Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 10-15-20, 02:17 PM  
sherry7899

Back for personals.....

Paine, I am glad I am not the only one who has Joni'Oed you tube workouts! I tried one from Emkfit based on the music-it was "emo punk" which made me smile because it was all music my son has blasted from his room, but the workout had too much twisting and moved too quickly. I tried a dance workout from Fit Body by Ashley, but could not get into it.

Cyana, have you heard of the husband/wife music duo "War and Treaty?" I think they are on Spotify. They are blues/rock and I really like them. I bought their second cd a few weeks ago. They are going to be on Austin City Limits the first weekend in November.

Pat, I need to try Yoga Glo someday, but I have so much yoga on dvd and on you tube. Your practices from there sound so lovely, though! I am glad you are feeling better.

Beth, there is one strength workout on the fabulous fifties channel where she talks for five minutes before doing anything! She is not as chatty on other workouts I've tried. I thought of you this morning because I was playing a Philly mainly 80s radio station (WOGL) when I was doing errands. It was an oldies station for over 30 years. My husband listened to their Elvis Sunday morning show on there for decades. They did an abrupt change to mainly 80s and some 70s music.

Pam, I will try the Shakti Warrior soon. Thank you for your updates!

Linda, I wish I lived near you. I would bring you soup!

Our library was quarantining books for three days, but I think they increased it to seven days. I just picked up three psychological suspense books this morning. They now have books in bags on a table outside. I wonder what they will do when the weather gets much colder. I miss browsing inside, but want everyone who works there to be safe. I think they are not opening it up to the public more because of the people who spend hours there than the people who browse, check out books and leave. Our county library system is reopening for limited indoor browsing, but my town's library is not.

We are going to Trader Joe's tonight. I am curious to see if any pumpkin items are left. I kind of doubt it.

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-20, 03:37 PM  
Anny

Pat yes, I’m in Sydney, Australia, and it is spring (finally, as I hate winters and cold! Lol).

Sherry and Paine I’ve ‘Joni O’ed’ YouTube and paper workouts: just started the routine or practice and thought nope, not for me today.

Beth I don’t think our library is doing any book quarantining, just disinfecting.

The last two evenings I have done some Joyce Vedral strength workouts using a Mish-mash of exercises from her 12 Minute workout book to make an upper body workout one day and a lower the next.
Old 10-15-20, 09:45 PM  
JustSandra

Hi all!

Today's Workout: Finished up Margaret Richard's Triple Threat Lower Body with the second half, which covers glutes, hamstrings and quads. Once again, great segments but don't like the DVD organization. Thank goodness Triple Threat is well chaptered!

My car wouldn't start this morning, and long story short it needs a new alternator. I can't get in until Tuesday to get it repaired. Since I don't want to drive it until it is fixed, I'll definitely be getting some outside walking done.

Beth: My library currently quarantines items for four days. I think the quarantining is overkill since it doesn't appear that Covid spreads this way, but I guess at least for now they are being conservative. Still no details re what our limited reopening for browsing will entail. Presumably people will be able to come inside to pick up their holds, but we may continue offering curbside pickup for those who are more comfortable with that. I also don't know if patrons will have a time limit inside and, if so, how in the world we would enforce it!

Sherry: One of my neighbors just gave me pumpkin biscotti from Trader Joe's!

Pat: That made me laugh about not doing Tai Cheng in high heels!

Waving to all!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-20, 11:30 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Hello mat mavens!

Today’s workouts:
~Taught Essentrics
~Neighbourhood walk
~90s Zumba Dance Party (YT) - First 15 min, I Joni O’d it after the third commercial break.
~Shakti Warrior Dance Day 8 - This was very nice, all standing again with a nice goddess to Warrior II to Peaceful Warrior flow in the sequence.
~Steps: 9151

Sandra - Ugh, sorry about your car!

Sherry - I hope you enjoy Shakti Warrior! DH & I love Trader Joe’s, it’s top of our list when we go to the US....if we ever get to travel again....

Sandra & Sherry - There’s so much uncertainty these days so I can see why your libraries are conservative. I take ebooks out from my library so closures haven’t affected me although the waits times are often quite long.

Beth - Bummer about buying the wrong book. I haven’t read a Kellerman for ages. Right now I’m waiting for the latest Louise Penny Gamache mystery.

Pat - I must check out Glo sometime, maybe they’ll have a Black Friday deal.

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-20, 05:50 AM  
sherry7899

Pam, are you biting on the new Bellyfit set "Alchemista?" I am glad this one offers downloads. I am debating whether to order. It looks interesting.
Trader Joe's was out of odd things last night-basic items like boxed chicken broth (which I use ALL the time) and they did not have canned fire roasted tomatoes. They are the third store I've tried. I use them in chili and vegetable stews. I asked the cashier, and she checked and said they will be back in November. I think due to covid they are likely not being manufactured since three stores that usually sell them did not have them.

Sandra, I am so sorry about your car. That is so aggravating!
I have not tried the biscotti. I hope you enjoy it! They are out of pumpkin butter for the sesaon (sob!) I was hoping to buy vanilla bean paste which they get in for a very brief time, but it is already gone. Oh, well.....

I thought I was the only one who did not like the sequence of Triple Threat. When I use it, I skip around and make my own workout. I need to try that one again. I'm not up for Margaret's strength yet.

I am taking a rest day today, but I will really try to do some yin yoga. I woke up at 4:50 am and could not fall back to sleep.

I racked up over 12,000 steps yesterday between cardio, moving around during the day and going to several grocery stores. Today will be a much lower step count.

Have a great day!
Sherry

Old 10-16-20, 07:16 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Sherry, great step total! DH & I have been a little worried that stores are starting to have shortages again. I think that must have been the exact Fabulous 50s workout I tried! That's cool about the Philly radio station and funny about Elvis on Sundays--there is a station here that plays Frank Sinatra Sunday mornings, and when I was going to regular yoga classes at that time, I always found it kind of soothing.

Pam, at least it was just borrowing the wrong book from the library rather than buying! I still want to get the Shakti Warrior series, but now I am feeling guilty because I spent a ridiculously indulgent amount of money on a myofascial massage last night.

Oh no Sandra! This is your Honda Fit? It still seems "new" to me, but I'm sure you've had it awhile now. Sudden car issues/expenses can be so frustrating!

Anny, I hope your spring has been beautiful so far! Are coronavirus cases going up in Australia like they are in other countries?

Pat I'm going to have to make sure I don't do any of my workouts in high heels!

Paine, I don't mind driving at night all that much, but it's kind of weird because I hardly ever do it any more, especially for any distance (DH usually drives if we are together).

Happy Friday and TGIF!!!

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-20, 07:37 AM  
sherry7899

Beth, we are not Sinatra fans, which is sacrilege in NJ! My husband loves Frankie Valli and is named after him. I do not like him because I was tortured with the song "Sherry" all through school! It is funny that I married someone named after Frankie Valli. My husband first saw him in concert when he was five years old! He grew up in Lambertville, and they had concerts there for years when he was growing up. I think Simon and Garfunkel played there. There is a documentary about the concerts they had there. It may be online.

We are also worried about shortages again. We were happy to find that Wegmans finally had their 20 pack rolls of toilet paper again.

Old 10-16-20, 07:41 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Aww, Sherry, sorry about the name teasing! I'm not a Sinatra fan either but in that context just found the routine enjoying.

I think DH has plenty of toilet paper stored in our basement...but he is still worried.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-20, 08:06 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning, TGIF!!! I kept it low key again yesterday. I managed to traverse Costco for supps, big tubs of PB Fit and Fage, and a crack bird (rotisserie chicken). At home I did a 15 minute Pilates on Glo, "Core Basics for the Active Beginner" with Kit Rich.

Paine, I have trouble night driving also. I thought that would improve after my cataract surgery but it doesn’t seem to have helped. Yeah - having these old body parts dropping off one after the other sucks!

Sherry, my library leaves books in bags in a small entrance between the outer and inner doors. I’m so glad they’re open again. I read online that canned pumpkin is coming. There is no shortage, but planting was delayed due to the virus. Is Alchemista even newer than BF’s recent 20 minute set? I’m not even getting emails from BF anymore.

Pam, commercials in YT videos are totally bogus. Seems like they’re hammering those of us who won’t pay a fee.

I’m working on an awful transcript with someone testifying in a strong dialect and a bonus - they’re not wearing their dentures, so I better get back to it. Just glad I wasn't in the courtroom with all the spit flying. Roll eyes.

Everyone have a happy Friday.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-20, 10:09 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Triple Threat (28 minutes of Upper Body selections: Segment 1, Rotation 1 all: Pushups, Tricep Dips, Bicep hammers & curls; Segment 2, Rotation 1: Deltoids & Back; Rotation 2: Deltoids; Rotation 3 all: Deltoids, Back: Swan & leg swimming, Obliques: side plank)

All this talk about Triple Threat made me want to make an upper body routine. I did 28 minutes total of upper body work but I might not do that much next time, although I might keep it "as is" because I really liked the exercises I did today. I do like working my deltoids so I may not do as much deltoid work next time. Overall, I enjoyed what I did today.

When I went to the market this week I was happy that they seemed well stocked although I still haven't found Lysol disinfecting wipes anywhere. We moved here in early March and I have not seen Lysol disinfectant wipes since we moved here. I'll be curious to see how long it takes for them to get back in stock. I bet it will be another year before they are available.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote