p.t., my own stretching
3. Jessica Smith (YT) 1-Mile Lower Body Circuit Walk , ankle p.t., my own stretching
4. Jessica Smith (YT) 1-Mile Upper Body Circuit Walk , ankle p.t., J. Smith Post-Workout Stretch (YT)
5. Unplanned off-day. Feeling blue for various reasons. Ankle p.t. and stretching only.
6. Another off-day. (See Day 5). Ankle p.t. only
7. 15 minutes of dancing with one of the Brand Fitness (YT) walking workouts, ankle p.t., my own stretchout
8. Ugh. I didn't even complete my ankle p.t. today. But I did meet my weekly step, calorie, and active minute goals on my Fitbit, so that's something at least.
9. Jessica Smith 10-Minute Mix Steppin' Strength, Abs and Arms, Buns and Thighs, plus Chair Stretch; ankle p.t.
10. Brand Fitness Walking Workout (same as Jan. 2); ankle p.t.; my own full-body stretch (10,000 steps today! )
11. Another unplanned rest day. I did ankle p.t. only.
12. Jessica Smith 1-Mile Lower Body Circuit Walk; ankle p.t.; back p.t. (abs!); full-body stretch on my own
13. Jessica Smith Quick Low Impact Cardio (YT) ; JS Tank Top Arms (YT) ; ankle p.t.; stretch on my own
14. About 3500 steps (a little over 30 minutes) of one of the Brand Fitness Walking workouts (Bad Boys, I think, the name of it--LOL); abs/core on my own; ankle p.t.; stretching on my own
15. 20 Minute YT walk with Jessica Smith (Peanut is especially cute in this one!); 15-min. Lower Body w/o for Strong Knees (also JS); ankle p.t.; extra lower body strength exercises on my own; stretch on my own
16. Jessica Smith 2-Mile Flat Abs Walk (DVD); upper body workout, core, and stretch on my own
17. Feeling blue today so just did ankle p.t., Full Body Gentle Flow 20-min. Supine Practice (yoginimelbourne on YT), and some stretching on my own.
Old 01-03-22, 06:31 PM  
CabCalloway

So this morning I did a 30 min AMT session. But then the snow came, and I wound up doing lots of shoveling, snowblowing, and chainsawing a fallen tree. I am sore as hell. Feels good

And of course, tomorrow is my first day back at work after 10 days of "relaxing"....

Waves to all,
CabC
CabCalloway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-22, 07:27 PM  
Helen

Bummed that couldn't really kick off well on the 1st, but was determined to yesterday (Monday):

26min, Tim Senesi - 30 Day Yoga Challenge - Day 01
48min, Les Mills Body Jam 23
30min dog walk
35min, Adriene Mishler - 30 days of Yoga 2015 - day 01 Ease Into It

CAB
That's quite a bit of functional fitness! Don't doubt you're BOTH sore AND feeling good about it.

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Old 01-03-22, 08:03 PM  
Dontmindthemess

AnMrsDe I did sign back up for Yvette but only for a month because I’m worried about jumping on my foot. I definitely have plantar fasciitis, I’ve had it before. This time I’m wondering if it’s calf related or if it’s from work. I don’t wear heels at all but I walk a lot at work and I just think it’s the floor at work + dress shoes. I’ve been using a small massage ball on my arch. I haven’t seen sweet Wesley since Christmas Eve!! We were quarantined last week!! My husband had a mild case of Covid that he’s recovering from. I tested negative and have no symptoms but I have to retest tomorrow. Thankfully we’re both boosted. How is your mom doing? I know it must be hard for her and for you too! I was so worried about my dad after my mom passed away but he really branched out and had a good social life.

TB2 I’ve watched a lot of TV!! My picks??? Ted Lasso, Succession, and WandaVisision.

ASAS I really like the essentrics dvds I have but I always struggle to fit them in. I really like the music and vibe of the one in that loft space. It’s a great workout!!

Cab What a storm out of nowhere!! 60 degrees Sunday night and we got about a foot of snow today!!

Luv2WO Glad to see you back! I missed seeing your workouts!

Elsie That’s quite a move! I’m an East coast girl but I’ve always dreamed of visiting BC!!! Have you lived on both coasts? I’m sure it’s quite a cultural difference.

Allgirlsinaz I know how that change in your work schedule can mess with you. I feel like I’m still recovering from the overnights I did last year. It’s hard!!

A very warm welcome to Liz and Sollamyn!!! Glad to see you back Helen!!!

Jane
Dontmindthemess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-22, 10:45 AM  
AnMrsDe

WELCOME, Sollamyn! Great to see you here!

Elsie, well it's good you're at least starting early getting things underway for the move! It sounds like you're making good progress. I know exactly what you mean about getting in the workouts during stressful times...

Jane, I hope your DH gets better soon and you stay healthy and your foot gets better! Not fun not being able to see your baby!!//So did you have to do all the shoveling of the foot of snow then, if your DH is recovering??//My mom is coping pretty well...before all this happened, she sent out lots of Christmas cards, and in return, has received TONS of both Christmas cards and sympathy cards...I should count them...bet there's at least 100+ combined! They have lots of friends from church that they stay in contact with which is very helpful at this time in particular. I'm very thankful for them. And the caregiver, I think, helps in passing the time and doing her chores for her...she now has basically the same one and has grown to like having her around or at least has gotten used to the idea! Thanks for asking.

Cab, good luck going back to work! At least you could get out of your driveway easliy this morning!

Waves~~
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-22, 01:29 PM  
amg

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnMrsDe View Post
April, how did your DH fare with his surgery? Good luck in logging the workouts again and going thru your DVD's. So happy to see you back!
Thanks for asking! His ACL reconstruction surgery went well. They gave him a nerve block and he hasn't had any pain even after that wore off. The PT thinks it's because there was so much trauma to the knee in the year before the surgery. He's been great about doing his PT exercises so hopefully he can return to normal activities after patiently allowing the area to heal. The hard part is just staying away from his favorite activities for so long.

Still keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.
Old 01-04-22, 06:58 PM  
Helen

Tuesday 4th
start the day IN the gym (after coffee), as the no-dread gets me UP there. Once I've been up there for the day, I'm more inclined to return.
33min, Tim Senesi - 30 Day Yoga Challenge - Day 02
after something otherwise productive, time for ME again
40min, Rebecca Small - Steppin' Out Tour - Intermediate Step
afternoon, putzed around, THOUGHT about a few things I could do... until someone put a paw on my knee -
60min, walk/play/training with Alice
evening, did some of the things I thought about earlier, until
33min, Adriene Mishler - 30 Days of Yoga 2015 - Day 02 Stretch & Soothe

Have a wonderful Wednesday!

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.

Tags
full body workout vol 3, just the workouts, kcm power splits, standing yoga