Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-22-22, 12:13 PM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Real id ...

In the USA they are requiring all air travelers to upgrade their drivers license to a "REAL ID". First they went digital (forget how many years ago?) then they went to "REAL ID". One can tell if they have "real id" as it has a star on it. I can also use my passport, but since my drivers license picture was HIDEOUS (and I do mean HIDEOUS) ... and my license was up for renewal, I decided to bite the bullet and get the real id.

I had 3 appointments pre-covid. I was on a beta list to go and get one. It got rescheduled due to closures with covid. Then I rescheduled it twice and the same thing. Many motor vehicle agencies over here were closed due to covid, the country shut down, and then it was ridiculous so I gave up. But, when I got the renewal in the mail, I though... hmmmm. Better just do it before the passport expires.

The Motor vehicle agency requires "6 points of identification" which they provide a list for. But a valid and current passport is one of them. Many other items as well. I went (over) prepared as one of my sons had gotten his and they made him come back due to lack of information. (They wouldn't accept a digital copy of something) ... anyway , I had plenty of id and it went right through.

It was FRIGID waiting outside. the line forms early (it opens at 8 a.m, but lines form beginning at 7:30 a.m.) Not nearly as bad as it used to be. During the pandemic, the lines could take up to 2-4 hours just to stand in. I had to make an appointment. I made it for the FIRST THING in the a.m. Again, there were still lines. I went with my workout pants under my jeans (so they acted like thermal underwear, a workout top, thermal underwear top, a long sleeve running shirt, a sweater, a winter coat, a scarf, a hood and gloves. I was fine. But it was cold. I had to wait 15 mins. outside before the doors opened.

They actually have security guards come and set up lines complete with poles and the strappy things, like you see in the airport or at concerts for line control. And then make lines: Those who have appointments and those who do not.

So, it's done now! In and out in 30 mins. (15 mins. waiting in the frigid cold). But all in all? a bearable experience and now wont' have to repeat till I need a new picture (8 years or more?) ....

More later. . .
This was ll "REAL ID".
Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-22, 05:30 PM  
Helen

CLEDA
Thanks for the explanation ! Though the list of clothing you had to wear felt a workout just to get dressed.

I looked up pictures of the Real ID, now that I know that's the official name of it. You can SMILE on your driver's licence! We can't - strictly a straight face in a head-shot (no shoulders). Same thing for passport photo - though if you look them up, the samples DO have smiling faces - that's a LIE - they don't let you. It's a conspiracy so that everyone's photo is as bad as possible.

Saturday
Spent most of the day going around several nurseries looking for a large pot - needs to be light (eg fibreglass) and at least 700mm (~30") tall.
Buddy-day, and her mum was visiting, so we did something suited to her:
21min, Gilad - Best of Bodies in Motion - Episode 18
22min, Leslie - Walk Away The Pounds - Super Fat Burning - First Mile Addon

also
90min dog walk - took Alice to the beach, then a park until her coat dried.

so didn't fit Viper in amongst the pot-shopping.
Happy Sunday
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

Ή Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-22, 07:18 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

A little of this and that (and the same old same old!)

Helen: Yes! we can smile for our drivers license. But no glasses, etc. The gal taking my picture (we were chatting away - very nice/good experience) was telling me how to place my head (to get rid of my sagging quadruple chins!) It was great. She took it and it wasn't nearly as hideous as the previous one so I'm good. The passport pictures? No smiling.

Waves to Lili.

On to me, me and all me!!! (Scrolls back to see when the last report was ~ Ohhh yippe!!! not too long ago! )

1/21/2022: 10 mins. Warm Up, 30 mins. Andy Speer Strength Program, 2 hours pickleball

1/22/2022: 45 mins. Power Zone ride with Matt (Zones 4, 5 & 6), 10 mins. David Bowie cool down ride with Leanne, 5 mins. Post Ride Stretch

I'll admit, this Power zone ride was tough. Working on raising our VO2 Max and they do that with tough (shorter) bursts in higher zones. It makes the lungs burn ..... but it works!!! and the good thing? There are rest periods (1 mins. ) in zone 1, so that's good. I hope that's the worst of the rides this week, although I THINK today's is no walk in the park (not to mention I have a 45 minutes weight workout to do first.) It's ok, I knew this week would be tough. Soon ... very soon, the strength rotation will be done and I'll be on to rowing, which is hard, but not as hard (just more of making sure to schedule enough time.)

I am also looking forward to doing more "fun" rides. (But we all know I get to this point come week 4 of the Power Zone challenge)!

Ok, off to get my Sunday Chores done. Make it a great day!
Waves to all!
Cleda
Old 01-23-22, 10:36 AM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

1/21 - dog walk
2000 Steps w/ GetFitwithRick on YT
Les Mills Shabam #42, 30 min. (boy did I feel like a dork)
20 Min. Mowtown Run
5 Min. Post Run Stretch
1/22 - dog walk
Les Mills Tone #14, 30 min.
30 Min. Pop Walk w/ Marcel

I have never done Shabam before, very energetic Hip Hop type moves that made me feel like I had 2 left feet. That being said, it was fun and I got a lot of steps.
It was also my first time with Tone, which is a mix of cardio, strength and abs. It was just the right amount of intensity for me, with low impact options, but they only have 6 classes available on the web site.

Only 2 weeks left for my StepBet and I am ready for it to end. I'm not sure if it's the extra running or just all the extra cardio, but my knees are starting to complain. I think when I signed up I was planning on more hikes in the park. Unfortunately, it has been close to or below freezing most days, and I can't muster the enthusiasm for hiking at those temperatures!

“Let us rather run the risk of wearing out than rusting out.” Teddy Roosevelt
LiliMagill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-22, 05:09 PM  
Helen

LILI
Sh'Bam is very similar to Body Jam - yup, feeling like a dork is the result for me too, but a sweaty dork.
Tone look like what were DH's favourite classes at the gym. Bit of cardio, bit of weights (low weight, high rep), some floor work, & abs.
Looks like you're having a good poke around what they offer.

CLEDA
How kind of the woman taking your photo to help make it better.

Sunday
Morning - shopping with DH for pots/plants/potting mix... I'll be gardening today.
Afternoon - bath Alice + 60min walk to dry off.
Evening - Cathe - LITE - Stacked Sets Upper - Timesaver 8 (Chest/Tri + Back/Bi)

Monday - back to work THIS Friday, though no students until Tuesday.
We're supposed to be provided with RATs 2/week for the 1st month - staff and students. That's about 9000 of them, just for our school.

Looking forward to a busy final holiday week.

Ή Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Old 01-24-22, 05:22 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Helen - I am trying to get around to most of what Les Mills offers, otherwise I won't know what I like and don't like!
Waves to Cleda!

1/23 - dog walk, planned rest day.
1/24 - This is usually my run day, but I decided to do a hike instead. It was cold, but manageable, and I hiked for 1.5 hours.
Dog walk when I got home. I'm sitting at 16K steps, so 1 of my power days is done!

Old 01-24-22, 06:27 PM  
Helen

LILI
Well done for getting a power day done - nice way to do it too.

Monday
My 'Mondivation' was focused on the yard - not weeding (surprisingly) but planning, moving, potting.

All I did was 90min dog walk. It was quite a warm/humid day - the walk was right on dusk, for Alice - the breeze up on the hill in the park was delicious.

Ή Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Old 01-25-22, 04:34 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Checking in

Sounds like you ladies were putting in the mileage yesterday!

Lili: Your steps are high !!! I can see how you're ready for it to be done.

Helen:
Warm days/nights .... ahhhhhhhhhh

Me, me and all me.

1/23/2022: rowing 20 mins (sweat row), 10 mins. breathe row, 45 mins. Andy Speer Strength program, warm up & cool down

1/24/2022: Andy Speer Strength warm up and 30 mins. strength session, 45 mins. power zone ride, 5 mins. Bradley Rose cool down ride, 5 mins. post ride stretch

Tired this a.m. Probably won't do much of anything. A quick (fun) ride. Maybe a row or a walk. Time to go easy.

Make it a great day.
Cleda
Old 01-25-22, 06:28 PM  
Helen

Quickie - Tuesday was also nought but 90min dog walk again.
Again - spent the whole day dealing with plants. All things in pots have been getting weeded, repotted if needed, there are more plants inside (thanks for the nudge there Lili!). Alice did her usual method of dropping hints: she brings a shoe - presumably to be put on, to go out.

Ή Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Old 01-26-22, 02:44 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

1/25 - dog walk
The Firm's Burn & Shape
Miles 1 & 2 from Jessica's 5 Mile Mix & Match

I am enjoying the Pink Firms (I think that's what they are) because they don't use any special equipment, like the Transfirmer, just hand weights. They are not nearly as hard as the early Firms, but I am getting a good amount of cardio to help my step count.