Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-12-20, 03:05 PM  
Anny

Beth, Paine and Sandra I am sorry to hear you have been struggling. And ugh re the speeding ticket, too, Beth.

Linda I did two miles from Leslie’s 5 Day Walk Plan the other day and enjoyed her energy.

This week, I have also worked out with Cindy Crawford Shape your Body and levels from the RCAF 5BX plan.

I’m only working half a day today as I’m then going to the airport to pick up my two eldest sons, who are flying in from Adelaide for the weekend. They are here for work but we get to spend some time celebrating birthdays and have booked a local Italian restaurant for dinner tonight for sons and girlfriends who live in Sydney to join in as well. We will be missing one son but it’s not bad to have six of the seven together tonight.
Old 11-12-20, 03:25 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvcritters View Post
Beth - the people you know who live alone, are they used to getting out shopping and being with other people?
Linda, several of my co-workers live alone. They are more introverted but miss the work interactions. Also one of them is a widow and the other just lost her mom/has health issues...so there are complications.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-20, 07:08 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Beth, sorry that the SweeTango apples aren't as good this time. Hopefully you'll find a couple that are good.

Anny, I love hearing that your sons from Adelaide are flying to visit you! And how fun that all of you are going to an Italian restaurant for dinner. I know you'll enjoy your family time together.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-20, 08:17 PM  
YogaGal

Work has been keeping me busy and I have been very distracted for the past week waiting for election results. But as soon as we got some good news there last Saturday, I found out that my SIL fell over a curb at the drugstore and broke her hip (which later turned out to be her femur). I was calling her to ask her about something and she tearfully told me she was in the ER. Anyway, she had surgery on Sunday morning and went home on Monday afternoon. She is so committed to walking in the mornings about 5 days/week, so I know she will be motivated to get back in shape to do that. I’m sure her recovery will take awhile, so perhaps a good thing that family holidays will be extremely low key this year.

So sorry to hear about the Covid Blues going around. The days are soooo short here now. Starts getting dark at about 5:30. But at least we are having some beautiful fall weather on the short days we have. DH and I took a short walk late yesterday afternoon to enjoy it before it got dark.

Pat: Surprised to hear you had an earthquake!

Paine: I love vanilla scents too. I recently discovered Raw Sugar products at Target and am enjoying their Vanilla Bean + Sugar hand soap and the body wash. I also love TJ’s Warm Vanilla Body Butter.

Pam: Sorry you’re still having trouble with your hip. Take care.

Beth: Sorry to hear about the ticket. Such a bummer when you seldom drive into work. DH and I both love apples, especially Fuji, but I’m open to new varieties.

Linda: Sorry you got knocked down by the flu shot. You may want to avoid the shingles shot as it negatively affected me and DH and also Beth. Just felt kind of woozy and out of it for a day or two.

I'll try to catch up more in the coming days; I actually have about one week coming up with no grading!

Off to make some soup in my Instant Pot and get laundry started.
Old 11-12-20, 08:51 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Paine, guess I'll have to branch out on my apples; I'll look for Envy or maybe Carolyn's Fuji.

Carolyn, sorry about your SIL! I hope she has access to the treatment she needs. Sun is pretty much setting here by 5 pm, although it takes a little longer to get full dark.

One more day to this week!!!

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 11-12-20, 10:52 PM  
JustSandra

Hi!

Today's Workout: The bonus Chair Stretch from Jessica Smith's Major Metabolism Booster. Had never done it before. It was pleasant but I won't be in a big hurry to pull it out again.

Beth: Ouch on the speeding ticket! Several years ago I got caught by a red light camera (I didn't come to a complete stop before making a right-hand turn) and it was a very expensive mistake.

Carolyn: Sending healing thoughts to your SIL.

Waving to all!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-20, 11:22 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Today’s workouts:
~Taught Essentrics
~Cardio: 25 min gliding & WOW 30 min walk
~Jessica’s WS3: Deep Stretch
~Active release to hips - This time I used my Petrone Balls, much gentler. I hadn’t used them for ages and they are much less torturous.
~Steps: 11,005

Carolyn - So sorry to hear about your SIL & wishing her a speedy recovery! I hope work settles down for you.

Beth - Ugh, sorry about the ticket & sorry it’s one more downer in an already stressful week.

Pat - You made the most of a rainy day, good for you!

It was windy & pouring rain here today so I missed my walk. DH and I did a run into town to pick up our online grocery order and a few other things. We ventured into the mall, thankfully it was quiet, to pick up another online order and get chocolates from a friend’s artisan chocolate shop. I always buy my Christmas treats from them. So I am stocked up, just have to keep DH away from them, lol.

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-20, 08:24 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Ugh, Sandra, I think the camera ticket would be worse - then you don't know until later!

HAPPY FRIDAY!!!

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 11-13-20, 09:37 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

TGIF!! Made good on my word to quit neglecting PT. Yesterday featured:

~ MR Sculpture - first half of lower body workout featuring warmup, calves, quads, outer thighs and inner thighs
~ PT; 25 mini ball crunches
~ 30 hip circle butt bridges
~ my own yin yoga hip and heart openers with blocks
~ inversion table
~ Tias Little Yoga Nidra and Samadhi

Carolyn - oh my goodness, what sad news about your sister. I do wish her the best.

Pam - good idea on the Petrone balls. I've been meaning to investigate those for so long - maybe a Christmas gift to me?

Anny, how nice to be getting a visit from your sons.

Make it a great day everyone!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-20, 10:09 AM  
sherry7899

Pat, I pm'ed you about Petrone balls.

Anny, I am so happy for you getting to see your sons

Pam, I would have to hide those chocolates from myself!

Beth, I am so sorry about the ticket. I hope your weekend is much better than your week was. Hugs!!

Carolyn, your poor SIL! I am so sorry.

Linda, I am glad you are recovered from the flu shot. Some years I get a reaction and some I don't.

As far as people living alone during the pandemic-I have an online friend who lived in NYC all her life, and then retired down south a few years ago. She lives alone and is having a really rough time. She is extremely social. She was supposed to travel to Europe this summer to celebrate a milestone birthday, and of course had to cancel. The area where she lives is mainly people who are against wearing masks. She has pre-existing conditions, so she isn't going anywhere. Her neighbors don't agree with her political views and stopped talking to her. I feel awful for her. She is the sweetest person. She sent my son a $50 check when he graduated from high school a few years ago! I'm chatting with her online, but that doesn't come close to seeing someone in real life.

I was supposed to do cardio today, but my body said no. Instead I made a batch of baked oatmeal at 6:20 am, put it in the oven and did a 20 minute Yoga Upload practice.

We are heading to Trader Joe's and Wegmans tonight. I am eager to see if th Trader Joe's has any peppermint stuff left. I have a feeling they are cleaned out already. I have read in Trader Joe's facebook groups that they do not have nearly as much as previous years. None of it is good for me anyway, but I just want ONE box of chocolate covered peppermint jo jo cookies Aldi has their own version (they aren't as good) so it's not a big deal if I don't get them.

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote