Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 04-19-20, 07:02 AM  
wishiwasinhawaii

I've been in such a "blah" mood the past few days. I've been doing workouts, but very light ones. The weather was cold and rainy so I haven't been outside at all. It looks like a warmer and sunny day today so I plan to go out. Maybe that will boost my mood.

Donna, I saw your post about applying for a transfer. I hope that goes well. My job is on thin ice at the moment, mostly due to COVID. I should know more next week.

Sherry, Thanks for posting that link. Very interesting!

Hope you all are doing well!
Old 04-19-20, 08:13 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning was a mix of Jessica Valent's workouts:

Good Morning Routine - 8 minutes
Full Body Pilates Barre - 20 minutes
Arms and Abs Pilates - 20 minutes

Will walk later today, too.

wishiwasinhawaii - I'm sorry about your job situation - this pandemic is wreaking havoc on people's jobs. I hope it turns out that you keep your job. I know as much as i complain I'm lucky to have security right now. I'll see what happens after the interview..... the dreary days do add to the blahs. It is sunny today so that should help. I still have to get caught up on work, though. It is in part b/c we are busier than usual due to the pandemic and also in part due to our processes being so antiquated and not well suited for automation. And, my boss throws out random projects from time to time as well - which don't need to be done now, but still have to do them...

Sherry - good job on the workout. It does help boost my mood for sure.

Hoe everyone has a good day.

Donna
donnamp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-20, 06:57 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Today was:

Ellen - Strengthen, Lengthen and Breathe

Will walk later and maybe something at lunch if I have time.

I worked both days this weekend and I am pretty burned out - I can't do that regularly!

My interview for the transfer position is at 4 and is a phone interview. What interests me, besides getting out from where I am is that there would be a variety of duties - including some personnel work. I have been focused on the same area for a long time now and I really would like to learn more things. But, we shall see what happens. Even if I decide I want the position and I get it, as a show of good will I'd probably have to stay where I am through the end of the fiscal year to wrap things up. Anyway, we shall see what happens....

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
Old 04-20-20, 05:16 PM  
Leonana

Today was a one mile outdoor walk, along with some yard work and house cleaning. Walking outdoors felt so good and really improved my mood.

Donna, I guess your interview is over know. I hope it went well!

wishiwasinhawaii, I hope your job stays safe. I'm glad you got some sunshine, it definitely helps with mood.
Old 04-21-20, 07:15 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday before my interview I did a few sparks from Lucy Wyndham Read - she is posting a weekly schedule here:

https://www.lwrfitness.com/free-home...workout-class/

Her stuff is short, but I do get a lot out of it!

I did the 4 min HIIT and Leg Sculpting workout yesterday afternoon.

DD and I took a walk after my interview. I think it went reasonably well and I think I have a chance unless they had someone else in mind already. A downside is that I don't have experience in all aspects of the job - but I think it would be hard to find someone with all of that experience b/c it is a very diverse position - contracts/purchasing (which I do now), some Accounts Payable. some personnel, some budgeting, etc. But that is what appeals to me about the job - the chance to learn and do some new things. But, we shall see. If I don't get it that is fine and if I do, I'll consider it.

This morning was Lucy's 7 Min Melt Off Belly Fat - and Jessica Valent's Full Body Pilates - which turned out to be quite an athletic challenge! It was a good one if you are looking to add a bit of athletic style work to your Pilates routine.

Hopefully the weather will hold up and my DD and I can walk later.

Happy Tuesday!

Donna
Old 04-22-20, 08:54 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Today was a "HIIT" day on Jessica V's calendar so I did something that sorta fit the bill -

Lucy Wyndham Read - 20 Min Walk at home - which was a cardio/tone type program. Her videos look like they would be pretty easy but I find them to be sneaky. Production isn't great - white background, no music, but hey, they are free and you can always play your own music. Good for a change of pace and when you don't want anything too fancy. She also has a lot of short workouts that are good for "sparks" throughout the day.

I also did:

Blessful Body - "Zesty" flow - a Pilates/Yoga blend - 20 min.

Yesterday DD and I walked and I also did one of Lucy's ballet toning workouts.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
Old 04-22-20, 06:04 PM  
wishiwasinhawaii

I've started following Jessica's new Calm and Strong rotation. Who knows how long I'll stick with it because my attention span is very short these days. I'm actually subbing another workout tonight because Tony Horton is doing a live Facebook workout so I'm going to do that.

I took yesterday off because I had some things to do around the house and didn't want to be interrupted by emails or calls and I got a lot done. I might have to do that again soon. Might as well use my days since I'm certainly not going anywhere this year! I also went for a walk yesterday, but today it was cold and windy so I stayed in.

Donna, I like Lucy's workouts too. I haven't done one lately, but I should revisit her youtube channel. Glad to hear your interview went well. Would it be a lateral move?

Waves, Sherry!
Old 04-22-20, 10:21 PM  
Leonana

I had forgot about Jessica's Calm and Strong rotation. I guess my walk Monday was cardio, so I'll count it. Yesterday I did Fusion Sculpt. Today was Strictly Strength from the Get Strong dvd. I used 5, 8 and one 10 pound for the kettlebell move. I like to use light weights overhead, and Jessica uses heavy weights. I like Strictly Strength, because it moves slow enough for me to swap weights, from 5 pounds for overhead, then back to 8 for leg work. So far, I like this rotation.

Our governor announced today that hospitals can do elective surgery on May 1. Our hospitals are about half full, with about 10% Covid patients. It took him an hour an a half to say that, lol. Our stay at home ends April 30, but he hasn't announced if he will extend it or let it expire. He said he was in a conference call with Trump and Pence, so my guess is he will follow the administration's three phase plan of opening. I can see both sides, you don't want people to get sick. OTH, I'm worried about dh's work, and other people who are suffering from the shut down. No easy answers, that's for sure.

Donna, the job sounds like a good move for you, if you get it. I can't remember if I posted about it, but I had to give the CeraVe sunscreen to a friend. It broke me out, like the PM Moisturizer. I should have known better, but I thought the sunscreen would be different. Most of the other products are fine for my skin, but these two break me out for some reason.

wishiwasinhawaii, it sounds like you were productive and got a lot of housework done.
Old 04-23-20, 08:25 AM  
donnamp

hi Everyone,

Today's workouts:

Jenny Ford - Live - Marching Workout - she posted this one a few days ago. She has been posting Live workouts on her You Tube channel - filming outside of her house. It was a nice one - but the video got messed up at the end.

Sarah Starr - Happy Yoga - Waterfall - Sarah's workouts are available for "Free" if you are an Amazon Prime Member - they use a chair as a prop and are just very nice to do to enjoy some outdoor scenery.

Yesterday I did CS - Connective Tissue - it was the first day of the new Wellness Challenge, and this one was made available yesterday for free. I did it a number of times as part of the January challenge, and it is a good one. However, I decided I'm not really in the mood for following a challenge right now - I'm doing better with just picking and choosing each day.

DD and I also took our walk last night.

wishiwasinhawii - if we're still in quarantine after my busy season, I'm going to take a few days off to just get some stuff done at home. I think going anywhere for a vacation this year is going to be a bust.

Sherry- sorry about the cerave break out! I'm back to my Aveeno routine at the moment - which consists of the Acne Cleanser in the morning followed by the Ultra Calming Night cream and Ultra Calming SPF 30 mineral sunscreen. Night is the Ultra Calming Gel Cleanser followed by the Acne moisturizer and, if I need extra moisturizer, the Ultra Calming. Unfortunately, some of these products have fragrance (the acne stuff). I had good results w/ this routine and it is good excuse to use up my products!

Yes, I think it is a tough choice to decide what to do about re-opening. Our Governor does not seem to be in a hurry - which I'm happy about. Our cases are still steadily increasing. I think on some level, he doesn't have some of the pressure other states have - MD is full of federal workers who are able to telework and are not suffering job losses as a result of the state being closed. I think it may be a different story if we did not have that workforce here. But, you don't want to open too soon and risk more illness/deaths and then have to shut down again - I think that will end up being more damaging psychologically and to the economy.

Tough times.....

Donna
Old 04-23-20, 11:40 AM  
Leonana

Today is a restorative stretch on the Calm and Strong schedule. I'm going to do it this evening before bed. I think I'll do the you tube version.

Donna, our state is mostly non-federal, I would guess. My husband and all of our friends are those who can't telework and are hurt by the economy slowing down. I’m doing my best not to stress, but not always successful!

I have to say, it's really getting to me this week. I'm going to have to start painting again!

In some good news, I found an article from NPR about pantyhose increasing the effectiveness of cloth masks. At last, I can use all that pantyhose I have leftover from working, lol.

https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsan...sks-study-find

Tags
jessica smith get strong