Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-25-22, 09:28 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone!

Steps from yesterday: 11,020

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy.

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-22, 02:25 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynnf View Post
barre 3 1/2 hour plus walk and some Melt.
LOL I misread this as being 3 1/2 hours of barre.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-22, 02:27 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by seabliss View Post
Yay Cynthia! You are free to move about the cabin!
Aye, captain!
Old 01-25-22, 03:44 PM  
seabliss

Today I did Heather's Brutal Leg Strength. Not brutal, thank God. I modified two things--the kneel--stand up--knee thrust thing described earlier (held a 5 lb weight only, lifted only a little bit over head) and another where she lunges across the floor with a weight overhead. Weight at chest. Everything else was normal and fine.

There is a toilet paper issue at the place we are trying to lease. Crazy that this is the big issue. It's in the lease not to flush toilet paper. This is a problem for some older places in Europe because of old septic. We are negotiating. Maybe the quick-dissolve TP used for campers would be fine. DH will absolutely not live in a place where you have to put the TP in a trash can. Likewise. And it's the only place we have found in the city that will be appropriate to put our studio, piano, etc. You wouldn't think it would be so hard but it is.

Hang in there, Lynn. Your DH is in good hands, it sounds like. And hopefully all are taking vitamin D, zinc, C etc. to make that immune system super strong.

Haha, Cynthia, on the 3.5 hour thing. That's some zealous working out!

Diana, have you tried any of JS's new workouts?
Old 01-25-22, 07:18 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Cheryl, sorry for the toilet paper issue. Funny how different people draw the line for different things. I habitually do what your landlord wants. I hope you can work it out.

All right, now that I'm virus-free I have a workout to report: Leslie Sansone's 10-min toning with the weighted balls. Perfect for me today. It's full-body, not a lot of reps. I used my 3-lb green genie balls.

I bought groceries today, and the free quick check covid testing group was there and there wasn't a line -- most likely b/c they had changed their day there from Wednesday to Tuesday. I provided a sample & it was negative. Yay.
Old 01-25-22, 09:33 PM  
lynnf

Barre 3 cardio workout today -- it's sort of growing on me in that I still don't like it, but am starting to think it's good for me since I should get a bit of impact. Also did Sarabeth yoga 20 minutes.

Cynthia, not to worry I will NEVER do 3.5 hours of barre in one day (not that barre 3 really counts as barre these days). Glad to hear you are back to some easy workouts. Now that you are virus-free you can be happy that you are probably really full of antibodies between all your shots, plus having had Covid.

Cheryl, hope you can work out the TP problem. Everyone has their deal breakers and I can see how throwing TP in the trash is a bit yucky, but I would hate to give up the place over that issue. Glad your workout wasn't brutal. Tomorrow it looks like I have to deal with the commando lunges again. Hope they go better, but probably will be modifying as well.

Diana, nice step count!

Hoping Linda checks in because I have to say that her nail oil tip has really worked out. I got the CND solar oil and have been using it every night and not only are my nails much stronger, my manicure is lasting longer. I had no idea that this stuff worked and had never seen the point of those oils.
lynnf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-22, 10:24 PM  
Diana3271

Hi Everyone!

Cynthia Glad to hear you are back to working out.

Cheryl I'm sorry about the issue with the lease. Hopefully it can get resolved quickly. Based on what I read here, I don't think the new JS's are a good fit. I don't recall what I didn't like. I might need to check into it again just to make sure. I did read about a premix in KCM's new workout that might be a good fit for me. Based on some talk in the GD section, pulled out JS's Metabolism Booster and did a workout on there. I really liked it. ETA: Are the new workouts on DVD or youtube? ETA: Upon reading the descriptions of the new KCM, I don't think they are for me. LOL

Lynn I need to go back and read what Linda said about the oil. I have a lot of issues with my cuticles being dry.

Check-In: JS Cardio Core Workout

Have a Blessed evening!

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 01-26-22, 09:12 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone!

Steps from yesterday: 10,259

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy.

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 01-26-22, 02:49 PM  
luvcritters
VF Supporter

I finally got the vertebrae to not rub together so the spondylolisthesis will be quiet until next time. My Slac wrists and arthritis at the base of my thumb are worse than ever. I ordered two braces at Amazon because they're a little cheaper than at the doctor's office. The Velcro wears out every year.

The plumber was here earlier. He said the water pressure is fluctuating so the well guys will check the pressure tank tomorrow. They were here but got called back on a no-water call.

I did most of Gilad's New Beginner's Workout. I need to move my shoulders but I don't care anymore. I can rehab them again but they'll just go bad again so I can't be bothered. Bad attitude? You betcha!

Cynthia, I'm glad you feel better.

Cheryl, I think the home owner should fix the septic but that's just my opinion.

Lynn, I'm glad the oil is working for you. It should keep your polish from cracking, too. I don't wear polish anymore. I have no patience for the upkeep. I always have a 4 oz. bottle of Solar Oil in the fridge. I put it in clean nail polish bottles or nail oil pens.

Diana, JS's new ones aren't out yet. Nail/cuticle oil will keep your nails and cuticles moisturized, will help with nail growth because they won't break as much, and will keep your polish looking fresh longer.

The man should arrive tomorrow. He hasn't been here for a month. There's another storm coming on Friday. It's too soon to predict where it will hit hardest
so I think he should stay home. If it stays on the coast I'll be okay. If it comes inland he better stay far far away.

Trust no one. - X-Files, and me.

Comfort food only provides comfort while it's in your mouth. - Me
luvcritters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-22, 06:16 PM  
lynnf

barre 3 strength. This one had those darned commando lunges, getting up and down from kneeling - 3 sets. On the third set, I started to feel sick. First time doing barre 3. At least my knees weren't hurting so maybe the Melt is working. Still wishing for the days when barre 3 wasn't hard. Did a Melt live class on youtube.

Linda, I'm glad you support my choice of Solar Oil. It had the oils you recommended in it. Sometimes I don't have the patience to do my nails, but having them painted generally lifts my spirits. Hope no more storms hit you and you get to see your guy.

Diana, are you still buying dvds? I haven't been doing that lately.
lynnf is offline   Reply With Quote