Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-26-16, 08:19 AM  
Lannette

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandie123 View Post
I've been looking at the pilates chair forever,my question is can you work out all body parts using it? I'am moving to a very small place and would love to have a piece of equipment that is fairly small.
I'm about as far from an expert as you can get but I did manage to unbox mine this morning and set it up.

According to the literature that came with the chair, Joseph Pilates created the chair with NYC apartments in mind as a piece for use in small spaces.

There are a few YouTube videos that show potential exercises HERE and HERE.

I'm not sure I see myself using this with the DVDs that came with it as much as using them to learn the exercises and then adding some on to other workouts.

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Lannette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-16, 11:48 AM  
Taiga

So I saw this huge/filthy box stuffed in the corner of the thrift store and I could barely make out the 'Malibu Pilates' label on one edge. I took the lid off and inside there was a pristine Chair with sculpting arms, 2 sets of springs and 7 sealed dvds. Somehow it must have been one heck of an epic fail for the owner not to even crack a single dvd open I paid my $20 and hoisted it into my car.Thank goodness I had a tarp for the back---the box was heavily mud crusted. I bet there was an interesting back story to it all. Either way, I think all that mud kept the price down and others less interested until I could happen upon it

I have a long weekend next week (Thank you 4th of July!!) and will play with it more then but hope to give one of the shorter workouts a whirl today. We'll see how fast I can get the chores out of the way but it always helps to have an incentive

This workout looks good. I'll have to see how well it transfers to the MP chair.
Old 06-26-16, 02:29 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Wow, Taiga what a bargain!!! I love the handles, and every time I use them I felt it the next day. That youtube video you linked, work pretty good on the MPC, I've used it several times, I always break a little sweat in those short minutes.

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-16, 03:44 PM  
Lannette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiga View Post
So I saw this huge/filthy box stuffed in the corner of the thrift store and I could barely make out the 'Malibu Pilates' label on one edge. I took the lid off and inside there was a pristine Chair with sculpting arms, 2 sets of springs and 7 sealed dvds. Somehow it must have been one heck of an epic fail for the owner not to even crack a single dvd open I paid my $20 and hoisted it into my car.Thank goodness I had a tarp for the back---the box was heavily mud crusted. I bet there was an interesting back story to it all. Either way, I think all that mud kept the price down and others less interested until I could happen upon it

I have a long weekend next week (Thank you 4th of July!!) and will play with it more then but hope to give one of the shorter workouts a whirl today. We'll see how fast I can get the chores out of the way but it always helps to have an incentive

This workout looks good. I'll have to see how well it transfers to the MP chair.
SCORE!! That was a great bargain Taiga!

I've watched Freecycle, Craigslist and our local recycling center for several years and nothing. The nearest thrift store is an hour and a half away.

Good for you! Hope you enjoy it!

I tried Sculpt and Tone today. It's billed as perfect for a light day and it was.

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Old 06-26-16, 03:47 PM  
Lannette

If you have the QVC chair can you let me know if it's a little loose when you pick it up to move it while it's open? It's rock solid when on the ground and in use but when I pick it up the front legs have a bit of give. I believe it's supposed to be that way but figure it can't hurt to ask.

Old 06-26-16, 10:43 PM  
Taiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lannette View Post
If you have the QVC chair can you let me know if it's a little loose when you pick it up to move it while it's open? It's rock solid when on the ground and in use but when I pick it up the front legs have a bit of give. I believe it's supposed to be that way but figure it can't hurt to ask.
I'm not sure what version I have---I thought the older ones were GR but for some reason I thought QVC sold the older chairs at one point. I definitely don't have the newer color version. Either way, the one I have is fairly rock solid even when I pick it up. HTH.
Old 06-27-16, 03:32 AM  
Lannette

Thanks Taiga. I was hoping one of the folks who purchased the new QVC Chair would respond. I think it has some give to allow the small floor pad to be able to fold up but would like to know that it's supposed to be that way.

Old 06-30-16, 01:01 PM  
sherylb

I have this on it's way from QVC. The reviews are so mixed over there about set up, some say it's easy, some say it's impossible. Not even sure I should open it.
sherylb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-16, 06:02 PM  
Lannette

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherylb View Post
I have this on it's way from QVC. The reviews are so mixed over there about set up, some say it's easy, some say it's impossible. Not even sure I should open it.
There is a good amount of protective shrink wrap. IMHO The set-up instructions make it seem more difficult than it is. Once I set it up and broke it down once it doesn't seem at all hard or terribly complicated to me.

Old 06-30-16, 06:51 PM  
sherylb

Thanks
sherylb is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jennifer galardi, malibu pilates, malibu pilates pro chair, pilates pro chair, wunda chair