Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 10-29-20, 11:27 PM  
Anny

Congrats to Pam and Beth on their win!

Pat very nice to hear that you had a good sleep.

Paine I hope your motivation returns!

Carolyn a focus on core for November sounds like a great idea.

I’ve been doing Joyce Vedral’s Definition this week for workouts, alternating upper and lower body workouts as suggested in the book.
Old 10-30-20, 05:47 AM  
sherry7899

Pam, I think the workout you did was a Bellyfit Sage workout. Those are gentler and lower key. Thanks for your post.

Yesterday I did a Yoga Ranger practice and strung together a bunch of different cardio to make up an hour of cardio. Today may be a rest day. I woke up with a headache. I will check back later.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-20, 08:41 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Essentrics Strength & Stretch in Motion (Stretch Workout #2: Shoulders, Upper Back & Hamstrings with the birds!)

Sandra inspired me to pull out Essentrics Strength & Stretch in Motion which felt good because I have both upper and lower DOMS from Jari and Smithey. Thank you, Sandra!

Earlier I 86ed a short cardio from YouTube. I felt dread in the first minute so I stopped.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-20, 09:13 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

TGIF!!!!

Yesterday featured:

~ Beth's guided Leaves in the River
~ Templesounds 11 Minute Chakra Tune-Up (thank you to our Cyana for turning me on to Templesounds)
~ Doo-Wop routine from Jane Fonda's Firm & Burn
~ 50 mini ball crunches
~ Deep stretch and inversion table

Beth I just loved the meditation. I woke up in the middle of the night and used the technique on my own - zonked right out before the first leaf drifted off. You have a beautiful voice for guiding - thank you!

Thank you for the Alchemista report, Pam. It sounds like something I might like, because I prefer the slower/Sage routines. I had been hoping Alice would do a full Sage series, even if it's only four or five. With affirmations for old geezers cough cough, er, I mean sage women like me.

Sherry, I hope your headache feels better soon.

Everyone, please have a joyful day!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-20, 12:09 PM  
luvcritters
VF Supporter

Beth and Pam - congrats on winning Alchemista.

Sandra - I'll be taking lids off a lot of things. Cat food and pill bottles come to mind. My sweetie already opens Gatorade and Powerade for me because of my wrists. I have very strong hands and arms but we're only as strong as our weakest link.

Wednesday I did T-Tapp plus back, biceps, shoulders and some legs with the man on Kik. His biceps are interfering with eating and shaving and he still wants them bigger.

Yesterday I did Yoga for Weight Loss after triceps and legs on my own. I tried doing some chest work but its too painful for the shoulder. I finally got 10 pound ankle weights for quads and hamstrings. I'm between weights on the leg extension so I hope the ankle weights will help get me to the next plate.

Today I'll use the rowing machine for cardio and the recumbent bike for fun.

Trust no one. - X-Files, and me.

Comfort food only provides comfort while it's in your mouth. - Me
luvcritters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-20, 12:23 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Aww, Pam, thank you - I am so glad you found the meditation to be helpful! It comes from a program we use at work called RIO, a 3-session mindfulness-based series. There are several guided meditations, but the Leaves in the River always seems to be a favorite.
PS - You are not much older than me, so if you are in "geezer" territory, I'm right there with you!
PPS - Oops, for got to mention yesterday that I read Interpreter of Maladies when it was recommended to me by a co-worker last year. I liked it, but I'm not a big short story person; I liked The Namesake better.

Paine, I 86ed a YouTube kickbox workout earlier this week. I haven't done that Essentrics routine in awhile...I wonder if I could sneak it in right now while I'm "at work" - I did manage Armatics Taster in the office yesterday!

Sherry, you are on a Yoga Ranger kick! There was awhile last year where I was mainly using her routines for yoga.

Anny, how is your family doing? Are you able to see them more with some of the travel restrictions lifted?

Sandra, I've had waxing/waning motivation too, and I'm usually very consistent. I've still been exercising but my routines look very different than a year ago at this time! I've been continuing to work at just allowing that.

Pam, I signed in for Alchemista but didn't view anything yet. I was surprised to see that the intro was so long! I would have preferred a 5-minute overview (maybe I'll put it on in the background now). And as I said to Sandra above, motivation issues are very understandable right now! Given the pandemic, maybe you could give yourself a longer period of time to finish Level 4?

Carolyn, great that you met your October goal! I don't seem to be a workout goal-setter since I tend to go in spurts with what I enjoy doing.

I have a haircut and grocery shopping on tap for later, so I'm going to have to try to figure out a way to squeeze a workout in.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-20, 07:54 PM  
Anny

Beth I’ve been to South Australia once and two sons are coming to Sydney in two weeks . I hope to also get back there for a weekend in December. I’m still not able to go to Western Australia to see my brother and his family as that would involve quarantine on arrival there (not here in Sydney thank heavens) and I just don’t have the leave available.

Paine I hate workouts with a dread factor - they require so much inner motivation from me!

Continuing with my Definition rotation and I’m walking to meet friends for lunch (Saturday today) at Barangaroo on the Sydney Harbour (I live on the opposite side of the harbour on the lower north shore so it’s a ferry ride or a walk across the Harbour Bridge).
Old 10-30-20, 08:10 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

A quick fly by....

Today’s workouts:
~7 km trail walk
~Essentrics TV: Rebalance & Release
~Yin & Yoga Nidra Workshop on Zoom - This was through Pat’s local studio in Connecticut. It was so cool to see and chat with Pat briefly before the workshop started. The workshop was lovely, relaxing, & rejuvenating....fuel for the soul! I’ve only done yoga Nidra a couple of times, & this session was amazing!
~ETA steps: 12,166

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-20, 08:38 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Pam, very cool that you & Pat got to connect!

Anny, I'm glad you get to see some of your sons but still must be hard not to visit your brother.

So, I didn't wind up getting in a workout today since I got my hair cut after work and then went grocery shopping; oh well. I have been doing better with meditation this week since I'm currently following Dan Harris's "Election Sanity" challenge (on Ten Percent Happier).

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 10-30-20, 09:30 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Oops, meant to wave to Linda - we cross-posted before!

Pam, I am confused about Alchemista. It says that it's a "6-part workout & meditation series," but as far as I can tell, there are 2 introductions, 1 meditation, and 3 workouts. Is that your understanding as well?

Follow me @YogiBethC