Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 09-16-20, 11:13 PM  
Leonana

Today was the Karen Voight dvd, the Upper Body and Lower Body, with WU and CD. It was about 27 minutes total.

Donna, yes that's the one. I got confused, because the description on the back said it had 360 minutes running time, with six workouts. So, I thought there were six different workouts of 30 minutes each. Actually, there are six different pre-mixes, with about 45 minutes total run time. But I think I'll use it, at least for the yoga and the stretch. Not sure about the strength, the arm work wasn't my favorite, and some wasn't doable for me, especially since she goes pretty fast. I did like the lower body workout. Although, if I thought I'd look like Karen Voight, I'd do this every week, lol.

I need to do another one of the free CS on you tube for the hips and glutes. My right glute has been bothering me a lot. I think it's the new car, I sit differently than I did in the van. It always starts hurting when I drive. I adjusted the seat today, and that helped. But it also hurts when I sit on our couch and loveseat. I think they are too deep and I slouch on them.
Old 09-17-20, 07:35 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone

Yesterday DD and I walked our Golden in the evening and I also did Robin's Day 3 Challenge.

Today, so far has been:

Essentrics - Calorie Blasting & Lower body w/ Gail.

Later today I will either catch up with ePilates barre challenge, Robin's challenge or a walk.

I also did schedule another meeting w/ myself for yesterday afternoon and spent 30 minutes catching up on housework. I think w/ the continued working from home, this needs to be a habit I keep up with, otherwise I just end up sitting at my desk all day - and it actually becomes unproductive as burn out sets in. If I were working in the office there would be natural breaks, plus, if the weather was good, I would almost always go out for a walk - so - I'm going to keep doing this!

Sherry - LOL, yes, if I could get Karen's physique - I may do just about anything, LOL!! I hear you on the couches and car seats and such - they bother my back and hips, too. Maybe you could put a small pillow behind your lower back in the car - that is what I do. I also have one for my desk chair.

Waves ---

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-20, 11:43 AM  
Leonana

I tried the the three cardio segments of Sleek Physique. Thumbs down on this one too, unfortunately. It moves too quickly, changing moves. If she'd stick to one move before going to another one, I'd like it okay. I previewed the stretch and yoga, and they are okay, but not something I'd reach for. There is so much I like better on You Tube and with Jessica. I never find anyone I like better than Jessica. I've been looking, since she hasn't made anything new in awhile, but I think I'll just stick with her for now.

Donna, thanks for the suggestion of a pillow behind the back. I tried sitting on a pillow in the car, and that didn't work. I don't have a small one for the back, although I saw some at Goodwill on Tuesday. I should have picked one up! I found a nice Aylio seat pillow for dh at Goodwill, and he likes it for the computer chair. That's what I tried in the car. I do use a pillow on the couch, but most likely I need two behind my back. Boy, the joys of growing old! I think I strained this right glute back in 2013 when I tried Jillian's 30 Day Shred. She had you do a stretch as a warm up, touching your toes, and my glutes were cold. I'm glad I found other workouts!
Old 09-17-20, 03:19 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

Lazy day for me today. Didn't get enough sleep so my "workouts" were light and easy.

David-Dorian Ross Tai Chi Fit for Balance (workout #2) uses Tai Chi Balls.

Lee Holden Qi Gong Seated workout.

Maybe I'll do something a bit more later on....

Current Rotation:
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) 90 Days to Flexible Phase 3 (Intermediate)
Cathe Strength Training (ICE & LITE series)
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-20, 07:24 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday afternoon I did Emma's Day # 3 of the barre challenge which was legs. it was a good routine - really hit the hamstrings! After work DD and I walked our Golden.

Today has been:

Ellen's new Walking with Weights - I saw this one was up on her site and decided to try it out. I really liked the music in it - the workout was good - but not remarkable, if you know what I mean - how man different variations of walking and weights are there? Still, it was a nice routine to do - I got about 4,000 steps from it and Ellen was her usual zen self.

Robin's Pilates Strong Challenge Day 4 - Flexibility - this was a quick routine and worked well after Ellen's standing work.

Pam - those sound like interesting workouts!

Sherry - i hear you - i wonder if Jessica is going to release anything new soon?! I do like her rotations b/c they have a lot of variety.

waves, wishiwasinhawaii!!

Happy Friday!

Donna
Old 09-18-20, 11:38 AM  
wishiwasinhawaii

I've been working my way through Jessica's Walk Strong Master rotation. It's a nice way to use the DVDs I have. I had forgotten how tough the workouts in WS3 are! The weather has been much cooler lately so I've also been going out for walks.

Donna, Jessica has been saying she's working on a new release. In one of her more recent emails she said she was in the process of filming and COVID had put it behind schedule. I don't think she said when it would be released, but I would imagine she'd try to get it out before Christmas. We'll see. She hasn't posted any new youtube videos in a long time. The most recent ones were almost a year ago.

Sherry, I try other instructors but always find myself going back to Jessica. Even though she hasn't posted anything new on youtube lately, she has over 400 videos there so there's plenty to keep us busy, plus the DVDs.

It's lunchtime so I think I'll go out for a walk.
Old 09-18-20, 11:13 PM  
Leonana

Today was Jessica's 30 Minute Prenatal Strength workout. Moves slow and no floorwork, just right for me, lol. It is a good one to up your weights, since it moves slower.

I've seen recommendations for the Reps to the Rhythm guy, and he has a short upper and lower body workouts. I think I'll combine them next week, and try it out. Maybe try out one of his walks tomorrow.

I'm trying out a streaming cable service called Philo. It's only $20 a month, and I can get HGTV and Lifetime! I can't wait for Christmas movies. It doesn't have sports or news channels, but that's okay with me. We have Netflix, and also Amazon Prime and Disney from friends that let us add our Roku on our living room tv to their subscription. I really don't need more to watch, but I want HGTV, lol.

Donna, I think Jessica said in a newsletter about a month ago that they were working on something. I wish she would do some you tube, but maybe the new release is taking all of her time. I wonder how COVID affects it. I would guess she could still do a video with her mom, but maybe not Beth.

wishiwasinhawaii, so true Jessica has a lot to choose from. She seems to have just the right combination of everything that works for me.

Pam, I hope you have a good nights sleep tonight. My sleep has been not as good lately too.
Old 09-19-20, 08:36 AM  
wishiwasinhawaii

Today was Have a Ball, which I hadn't done in ages. It was fun to revisit that one. Tomorrow is a fusion strength workout, but I'm probably going to postpone that because I have a lot of yard work to do. I was going to do it today, but decided to do indoor chores instead.

Sherry, I've never heard of Reps to the Rhythm so I'll have to check that out. I've done trials of Philo and liked it a lot, but I'm sticking with cable until I move, which will probably be next year, and then I plan to do streaming only.

Donna, I agree with you on scheduling time for housework and other things during the work days. I was thinking about this the other day how when I was in the office, I would take a walk a couple of times a day. Even during the winter I would walk around the building, but I haven't been doing that as much since I've been home, which is strange. I heard there won't be a viable vaccine for at least another year, and if that's the case, I'm not going back to the office. I'm hoping I can make this a permanent thing, but we'll see. Too soon to say.

Waves, Pam!
Old 09-19-20, 03:29 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

Today was Leslie's Walk Your Way Thin (Belly, Buns and Thighs) 3 mile. Leslie uses the Fit cuff around ankles for last five minutes of mile 3, and then she has a separate segment for floor work that's about 10 minutes. Not too shabby. :-)

Have a good weekend!

Current Rotation:
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) 90 Days to Flexible Phase 3 (Intermediate)
Cathe Strength Training (ICE & LITE series)
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-20, 04:56 PM  
donnamp

Oh gosh, I missed a lot here today!

I did have a good exercise day, however:

- Jessica's 30 min Fusion Strength (You Tube)
- Beth/Trifecta Pilates - High Energy Pilates workout (this one moves at a quicker pace than Beth's Level 1 workouts - this is marked as Level 2)
- Outdoor Walk
- Essentrics - PM Stretch w/ Meg

I didn't do this all at once, but spread out throughout the day.

Pam - that sounds like a nice Leslie routine.

wishiwasinhawaii - I am going to keep scheduling time for myself during the work day - 30 minutes is not a lot and you just can't sit in front of a screen all day.

Sherry - I have never heard of either of those - Reps to the Rhythm or Philo. We have Amazon Prime Neftlix and Disney Plus. We don't really watch live sports, I find a lot of "old" TV on You Tube to watch, too! I don't often watch TV, though - if I watch something by myself it is mainly You Tube. As a family we will watch a movie or something...

Waves, everyone -

Donna

Tags
jessica smith get strong